IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Part of me thinks that given the circumstances Cotterill left us in, he’d be interested in the opportunity to get Rovers promoted and stick two fingers up to Lansdown. If he does go there, I think I will bet on him getting them promoted next season. 

Edited by SuperRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Bit late - but bloody hell the keeping on that first goal...

He’s their second choice keeper and in all honesty doesn’t look like he’s up to  EFL football at any level. The third goal wasn’t great either. So that’s money the new Manager will have to spend in January. Let’s hope the “proper” keeper gets suspended for a while (don’t wish injuries on anyone) cos with Von Flapperhoff between the sticks on a regular basis they are doomed!!

3 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Part of me thinks that given the circumstances Cotterill left us in, he’d be interested in the opportunity to get Rovers promoted and stick two fingers up to Lansdown. If he does go there, I think I will bet on him getting them promoted next season. 

It can be done on a budget but think of the squad Cotterill assembled to get us up, the cost, the wages etc. then ask where the money is coming from for that based on Rovers FFP limit.......

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

They really are unbelievable. Their last bloke was a chap who’d never had a managers job before!

And NEVER played professionally either.

Good luck motivating a group of players who against all odds, managed to get a pro contract.

Wenger met with similar challenges when he first went to Arsenal, 'show us your medals' was the general feeling, so he showed a few of them the door, then started to work with the remaining players and proved his methods works.

I expect Tisdale, out of work and local. 

Rovers won't pay for Duff or Flynn they don't have enough money for compensation as they've not been able to sell their flat Fanta this season. 

I don't think Cotts or LJ would go near them given their connection to us. I think they'll go for Robbie Fowler or keep it cheap and go for their head of recruitment who is caretaker. 

In an non related note you can't blame the weather much on the first and third goal what was he doing? 

Ben:

You're always running here and there (here and there)

You feel you're not wanted over there (over there)

If you ever look behind (that grotto)

And don't like what you find (do not touch, or pick it up)

There's something you should know 

You've got a place to go

And that place is AG and OTIBs. 

Ben:

Most Few people would turn you away (you away)

We don't listen to a word they say (it's all LIES and bullsh1t)

They don't see you as we do (one win in twenty two)

We wish they would try to

We're sure you'd win again (they'd think again)

If they had a coach like Ben,

You are a one (win; given a penalty and/or a red card for the opposition) in ten,

You've got a friend in us.

We love you, Ben. Not "let's sleep in the same bed" love, just .... you know .....

42 minutes ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Bit late - but bloody hell the keeping on that first goal...

I saw him in one of his other games & he kept diving after the ball had already gone in.

He’s clearly ******* awful, apparently their first choice (away on international duty with Finland as their 3rd choice) has saved them from a few hammerings this season.

Edited by GrahamC

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Ben:

You're always running here and there (here and there)

You feel you're not wanted over there (over there)

If you ever look behind (that grotto)

And don't like what you find (do not touch, or pick it up)

There's something you should know 

You've got a place to go

And that place is AG and OTIBs. 

Ben:

Most Few people would turn you away (you away)

We don't listen to a word they say (it's all LIES and bullsh1t)

They don't see you as we do (one win in twenty two)

We wish they would try to

We're sure you'd win again (they'd think again)

If they had a coach like Ben,

You are a one (win; given a penalty and/or a red card for the opposition) in ten,

You've got a friend in us.

We love you, Ben. Not "let's sleep in the same bed" love, just .... you know .....

Very harsh to compare the great Ben Garner to a rat, he's the best thing to be connected to rovers in many a year... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I saw him in one of his other games & he kept diving after the ball had already gone in.

He’s clearly ******* awful, apparently their first choice (away on international duty with Finland as their 3rd choice) has saved them a few hammerings this season.

And that’s the thing with the Fewers who think waving a magic wand at it will work. A new Manager will come in, especially a good one, will look at half the squad and say I’ve got to get rid of these and replace if you want me to finish top 6...........that’s the point that Wael was last seen running down the Gloucester Road trying to hail a taxi for the airport.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

And that’s the thing with the Fewers who think waving a magic wand at it will work. A new Manager will come in, especially a good one, will look at half the squad and say I’ve got to get rid of these and replace if you want me to finish top 6...........that’s the point that Wael was last seen running down the Gloucester Road trying to hail a taxi for the airport.

But surely the sixth richest owner in the county will back his manager ?