IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I have to be honest, I’ve never heard of any of these.

I remember a time when i and many other City fans could name all of the Sags team, how times have changed!

60D20D7D-DC0B-4365-96CD-C92179C4A7D7.jpeg

Barry Grant ex Brookside?

Elmer Fudd

Daniolla Westbrook  ex Eastenders 

Tom Daly diver

Mike Baldwin ex Corrie 

5 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I have to be honest, I’ve never heard of any of these.

I remember a time when i and many other City fans could name all of the Sags team, how times have changed!

60D20D7D-DC0B-4365-96CD-C92179C4A7D7.jpeg

Jack Nicholson? Owen Hargreaves? Matthew Upson? Dusty Hare? Alec Baldwin?

#starstudded

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

One belter on slagchat reckons they`d have beaten Burton if they`d had a full stadium roaring them on.

Full? Roaring? When`s that ever happened? 1958?

Let's look at Ben Garners record between January-March and see if that claim sounds valid...?! 

Just checked their stats and their 50% possession and 2 shots on target really make it sound like all they needed was a fictitious full house, roaring them on rather than booing and calling for Garners head. 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TomF said:

Still without a win in 2020 that’s not come about due to red card or penalty

True, but think that was their first point of the season without either a penalty or an opposition sending off.

They’re coming for us...

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

One belter on slagchat reckons they`d have beaten Burton if they`d had a full stadium roaring them on.

Something seriously wrong with their mentality if they need a 'roaring' crowd to see them home against the might of Burton Albion.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

September 6, 1954
Liverpool make four changes for their game with Bristol Rovers, at Bristol, this evening, for which they only left Liverpool this morning, so that they will have had close on seven hours train journey before taking the field.

As Hughes is fit and returns to centre half, Twentyman resumes his normal left half berth. Arnell tales over at centre forward from Louis Bimpson, who received an eye injury on Saturday, and Anderson fills the vacancy thus created at inside right. Anderson had 13 senior appearances last season, scoring five goals.

Bristol Rovers have made a good start this season under their flamboyant young manager BJ Tann. At home they have defeated Port Vale and Derby County and drawn with Birmingham City. Seven of their nine goals have been scored by Geoff Bradford, the player for whom Liverpool made a big offer a year ago. He got a single in each of the four opening games, and a hat-trick against Derby on Saturday.

Despite playing in less than half his club’s matches due to a broken leg. Bradford topped the Rovers’ marksmen last winter with 21 goals in 18 outings, getting at hat-tricks on five occasions. Half of his games were at inside right, as he only took over the leadership when Vic Lambden was dropped.

A stalwart defence.
So far, this campaign, the Rovers have made only one change in their side. Paddy Hale, a former reserve centre half, having had outings at inside right. The defence is the same as that which played almost unchanged throughout last season, when the first six men on the team sheet missed a total of only 18 games between them.

Ray Warren, captain and centre half, is now in his 21st season at the Eastville Stadium, and from all accounts is playing as well as ever, though, possibly a little more inclined to use his head to save his legs.

On the basis of what we have seen of Liverpool thus far, their prospects of victory to-night look remote unless they pull out something very much better than in any previous game. A displays no better than that against West Ham is unlikely to bring a point never mind two. But we can still hope.

Match: Football League, Second Division, at Eastville Stadium, kick-off: 18:15.
Bristol Rovers – Liverpool 3-0 (2-0).
Attendance: 25,574.
Bristol Rovers (2-3-5): Howard Radford, Harry Bamford, Les Edwards, Jackie Pitt, Ray Warren, Peter Sampson, George Petherbridge, Paddy Hale, Geoff Bradford, Bill Roost, Peter Hooper.
Liverpool (2-3-5): Dave Underwood, Tom McNulty, Frank Lock, Barry Wilkinson, Laurie Hughes, Geoff Twentyman, Jimmy Payne, Eric Anderson, Alan Arnell, John Evans, Billy Liddell.
The goals: 1-0 Bradford (40 min.), 2-0 Bradford (42 min.), 3-0 Bradford (85 min.).

1 hour ago, pommers1965 said:

One of them finally plucked up the courage to post about it ?

Mixture of a few sensible replies mixed with sheer bitterness. Does any other fanbase in the country take comfort from their rivals laughing at them for being shit? 
I expect a few of them have been busy writing emails of complaint over the weekend.

Whinging maggots.