IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, INCRED said:

I fear those Derby matches may never return. One can only hope one of the domestic cups reignites the interest. As 20 years pass since they were ever able to consider themselves to be on a par we have just gone on to a different level and tbh I just think of them in the same light as FGR, Cheltenham & Exeter 

I hope they never return. The sooner that crock of shyte cease to exist the better. They are a like a pile of dog shit on a beautiful lawn.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

SC was linked before when Hamer or Hamster was at rovers. And rovers turned him down for the clown they just sacked after letting him sign all those players. So I if I was SC I would tell them to **** off if they come crawling back . 

Let’s face it whoever takes the job as ring master at this circus isn’t going to succeed. 

They will only attract someone really desperate or someone deluded and not too bright , either way a recipe for ‘ success ‘ 

:rofl2br:

• Hmmm 1

Some numpty has mentioned John Terry , the reason bring their link with Chelsea and Wally once bumped into him 

turbo8818
Youth Team
2 hours ago
gasandelectricity likes this
Does anyone think it’s strange that TW has been given the caretaker role, the man hasn’t managed since DC was a nippy winger instead of giving Hargreaves/Mansell a crack. This leads me to one conclusion that they already have someone in line to take over, otherwise you’d have given those two a go to prove themselves as had happend before. I see John Terry mentioned before could be a shout, has been serving his apprenticeship well at Villa and would fit with our unofficial link with Chelsea. Stranger things have happend
  • Haha 13

11 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Their unofficial link with Chelsea? Unofficial as in non existent?

It`s like our unofficial link with Barcelona in that we look at them and think `we ought to do things like that`.

Just remind me, how many good young players has this `link` with Chelsea provided over the years compared to the ones we`ve had from them?

I think that their deluded followers believe that they almost signed Tammy though and couldn`t believe he chose us over them so perhaps it does exist.

#dribblingmorons

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I wonder if I can get odds on coco the clown to be the new manager he'd fit right in with that circus. 

Well he has just left Derby, so I think there could be something in that rumour.

19 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Their unofficial link with Chelsea? Unofficial as in non existent?

That's the kiddie. There is no link and you can't get much less official than that, so there's your gaslogic-style proof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sniper said:

OMG, for anyone saying that Steve 'the Legend' Cotterill would ever go to the SAGS, give your head a w:laugh:bble.

SC gave us one of the best seasons we ever had.

SC would never ever go to the SAGS as he would lose that mantle. We love him (well I do :laugh:)

SC does not need the money (not that that SAGS could get within a Tilson of what SC would ask for anyway)

SC will get back into Management but it will have to be something that floats his boat, not just anything.

Why wouldn't he? He is still based in the area, proven at the level, for the right money I'm sure he would think about it. Managers aren't loyal to clubs like fans - sorry to burst your bubble. 

Whether Rovers have the money for him (and the signings he'd want) is a different question. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why wouldn't he? He is still based in the area, proven at the level, for the right money I'm sure he would think about it. Managers aren't loyal to clubs like fans - sorry to burst your bubble. 

Whether Rovers have the money for him (and the signings he'd want) is a different question. 

Spot on.

I am a huge fan of Cotts, but he hasn’t had a managerial post for 2 and a half years.

He will know himself he isn’t going to get offered one at Championship level now, so if he wants to work again, a club in the city where he still lives is as good as he can expect.

One other thing, people conveniently forget that he sold Baldock for £2m in our double winning season, which financed a lot of his brilliant signings, this huge budget stuff (Sheff U’s was far higher for instance & they didn’t go up) is nonsense.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

3B041358-9C06-422B-A3A8-E33162476081.jpeg

• Haha 5

"Pail Cook", John Terry haha haha. 

PAUL Cook is building himself a solid reputation at Championship level after starting out at Southport working within tight budget restraints in the North West. Why would he take a backward career step with the sags?

John Terry is assistant manager at a Premier League club with a large budget to work with. Its a nonsense to think he would give all that up for that shower.

Gaslogic beyond delusional. They have absolutely no idea. They are an absolute joke of a club.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

The point is, where are Rovers going to get a manager who's team play a successful possession based game, with a bunch of bargain bucket signings? 

Who was it, back in the summer, that said in this thread that they were making some astute signings and would be pushing the play off positions?

I just want to know so as to never take any notice of their posts in future. :)

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, daored said:

Some numpty has mentioned John Terry , the reason bring their link with Chelsea and Wally once bumped into him 

turbo8818
Youth Team
2 hours ago
gasandelectricity likes this
Does anyone think it’s strange that TW has been given the caretaker role, the man hasn’t managed since DC was a nippy winger instead of giving Hargreaves/Mansell a crack. This leads me to one conclusion that they already have someone in line to take over, otherwise you’d have given those two a go to prove themselves as had happend before. I see John Terry mentioned before could be a shout, has been serving his apprenticeship well at Villa and would fit with our unofficial link with Chelsea. Stranger things have happend

Even in 2020, I'm not entirely sure that stranger things have happened!

• Like 2

Ben Garner was doomed to be successful when his ambition was to get the Sags playing football, just like Martin Dobson.

They need someone who wants to grow the grass long in the corners, get in a 6ft plus cart horse (as long as they don’t punch him) and go route one all day long.

That way they can hope to hoof their way around League One for an extra season or two before heading off back down towards their rightful home in the Conference where they become AFC Bristol Rovers 1883 (2015) FC

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Ben Garner was doomed to be successful when his ambition was to get the Sags playing football, just like Martin Dobson.

They need someone who wants to grow the grass long in the corners, get in a 6ft plus cart horse (as long as they don’t punch him) and go route one all day long.

That way they can hope to hoof their way around League One for an extra season or two before heading off back down towards their rightful home in the Conference where they become AFC Bristol Rovers 1883 (2015) FC

Harsh.....

But true.

With all the names being banded about on the Rovers forum, they seem to ignore basic facts. First, is the person likely to want the job? With some “out of work” managers they’re not working as a manager because they’ve moved onto other things after a career of nice payoffs when they’ve been sacked. Why give up your nice comfortable life to work at a desperate team? Second some out of work managers, who want a job, have a good track record and they don’t want to ruin it by going to a team like Rovers where success is unlikely. Third, good managers are expensive and Rovers do things on the cheap.

So, what’s left? Experienced managers who are crap but desperate for a job or inexperienced lower league managers or coaches. They struck lucky and got some, by Rovers standards, success with Darrell Clarke and Coughlan  but can they do it again 

Edited by pongo88

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

With all the names being banded about on the Rovers forum, they seem to ignore basic facts. First, is the person likely to want the job? With some “out of work” managers they’re not working as a manager because they’ve moved onto other things after a career of nice payoffs when they’ve been sacked. Why give up your nice comfortable life to work at a desperate team? Second some out of work managers, who want a job, have a good track record and they don’t want to ruin it by going to a team like Rovers where success is unlikely. Third, good managers are expensive and Rovers do things on the cheap.

So, what’s left? Experienced managers who are crap but desperate for a job or inexperienced lower league managers of coaches. They struck lucky and got some, by Rovers standards, success with Darrell Clarke and Coughlan  but can they do it again 

And, once they`ve narrowed it down, they have to show any potential candidates a `stadium` that looks like the Go Outdoors display at the Bath & West Show.

Gonna be a pretty short shortlist by then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2