IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, pommers1965 said:

Wasn't he involved in a car accident?

He was. Airlifted to Dorchester Hospital, 13 operations, and had to learn to walk again. Got a lot of admiration for him, and if you look how Yeovil are doing now, I don’t think sacking him was the answer for them......anyway, what have the gas done that’s stooooopid this hour to lighten the mood on a November evening?

1 minute ago, chucky said:

From Bristol Live "The early bookmakers’ favourite for the job is head of recruitment Tommy Widdrington" Go on Wally, I dare you! ??

Particularly since the blue few have made up their minds that he`s the only candidate who`s definitely not getting the job.

It`s one thing saying you don`t want it now and quite another when it`s offered.

Cor you go off football for a couple days and this happens!! Completely expected of course, maybe different to a lot of what people on here may be thinking I think their squad is actually half-decent. Absolutely light years off ours of course, but I'd be surprised if they went down. I just think Garner is absolutely woeful, recruitment seems okay for what they want to be; a Peterborough-type model, but as a manager he's hilariously awful, and was clearly never taking them anywhere.  

Think Paul Cook is unrealistic for them, think it'll probably be Michael Flynn from Newport; he was talking about the sacking on EFL Quest and he seemed to somehow respect the sags, even said they could be a Championship club! :laugh:. Local manager too, at least relatively. And I think Wally would actually pay compensation to get him. Also talked about the fact the manager would need time, and given Wally gave this guy 11 months, a guy who hadn't had a job before, I'm assuming he'd get 12 years minimum!

Edited by Mattyisared

10 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/foundations-laid-ben-garners-results-4702551

Foundations laid but Ben Garner's results were just not good enough for Bristol Rovers

That's a first. Normally they make do with some firm ground and some metal pegs.

If losing 4 goals at home to the second largest club in the Blackpool region is the foundations, I'd hate to see the house ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Cor you go off football for a couple days and this happens!! Completely expected of course, maybe different to a lot of what people on here may be thinking I think their squad is actually half-decent. Absolutely light years off ours of course, but I'd be surprised if they went down. I just think Garner is absolutely woeful, recruitment seems okay for what they want to be; a Peterborough-type model, but as a manager he's hilariously awful, and was clearly never taking them anywhere.  

Think Paul Cook is unrealistic for them, think it'll probably be Michael Flynn from Newport; he was talking about the sacking on EFL Quest and he seemed to somehow respect the sags, even said they could be a Championship club! :laugh:. Local manager too, at least relatively. And I think Wally would actually pay compensation to get him. Also talked about the fact the manager would need time, and given Wally gave this guy 11 months, a guy who hadn't had a job before, I'm assuming he'd get 12 years minimum!

Peterborough model recruitment....?

The same Peterborough who sell their star players for incredibly high fees and then break their own transfer record regularly to find the next potential gem...?

Are you sure you're talking about Rovers....?

29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Peterborough model recruitment....?

The same Peterborough who sell their star players for incredibly high fees and then break their own transfer record regularly to find the next potential gem...?

Are you sure you're talking about Rovers....?

Rovers regularly break their transfer record every thirty years.

The last was £370k for Andy Tillson in 1992 meaning that the marquee £400k signing is coming up in just two short years.

The anticipation of that upcoming record breaking transfer must be leaving gasheads simmering with enthusiasm.

£400k, wow that's a lot.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The last was £370k for Andy Tillson in 1992 meaning that the marquee £400k signing is coming up in just two short years.

The anticipation of that upcoming record breaking transfer must be leaving gasheads simmering with enthusiasm.

£400k, wow that's a lot.

Good point, well made.

Theyve also pre planned for it by ripping us a new one over the whole Matty Taylor saga where they taught us just how to go about successful transfer dealings. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

£400k, wow that's a lot.

Even more exciting for them is that after the success of the last time they signed Andy Tilson and having assessed the transfer budget they have raised, they are, more in hope than expectation, currently in negotiations to try and replicate such astute business by signing... Andy Tilson again...! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Even more exciting for them is that after the success of the last time they signed Andy Tilson and having assessed the transfer budget they have raised, they are, more in hope than expectation, currently in negotiations to try and replicate such astute business by signing... Andy Tilson again...! 

Or just to keep it in the family, which I am led to believe is quite popular over there, they could sign Jordan Tillson, 27, currently at Ross County but previously an Exeter player and son of Andy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Tillson

£400k - 'old out yer 'and!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bristolmoose said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/foundations-laid-ben-garners-results-4702551

Foundations laid but Ben Garner's results were just not good enough for Bristol Rovers

Presumably this article is a product of the bloke who summarises on their games’ plea for more favourable coverage? 

No one takes greater delight in their failure than me, but to try & claim someone with one of the worst records in football management ever “laid foundations” might even shame Donald Trump.

The previous guy’s last game in charge was a 2-1 win at Ipswich, they may have said his football was basic, but just like Warnock, (same style) it got them results. He left them in 4th place, just 2 points off automatic promotion after 19 games.

How on earth can anyone claim their abysmal results since under that bluffer “laid foundations”?

More North Korean reporting from their friends at The Post..

• Like 2