IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Rovers have started to use the magnificent new training ground at Almondsbury and Mr Al-Quidi has just announced through his Instagram account (36 million devotees) that it is to be named “The Quarter”.

I understand this is because only a quarter of it will ever be finished.

When did they start this 'magnificent' one Bert? I've seen the assortment of plastic sheds they were going to use but the adjective 'magnificent'? :dunno:

6 hours ago, bert tann said:

Rovers have started to use the magnificent new training ground at Almondsbury and Mr Al-Quidi has just announced through his Instagram account (36 million devotees) that it is to be named “The Quarter”.

Maybe the ‘quarter’ equates to how far he has got on his go fund me page :ph34r:

6 hours ago, bert tann said:

This would be the training ground that wasn’t going to be completed, because we were negotiating an extension to the lease at our previous base? The name is “The Quarters” by the way. I’m surprised a committed Rovers fan like yourself didn’t know that. ?

1 minute ago, TomF said:

When you look at the top end of L1 table wise you wonder if they’ll finish in the top half. Seriously tough division this year 

Five points off sixth and the same off the bottom four. The epitome of mid-table mediocrity which is disappointing. We need Mr Garner to start working his magic again - hopefully today is a start.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

When you look at the top end of L1 table wise you wonder if they’ll finish in the top half. Seriously tough division this year 

I think it shows how much of a gap  there is between the championship & league 1 Now . Most teams that go up struggle , as we did for a couple of seasons . 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I think it shows how much of a gap  there is between the championship & league 1 Now . Most teams that go up struggle , as we did for a couple of seasons . 

Wycombe are certainly taking their time to adjust.

That said, I did have a look at their match day thread, and one of them claimed one of their players has 'Championship standard instinct'.

Add that to the sprinklers and they are almost there.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, daored said:

@weeblecan’t believe you lost the ‘Windass Derby’ 

There are very few benefits of the current pandemic... but one I can think of for Hull fans is none of them will tonight be subjected to being cornered in the pub by a dribbling fewer pretending to be a all chummy because Hull City once beat us 1-0 in a game which the Gas could only dream of playing in (their favourite ever result). 

No doubt this would inevitably followed by "so you prefer us to them Gert teds right?"

Edited by cityal
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not going places or building something special tonight then (although it could be argued The Theatre of Tents is special in its own way).

Loved it a couple of seasons ago on Twitter the Bolton fans where so horrified by the state of it, where Referring it to Chernobyl! ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Is it..? 

Accrington, Lincoln, Plymouth,Doncaster (United), AFC Wimbledon, Fleetwood, 1 newly relegated side (Hull) and few others who failed to get promoted from that division last season. 

Are you sure you're not falling into their mindset of thinking teams are good because they have stadiums that used to house the attendances from when they weren't shite..?!