IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Seriously....... Garner manager of the week! Another open top bus tour will surely follow......

5FAF4AAC-3562-47C7-B671-6D1237944837.jpeg

It was a very good result, against a team that had won all their games up to that point (obviously with the help of the mandatory penalty & sending off) but I'd be to embarrassed to receive Manager of anything having just won only my 4th game this year..! 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was a very good result, against a team that had won all their games up to that point (obviously with the help of the mandatory penalty & sending off) but I'd be to embarrassed to receive Manager of anything having just won only my 4th game this year..! 

Sympathy vote, innit.

Like the fat kid at school sports day who gets a certificate for 'effort'.

The fact most of his efforts seemed to be shovelling cake and attempting early onset of diabetes is irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sympathy vote, innit.

Like the fat kid at school sports day who gets a certificate for 'effort'.

The fact most of his efforts seemed to be shovelling cake and attempting early onset of diabetes is irrelevant.

So it's no coincidence that my school sports day certificate for effort, has chocolate finger prints all over it..?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's the attention to detail that's helped Garner get this award. Things like paying attention to the length of the grass on the pitch. Not because it aids his teams passing but so that he can warn his players how likely they are to hurt themselves as they tumble to the ground all over the pitch. 

2 hours ago, RedEd73 said:

Seriously....... Garner manager of the week! Another open top bus tour will surely follow......

5FAF4AAC-3562-47C7-B671-6D1237944837.jpeg

The media and Rovers excitement over the club’s form is ignoring a basic fault. Rovers have played 5 league games and only scored 6 goals. Three of them have been penalties, so it’s only 3 goals from open play in 5 matches. Unless Garner can keep the penalties flowing that’s going to be relegation form. I’d vote for him as manager of the month on that basis 

• Haha 1

• Admin
3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Rovers seem to have a hoodoo over Lincoln, they always do well against them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Rovers seem to have a hoodoo over Lincoln, they always do well against them

Not always!  I think it was after the play-off game - a group of Gasheads were walking up a lane near the ground, and an old lady stepped out of her back gate and belted one of them around the head with a frying pan.  Has to be one of the strangest "weapons" used in fv. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

Not always!  I think it was after the play-off game - a group of Gasheads were walking up a lane near the ground, and an old lady stepped out of her back gate and belted one of them around the head with a frying pan.  Has to be one of the strangest "weapons" used in fv. 

I approve!! Having been brought up on a Council Estate I once witnessed an old girl chase the local Tory MP down the hill armed with a frying pan....one of the funniest sights I've ever seen

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

That's a very long article that, which includes a lot of brown nosing of Wally and provides sod all new information. Typical Post article really!

I read the first three or so paragraphs and started losing focus.  This article is crying out for the professional services of @BigTone I suspect............?

8 hours ago, In the Net said:

Good job she wasn't with her grandchildren or she may have received a damn good fondling..! 

12 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

It's the attention to detail that's helped Garner get this award. Things like paying attention to the length of the grass on the pitch. Not because it aids his teams passing but so that he can warn his players how likely they are to hurt themselves as they tumble to the ground all over the pitch. 

They're probably still finding horse shit on the pitch and trying to avoid the slip ups.

On 12/10/2020 at 21:07, Rudolf Hucker said:

The article was written on 23 June 2020 by James Piercy, the Post’s sports editor and claims to have received 189K ‘likes’, unless I’m reading it incorrectly. It seems that delusion is not confined to the 15ers. 

The article states “It’s impossible to pinpoint exactly when a deal will be "done" in the formal business sense but a more realistic timeline would appear August, at the earliest.” thus I think that it’s merely a reprint of an earlier article which contained a complete load of bollocks that has never come to pass. 

Well, he was right.

August at the earliest - but could be June 2025, or more likely not at all.

Absolutely no way they will get a stadium on that site plus housing, plus giving AlQadi a slice of the cake.

So the new ground is a dead duck, the training ground is a tip and the current ground resembles a 1050s camp site.  As for the current squad, it looks non league and the manager has won 3 games in god knows how many.  The Chairman is a fraud with a nice watch who is more interested in Chelsea' they were losing thousands of £ a week even before the pandemic and the unwashed, contaminated virus spreading fans (sorry, rabble) number around 7,000 at best.

That about sums up their current plight.

The sprinklers may be championship ready, but everything else looks like somewhere between non-league or extinction.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So the new ground is a dead duck, the training ground is a tip and the current ground resembles a 1050s camp site.  As for the current squad, it looks non league and the manager has won 3 games in god knows how many.  The Chairman is a fraud with a nice watch who is more interested in Chelsea' they were losing thousands of £ a week even before the pandemic and the unwashed, contaminated virus spreading fans (sorry, rabble) number around 7,000 at best. And they they still think they can laugh at us.

That about sums up their current plight.

The sprinklers may be championship ready, but everything else looks like somewhere between non-league or extinction.

Added to that for you.

• Haha 1

This loan to shares thing really doesn't make any difference at all, as the person owning those shares has his debt covered by the assets. What it does to the share value as I understand it, is reduce it. That doesn't matter either, if you own them all but, if you only own say 8%, like the supporters club do, then it reduces their value and influence, even if they had no influence on decision making. So, he could increase the shares by 100% and the supporters shares would then be worth only 4% of their current value. That's how I understand it and what has happened at AG over the years. Only benefit to the supporters shares would be if their value increased along with the issue. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but be gentle.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

This loan to shares thing really doesn't make any difference at all, as the person owning those shares has his debt covered by the assets.

Only if the assets are worth more than all debt, especially preferential...... Not sure this is the case at The House Of Tents.

Remember loans MUST have a repayment schedule, including end term (else they aren't loans.) One of the main reasons for converting loan to stock is when there are 'obstacles' in taking out replacement loans. Another option, as with Mr Lansdown, is it's a mechanism to ensure any 'investment' (sic) may eventually be 'written off'.