IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

46 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Ben Garner was doomed to be successful when his ambition was to get the Sags playing football, just like Martin Dobson.

They need someone who wants to grow the grass long in the corners, get in a 6ft plus cart horse (as long as they don’t punch him) and go route one all day long.

That way they can hope to hoof their way around League One for an extra season or two before heading off back down towards their rightful home in the Conference where they become AFC Bristol Rovers 1883 (2015) FC

If you read Slagchat it’s exactly as you describe. They want to ditch the tippy tappy rubbish and play long ball as it’s suited to League 1.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Who was it, back in the summer, that said in this thread that they were making some astute signings and would be pushing the play off positions?

I just want to know so as to never take any notice of their posts in future. :)

Clearly someone with a number of Gas  mates who caved in to their delusion. It’s one thing having Gas mates, quite another to start listening to them....

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Has anyone ever wondered if Notts Forrest have threads on their forum as long as this one all aimed at Notts County? 

If you don’t like it , don’t read it 

we al know you’re a gas sympathiser 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Trump should get the gig - a delusional muppet who every right thinking person despises and makes baseless boasts about thousands of people congregating. Surely a prime candidate...?

Are you certain you've the right name? I thought Reach's Rovers Reporter was called Sam Frost, though in all other respects you're spot on.......

From his utter tripe yesterday about the positive things Garner had done for the club during his tenure. Introduced nutritionists (he needed to what with the amount of comfort eating that's occured during the past year,) strength & conditioning coaches (sure as hell need to be resilient to consistently deliver performances wholly lacking in quality,) and as for deploying analysts, presumably they were scatologists all.

He's cheap, knows sod all about football & preaches tripe to an ever insignificant following. Frost's yet man.......

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Ben:

You're always running here and there (here and there)

You feel you're not wanted over there (over there)

If you ever look behind (that grotto)

And don't like what you find (do not touch, or pick it up)

There's something you should know 

You've got a place to go

And that place is AG and OTIBs. 

Ben:

Most Few people would turn you away (you away)

We don't listen to a word they say (it's all LIES and bullsh1t)

They don't see you as we do (one win in twenty two)

We wish they would try to

We're sure you'd win again (they'd think again)

If they had a coach like Ben,

You are a one (win; given a penalty and/or a red card for the opposition) in ten,

You've got a friend in us.

We love you, Ben. Not "let's sleep in the same bed" love, just .... you know .....

Great effort!

I’ve had a pop too....

Ben, you won’t be blaming refs no more

Now that Wally’s shoved you out the door

No free signings or a loan

Or fans that love to moan

No red cards you will see

Or dodgy penalty 

(Or dodgy penalty)

Ben, that ground looked like a big fun fair

(Big fun fair)

Tents and Lady Gardens everywhere

(Everywhere)

Their fans are one of a kind

As big as West Ham...mind!

But thousands never show

They can’t be arsed to go

(They can’t be arsed to go)

They always say “Woe is me”

Check our score....constantly

They always say “**** City”

Whilst riddled with jealousy 

Ben, the Gas are Tinpot anyway

(Anyway)

Won’t be “Coming for us” any day

(Any day)

They don’t think you had a clue

They’re heading for League Two

Then con-fer-ence again

All the City fans love Ben

(Legend)

Bye Ben

(Legend)

Bye Ben

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If you don’t like it , don’t read it 

we al know you’re a gas sympathiser 

It’s just a simple question Stevie............:cool2:

The Gas are meaningless to me. I very rarely, if ever think about them. It’s only when I come on here that I see they’re still in existence.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Well i know its been 20 years, but growing up, the games against rovers with the likes of penrice, holloway, devon white etc etc were like going to war, it would be great for the next generation of city fans to have their donowa moment, but its just not going To happen. They are an embarrassment.

Nah **** that and **** them!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Gas are meaningless to me. I very rarely, if ever think about them. It’s only when I come on here that I see they’re still in existence.

Yet you still feel the need to comment on something you say you don’t care about . 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Has anyone ever wondered if Notts Forrest have threads on their forum as long as this one all aimed at Notts County? 

It’s not really a thread, it’s more of a sub forum. A neat and tidy place to house Bristol Rovers. A bit like the conference ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So meaningless that you drive a bus for them....

And come to post a question on this thread.

Yeah, meaningless......

• Like 2

@Robbored

They were very happy when Notts County fell out of the League and yes there was a thread about them.

Most Forest fans consider Derby as their main rivals. I know a few Forest fans and they have no real dislike for NCFC, the same cannot be said about their feelings towards Derby.

The other main difference is that compared to the Gas, Notts County are quite professional. Notts County do not drop absolute clangers on a weekly basis. If Rovers weren’t such a bunch of clowns this thread wouldn’t be here. 

Shouldn't really need to explain this but maybe you live under a rock? I don’t know...

Hope this helps.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

To make you happy I’ll post something here that isn’t Rovers related.

It is Nottingham (they never, ever shorten it to Notts, that’s County) Forest, not Forrest.

Every football fan knows this.

I should be surprised by your ignorance but on reflection, I’m not.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

When you drove a bus load of them to Wembley, were you under the impression that it was something else then...? 

48 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

@Robbored

They were very happy when Notts County fell out of the League and yes there was a thread about them.

Most Forest fans consider Derby as their main rivals. I know a few Forest fans and they have no real dislike for NCFC, the same cannot be said about their feelings towards Derby.elps.

As far as I’m concerned Cardiff are our main rivals. They’re the club I like to beat above all others. It used to be Swindon but now, like the gas are no longer serious rivals. That’s my point. 

Each to his own I guess..............:dunno:

• Confused 1