IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

They will be threatening legal action next, akin to their spat with Wycombe !

Wonder if Man Utd complained to the Premier League when Man City were putting flyers up everywhere a few years back (of course they didn't, how tinpot would that be).

Now the club know it annoys them, I fully expect (and endorse), more shithousery of this kind

• Like 1

Deary me, Gaschat is hilarious ?

What’s sad is that my 14 year old doesn’t understand my feelings, despite being a season ticket holder himself.

He understands that people refer to them as ‘rivals’ but it’s just not tangible to any anyone under the age of 20.

Even under 30 is a stretch.

He talks about them like he does about Keynsham Town.

Edited by 054123
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They seem to have a snide, unprofessional element to their corporate, Bristol Sport umbrella company which became apparent during the Taylor transfer and seems to show no sign of abating. Whilst both Bristol club’s managers might act infantile and wind each other up you expect the club owners to have some pride and professionalism and a non-antagonistic relationship of sorts as they are supposed to be the adults in the room.

Things like this do get noticed in the corporate world and whilst it might take a long old while I have no doubt that Bristol Sport’s (Men’s football division) PR chicanery will eventually come back to bite them on the ass.

Oh yeah - Wael lobbing his toys out of the pram and banning all future player transactions between the clubs after the Matty Taylor transfer was very "adult".

Looking at it a few years since...

They have NOTHING we want - so we don't care

We have a host of promising young players loaned to clubs they compete with such as Plymouth, Newport, Cheltenham, Swindon etc. 

I don't suppose for a minute Tinns would have placed young players at Rovers as a "first choice", but it could have happened, still their loss is Plymouths gain. 

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Deary me, Gaschat is hilarious ?

What’s sad is that my 14 year old doesn’t understand my feelings, despite being a season ticket holder himself.

He understands that people refer to them as ‘rivals’ but it’s just not tangible to any anyone under the age of 20.

Even under 30 is a stretch.

He talks about them like he does about Keynsham Town.

Tell him to stop insulting Keynsham (spelt K-E-Y-N-S-H-A-M for Horace Batchelor fans) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, cityal said:

Oh yeah - Wael lobbing his toys out of the pram and banning all future player transactions between the clubs after the Matty Taylor transfer was very "adult".

Looking at it a few years since...

They have NOTHING we want - so we don't care

We have a host of promising young players loaned to clubs they compete with such as Plymouth, Newport, Cheltenham, Swindon etc. 

I don't suppose for a minute Tinns would have placed young players at Rovers as a "first choice", but it could have happened, still their loss is Plymouths gain. 

PR Chicanery? What, promoting to City fans and the wider footballing world state of the art investments coming to fruition that will develop our club? 

I can only imagine the impact such PR has on talented yet impressionable players - come here, get a rounded development, receive a first class education with medical and nutritional support, all whilst learning your trade at a prestigious academy. Why would that influence over an alternate offer of changing in the back of the manager's Allegro, having any injury treated courtesy of Poundland's finest sponge and bucket, travelling home caked in mud, whilst stopping off for a discounted, congealed breakfast bap at Snack Box?

Surely youth aren't so fickle?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

One of them is so annoyed they are talking about shitting in a bus stop.

The really are a very small football club with delusional aspirations.

They're the Scrappy Doo of West Country sport.

Has nobody taught them you don’t shit on your own doorstep.....even if it does improve the area by about 750%.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

One of them is so annoyed they are talking about shitting in a bus stop.

The really are a very small football club with delusional aspirations.

They're the Scrappy Doo of West Country sport.

10 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

For any city fan not old enough to remember or any 15er reading this. This newspaper article is a major reason why we ******* detest your vile shitty little club 

F84E9848-6EC8-4016-A6F5-63E691F16B25.png

The £400,000 the club would have received from the proposed third ownership partners, of Rovers and the Council. That £400,000 was the precise figure that Martin Flook reportedly offered to the administrators for the purchase of the  whole ground. Methinks the person scuppering the deal was more likely to be aligned to the blue side, in an attempt to obtain the whole ground. Once they knew the level of cash injection required to pay off the clubs debts, in went the offer. It was an exercise only, with no intention to become a partner, in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 2

Why on earth SHOULDN'T Bristol's biggest club, by an absolute mile, post something advertising themselves on one of the city's busiest roads? Have the methane snorting swamp dwellers (when they can be arsed to turn up) suddenly taken ownership of the A38?

Stuff them, totally pointless antiquated little club.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, reddoh said:

Bristol Rovers have signed midfielder Ben Liddle from Middlesbrough taken From Sky

Liddle on quality liddle on price.

He’s aged 22 and has made a total of 4 league appearances.   Obviously a late developer 

4 hours ago, pommers1965 said:

No, I live in Devon. But the cheeky bar stewards need to feel the wrath of Gas. I am going to irritate their twitter account in a bit.... and their head office. I am off work today and I can be quite petty when bored. 
The wrath of the gas...Hahahahaha

The wrath of gas! Ha ha, what's that? A wet fart in a tent!

• Haha 3