IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Little snippet taken from BP from earlier this week....

Monday's training session will be held in the early afternoon, but the club – which has security staff on site – has urged supporters to stay away to protect the players' bubble.

They actually put security on site at their new ‘training ground’ just incase any of their dribbling moron followers showed up wanting to catch a glimpse of a couple of pitches and the physio’s portacabin ???

Now here’s a proper training ground (that is actually being completed) 

Enjoy Sags

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/new-training-ground-flying-along/

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Little snippet taken from BP from earlier this week....

Monday's training session will be held in the early afternoon, but the club – which has security staff on site – has urged supporters to stay away to protect the players' bubble.

They actually put security on site at their new ‘training ground’ just incase any of their dribbling moron followers showed up wanting to catch a glimpse of a couple of pitches and the physio’s portacabin ???

Now here’s a proper training ground (that is actually being completed) 

Enjoy Sags

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/new-training-ground-flying-along/

Also hoping to catch a glimpse of their STAR PLAYERS and MARQUE singins 

13 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Anyone else notice that the former Sag manager Cockman has been sacked at Mansfield? Won just 4 games out of 27. What with Garnerball only winning about the same amount - they really do have a reputation for appointing shit managers.

Long may that continue! #mindthegap #readtheleaflet #freebet #mansionbet

thats not quite right BR, it is actually a perfect fit with regards the quality of their managers. all their managers are quite good at keeping shit shit,and if it aint shit,they soon turn it into,...well, just shit

18 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Well this just popped up on my FB page......I’m sure it will grind the gears of gasheads I’m going to share it with ?

EB8465AB-F5F8-4A0C-88CA-87F6C40AE87F.jpeg

How dare they only Label ‘da famous quarterz’ as a Classic.

Ask any Sag and they’ll swear blind that their kit is ‘Unique’.

20 hours ago, TomF said:

UWE with todays piss boiling antics for our friends over the river - the stadium site at UWE is to become a car park.

stadium.PNG

Cue several sags writing to Bristol City Council claiming that they “never” get any help from them & that they “always” help us..

On 31/10/2020 at 02:48, ForeverRed said:

Living in Bradley Stoke, this little beauty dropped through my letterbox this morning. The penultimate paragraph is hilarious!!

I've just posted the second page 

Mansion Bet.jpg

“Although it’s almost two decades since the blue few were above us in the League...”

Hahahahaha Brilliant ?

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

“Although it’s almost two decades since the blue few were above us in the League...”

Hahahahaha Brilliant ?

We need to produce a lexicon of fewer terms and when they were first used.

(As per my hearing today that OMG was first used in a letter from John Fisher to Winston Churchill in 1917)

On 31/10/2020 at 02:48, ForeverRed said:

Living in Bradley Stoke, this little beauty dropped through my letterbox this morning. The penultimate paragraph is hilarious!!

I've just posted the second page 

Mansion Bet.jpg

Using gambling addictions now as there excuse to hide behind for there anger

Bristol Rovers - Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything 

This may not be the popular view but Mansion Bet seem to me to be the most tinpot sponsor we've ever had. I love winding up the Fewers I know as much as the next person but personally I don't see the point in dropping leaflets through letter boxes in North Bristol that can easily be taken as inflammatory by the less emotionally stable Gappers and are, in reality, just childish gloating by Mansion Bet on our behalf which lacks class and isn't needed when the facts speak for themselves anyway. Add in the ridiculous radio adverts with the detestable "fake" Bristolian accents.......just employ a Bristolian to read the script you total bellends. I would 100% bin any association with them as soon as possible...........but presumably all of their actions are clearly endorsed by the clowns we have running our shitshow.

Won't get many agreeing with me but that's my take on it.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This may not be the popular view but Mansion Bet seem to me to be the most tinpot sponsor we've ever had. I love winding up the Fewers I know as much as the next person but personally I don't see the point in dropping leaflets through letter boxes in North Bristol that can easily be taken as inflammatory by the less emotionally stable Gappers and are, in reality, just childish gloating by Mansion Bet on our behalf which lacks class and isn't needed when the facts speak for themselves anyway. Add in the ridiculous radio adverts with the detestable "fake" Bristolian accents.......just employ a Bristolian to read the script you total bellends. I would 100% bin any association with them as soon as possible...........but presumably all of their actions are clearly endorsed by the clowns we have running our shitshow.

I live in Little Stoke (so North Bristol), lots of City here mate and loads on bus stops all the way in on match days. 

I would humbly suggest, North Bristol is now RED!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I live in Little Stoke (so North Bristol), lots of City here mate and loads on bus stops all the way in on match days. 

I would humbly suggest, North Bristol is now RED!

You will know that better than me. I still think Mansion Bet are tinpot with this "campaign" endorsed by the likes of Ashton and Junior which makes them just as tinpot!!

Edited by Numero Uno

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree with you , I think our club should be looking into better communication with their own fanbase rather than ‘winding up’ the blue few. We comment on them being ‘tinpot’ but these leaflets are. It doesn’t paint us in a good light in my opinion. Use the marketing as a way to increase fan base. I have no objection to the bus stop adverts but an advert which has been signed off by our club is childish 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, daored said:

I agree with you , I think our club should be looking into better communication with their own fanbase rather than ‘winding up’ the blue few. We comment on them being ‘tinpot’ but these leaflets are. It doesn’t paint us in a good light in my opinion. Use the marketing as a way to increase fan base. I have no objection to the bus stop adverts but an advert which has been signed off by our club is childish 

The highlighted bit sums it up for me. If I'm honest this would appear to be something sanctioned by Junior, I could be wrong, but whoever it was that sanctioned it at Board Room level clearly isn't up to the job of running a professional football club at this moment in time............although that's not exactly breaking news tbf. We saw what our "Senior Leadership Team" had in their locker a few months back!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

On the basis of what evidence?

Opinion based upon previous childish Twitter activity which could, of course, be wrong. Which is why I used the word APPEAR...........I'm sure you have enough about you to understand that. Whoever sanctioned it, whether Junior or someone else, was silly and certainly not fit to run a football club professionally just now in my view. It's about as childish as you can get from a professional football club. Leave rivalry and wind-ups to the fans.......who do it far better anyway.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The highlighted bit sums it up for me. If I'm honest this would appear to be something sanctioned by Junior, I could be wrong, but whoever it was that sanctioned it at Board Room level clearly isn't up to the job of running a professional football club at this moment in time............although that's not exactly breaking news tbf. We saw what our "Senior Leadership Team" had in their locker a few months back!!

Would this not solely be down to Mansion Bet?

Obviously they are using us to promote their business, but I'm not sure our club would have had much if any involvement in another businesses ad campaign

I do wonder if Mansion Bet are doing similar campaigns in areas around where they sponsor other sides?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Would this not solely be down to Mansion Bet?

Obviously they are using us to promote their business, but I'm not sure our club would have had much if any involvement in another businesses ad campaign

I do wonder if Mansion Bet are doing similar campaigns in areas around where they sponsor other sides?

I would expect the club to have a say in the Mansion Bet advertising campaign as the vast majority of the material being used is club owned copyright and image rights for a start.

44 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Whoever sanctioned it, whether Junior or someone else, was silly and certainly not fit to run a football club professionally just now in my view. It's about as childish as you can get from a professional football club. Leave rivalry and wind-ups to the fans.......who do it far better anyway.

Surely any wind up of them is worth it. Strange that you are complaining !

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Disagree. Wind-ups are for the fans (such as this very thread) not for the club or it's business partners to get involved in...........in my opinion obviously!!

Did you say that when we signed Matty Taylor, and Johnson said "It'll be a big setup in standard for him"? That was a classic wind up.

That was a great day btw

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Did you say that when we signed Matty Taylor, and Johnson said "It'll be a big setup in standard for him"? That was a classic wind up.

That was a great day btw

A throw away comment like that is one thing and that's fine for me. I thought the Bus Stop ads in Horfield were probably right on the edge of acceptable although I'm not sure I would have bothered myself. Leaflets posted through people's doors with banter you have to think has been sanctioned by the club included...........would be better if the club stayed out of that type of thing I reckon.

I don’t bet, never have, never will.

I put loads of stuff like this, pizza delivery flyers too, straight in to the recycling.

I think the likelihood of some gashead who bleats to Bristol Live about it (yet says they are a problem gambler) actually using this company is remote.

There is a wider debate to be had about the betting industry in football, but also one about teams being owned by regimes with horrendous human rights records, Chinese influence & Russian Chairman who have stolen massive sums from their homeland then taken up residence in the UK, too.

I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

A throw away comment like that is one thing and that's fine for me. I thought the Bus Stop ads in Horfield were probably right on the edge of acceptable although I'm not sure I would have bothered myself. Leaflets posted through people's doors with banter you have to think has been sanctioned by the club included...........would be better if the club stayed out of that type of thing I reckon.

To me it looks like the sort marketing and humour you would expect from Paddy Power. Maybe Mansionbet are trying to copy them?

We don’t know exactly what the club have ‘sanctioned’, it’s possible they were asked and said “yeah fine with us”, they may not have been told the exact content (may have just been described as ‘light banter that would appeal to our target audience) or they may have had no involvement whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Opinion based upon previous childish Twitter activity which could, of course, be wrong. Which is why I used the word APPEAR...........I'm sure you have enough about you to understand that. Whoever sanctioned it, whether Junior or someone else, was silly and certainly not fit to run a football club professionally just now in my view. It's about as childish as you can get from a professional football club. Leave rivalry and wind-ups to the fans.......who do it far better anyway.

Sorry, but you say that JL is childish in making some of his tweets, then resort to calling him Junior. 

• Like 5