IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The new man whoever it is will be cheap. Either an unknown, an ex player or someone from non-league. How much would it cost to get Beadle from Barnet? 

Tbf, you’d think he’d come cheap as all he’d ask for would be a greggs open tab.

However, that could end up being verrry expensive:

CAD53547-15C6-4F7E-9873-BA981A730E60.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Cotterill could be a fantastic appointment for them. Granted, they don't have the budget or pulling power that we do, but if they want someone local who can turn them into a comfortable top half (possibly more) side - that's who they should look at.

They couldn't afford him and I'd be amazed if he considered it for even a few seconds.

He's better than that imo.

Listen to this utter chopstick:

Very flattering scoreline for the cheats, in atrocious conditions.  I still see potential in our players, but its harder when ref falls for their cheating dives, especially the pen, which was comical...but nothing less than expected from ched. On the plus side, our goal was the best of the game & well worked.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

With their history of doing things on the cheap , they are suggesting ‘ Pail ‘ Cook not ‘Paul ‘ Cook .

They are well reknowned for their exceptionally out of date catering - maybe it’s THE Cook? 

1 hour ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Bit late - but bloody hell the keeping on that first goal...

Ha ha. 
That keeper is 6 feet 7 inches. 
How does a bloke that tall get lobbed from 30 yards when he’s pretty much on his line. 
What a hero ?

• Like 1

Couldn’t help but look at the pikeys forum...

I’m crying at this.

Just waiting for Steve Cotterill to be linked with it like he always is.

I’d take Johnson over that nauseating man. His record isn’t great and reminds me of GC with his abrasive attitude. 
Anyway there must be better candidates out there, perhaps pick someone who has played the game properly before.

No way LJ will go there. When we sacked him he had ages left on his contract that we have to keep paying him while he’s not working (most likely). He’d have to take a huge pay cut to go there. His methods involve huge spending on facilities, infrastructure and tech etc. 

Cotts may go for it but when he was with us he bought the best players in the league, then in the Championship he wanted to spend huge sums (anyone remember the Dwight Gayle saga?). I doubt Wael can afford his wages never mind assemble the sort of squad SC would want. The last thing he wants on his CV is a few years of mediocrity at that level. 

They’ll end up with a bloke most of us have never heard of but they’ll see as the new messiah after getting some obscure team promoted in the non-league a few years back.

They’re in for a long and difficult season.

30 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Well i know its been 20 years, but growing up, the games against rovers with the likes of penrice, holloway, devon white etc etc were like going to war, it would be great for the next generation of city fans to have their donowa moment, but its just not going To happen. They are an embarrassment.

I fear those Derby matches may never return. One can only hope one of the domestic cups reignites the interest. As 20 years pass since they were ever able to consider themselves to be on a par we have just gone on to a different level and tbh I just think of them in the same light as FGR, Cheltenham & Exeter 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

No way LJ will go there. When we sacked him he had ages left on his contract that we have to keep paying him while he’s not working (most likely). He’d have to take a huge pay cut to go there. His methods involve huge spending on facilities, infrastructure and tech etc. 

Cotts may go for it but when he was with us he bought the best players in the league, then in the Championship he wanted to spend huge sums (anyone remember the Dwight Gayle saga?). I doubt Wael can afford his wages never mind assemble the sort of squad SC would want. The last thing he wants on his CV is a few years of mediocrity at that level. 

They’ll end up with a bloke most of us have never heard of but they’ll see as the new messiah after getting some obscure team promoted in the non-league a few years back.

They’re in for a long and difficult season.

Agree, it will be another unknown who will be cheap although I wouldn’t be surprised if Marcus Stewart ended up back there 

I can see them being in serious trouble cone the New Year, bottom 4, Wael burning money he doesn’t have and no one to bail him out 

Relegation and even administration looms  

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I fear those Derby matches may never return. One can only hope one of the domestic cups reignites the interest. As 20 years pass since they were ever able to consider themselves to be on a par we have just gone on to a different level and tbh I just think of them in the same light as FGR, Cheltenham & Exeter 

Speak for yourself !

• Like 5

OMG, for anyone saying that Steve 'the Legend' Cotterill would ever go to the SAGS, give your head a w:laugh:bble.

SC gave us one of the best seasons we ever had.

SC would never ever go to the SAGS as he would lose that mantle. We love him (well I do :laugh:)

SC does not need the money (not that that SAGS could get within a Tilson of what SC would ask for anyway)

SC will get back into Management but it will have to be something that floats his boat, not just anything.