IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

To be fair to the sags, they could have just solved violence at football matches with the stroke of a pen:

Dear Sir. 

Baz, Midge, Knocker and Titch are writing to inform you that we intend to carry out a very aggressive leaflet campaign in the BS3 area in protest at your recent encroachment onto GHS turf. Should you have any issues with this we would be grateful if you would write to our secretary, Chuckles, who will arrange a meeting where we will hear your formal complaint. 

Prowed to be a sag

Best regards

Bazza

I don't know anything about marketing, but I would guess that most companies use an agency and give them a budget, once the poster has been approved, the agency then places ads where they'll have the biggest impact factor.

Mostly in areas with City fans, but equally areas with few City fans but are on busy enough routes that people will see them, such as Gloucester Road.

Don't imagine the people at the ad agency thought too long and hard about where Rovers play, given the stadiums are sitting dormant.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I don't know anything about marketing, but I would guess that most companies use an agency and give them a budget, once the poster has been approved, the agency then places ads where they'll have the biggest impact factor.

Mostly in areas with City fans, but equally areas with few City fans but are on busy enough routes that people will see them, such as Gloucester Road.

Don't imagine the people at the ad agency thought too long and hard about where Rovers play, given the stadiums are sitting dormant.

That's actually my job, I am a media planner. To be fair it would probably of been a generic buy across Bristol with Clear Channel who own the bus advertising space rather than picking specific I expect. 

If there were only a few then I'd of said it was hand picked but it sounds like they are all over Bristol. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

That's actually my job, I am a media planner. To be fair it would probably of been a generic buy across Bristol with Clear Channel who own the bus advertising space rather than picking specific I expect. 

If there were only a few then I'd of said it was hand picked but it sounds like they are all over Bristol. 

So was I pretty close with my guesstimate of how the process works?

Only asking, just in case I need to retrain! #Politics

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

So was I pretty close with my guesstimate of how the process works?

Only asking, just in case I need to retrain! #Politics

If you're going to retrain then I'll say it's so much more complex than that ? 

Pretty much spot on all joking aside. Just be looking at the total impacts for the sites, but shall be bought in a generic pack rather than paying extra for specific sites. 

3 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

They are playing Lincoln today; that looks like yet another defeat for Ben Groaner.

The 15ers will have forgotten all about these adverts by 5.00 pm as once again they call for his head.

(not really though, because they never do that, only us “gert shidheads” do that)

?

I doubt they'll want to get rid of him just yet... 

He's (statistically} due another win before they hit the half season mark, so they aren't going to want to pass that up. 

Well done Mansion Bet, there’s some mileage in this one.

In recognition of the complaint, we need to replace that with ‘ There’s only three teams in Bristol’ adding photos of City, the Bears and Flyers. 

Wind them in, it doesn’t take much to capture the simpleton Sags. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Selred said:

If you're going to retrain then I'll say it's so much more complex than that ? 

Pretty much spot on all joking aside. Just be looking at the total impacts for the sites, but shall be bought in a generic pack rather than paying extra for specific sites. 

Now City know where to place any further advertising campaigns. The 'free' online advertising by gas outrage alone must generate some publicity. 

Good work sags.