IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Let me put my tuppance worth into the debate. 

We are lucky enough to live in a 2 club city, there aren't that many others,  Nottingham, Stoke, Sheffield, Birmingham and Liverpool spring to mind. 

So, unlike the Southampton/Pompey or Ipswich/Norwich rivalry for example, we only have one true rival and that is R*vers & they are right on our doorstep. 

Swindon, Newport, Plymouth etc all come and go and Cardiff gets a bit tasty with the whole England/Wales thing, but R*vers and only R*vers are our only bitter rivals. 

I rest my case 

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'm not so sure. I think he knows exactly what he's doing, which makes it worse.

It's actually quite tragic in a way.

Its actually pathetic for a retired adult to be so desperate for attention that they take up trolling a message board.

Not only that, but someone who worked in mental health as well.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

@Robbored

They were very happy when Notts County fell out of the League and yes there was a thread about them.

Most Forest fans consider Derby as their main rivals. I know a few Forest fans and they have no real dislike for NCFC, the same cannot be said about their feelings towards Derby.

The other main difference is that compared to the Gas, Notts County are quite professional. Notts County do not drop absolute clangers on a weekly basis. If Rovers weren’t such a bunch of clowns this thread wouldn’t be here. 

Shouldn't really need to explain this but maybe you live under a rock? I don’t know...

Hope this helps.

And I doubt Notts County have ever tried to steal Forests ground. Unlike the Cuckoo's in 1982. I'll never ever forget that.

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Let me put my tuppance worth into the debate. 

We are lucky enough to live in a 2 club city, there aren't that many others,  Nottingham, Stoke, Sheffield, Birmingham and Liverpool spring to mind. 

So, unlike the Southampton/Pompey or Ipswich/Norwich rivalry for example, we only have one true rival and that is R*vers & they are right on our doorstep. 

Swindon, Newport, Plymouth etc all come and go and Cardiff gets a bit tasty with the whole England/Wales thing, but R*vers and only R*vers are our only bitter rivals. 

I rest my case 

How would Manchester and London slip your mind..? 

Sadly (not really) Rovers only rivalry to us has been by location for the past 20 years. 

In no other way have they even so much as ruffled out feathers in that time and had they not kept us amused with their constant embarrassing themselves, we'd probably have forgotton they even exist..! 

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

****ing hell. Darren sounded on the verge of suicide every time he was interviewed at Yeovil. Asking him to manage Rovers in a pandemic at what with all the tents could double for a field hospital may just finish him off.

During post match interviews Way used to amuse us when driving back after a game at AG. Poor guy could barely string a sentence together.

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

****ing hell. Darren sounded on the verge of suicide every time he was interviewed at Yeovil. Asking him to manage Rovers in a pandemic at what with all the tents could double for a field hospital may just finish him off.

It`s a non starter anyway IMO. He`s manager of the U18s at Plymouth so is probably on vastly more money than Wally could offer.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

He was, finished his career.

In fairness, I believe Robbo was implying he listened to Darren on the radio in the car as opposed to Darren boring him witless in the vehicle itself.

Yep, whoever was driving we always listen to RB on the way back to Nailsea, Darren Way was then at Yeovil so was frequently interviewed.

I wasn’t aware that he’d been involved in a car accident p.

38 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How would Manchester and London slip your mind..? 

Sadly (not really) Rovers only rivalry to us has been by location for the past 20 years. 

In no other way have they even so much as ruffled out feathers in that time and had they not kept us amused with their constant embarrassing themselves, we'd probably have forgotton they even exist..! 

London not included as it's a multiple club city, Manchester is a one off as both clubs now attract so much support from far afield.

I know that the blue few aren't rivals on the pitch but you still can't avoid them 

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

i wonder how many yeovil fans considered this to be their own fate listening to him?