IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, bris red said:

You have to laugh at how utterly deluded their fanbase still is. They genuinely believe they are a big club don’t they? Some of the suggestions are mental, not a chance in hell would a Paul cook go there.

Perhaps Pail Cook could be interested

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Perhaps Pail Cook could be interested

If he goes there at this moment in time, I give up with football. He's good enough for us right now, let alone a team 18th in the league below.

I can see someone like Cowley taking it on, but I sincerely hope Cook doesn't go there. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, tin said:

If he goes there at this moment in time, I give up with football. He's good enough for us right now, let alone a team 18th in the league below.

I can see someone like Cowley taking it on, but I sincerely hope Cook doesn't go there. 

I should imagine he`s pissing himself at even being linked!

9 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Out of interest, does anyone know what our record fee was when they signed Tilson? Would it have been a certain Mr Cole?

Yep, we signed Cole in the same year they signed Tillson (‘92).

We didn’t break our record again until we signed Akinbiyi in ‘98.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tin said:

I don't think you need to lose any sleep - never going to happen.

21 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Maybe rod hull and emu would be more realistic

I think it's about time Emu came out of retirement and this job would be right up his street.

A highly aggressive, mute, flightless bird in charge could only improve things.

54 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Maybe rod hull and emu would be more realistic

Methinks Wael would get on better with their other celebrity 'fan' (sic); the one familiar with bankruptcy, the proven liar, criminal and serial fantasist whose tens of millions secured to free those with an uncertain future transpired to be little more than chump change.

Step forward the ever fragrant Lord Archer of WSM.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Andy Curbrushley, buying a house in Clifton apparently?

58 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Methinks Wael would get on better with their other celebrity 'fan' (sic); the one familiar with bankruptcy, the proven liar, criminal and serial fantasist whose tens of millions secured to free those with an uncertain future transpired to be little more than chump change.

Step forward the ever fragrant Lord Archer of WSM.

It's when he buys in Filton you know he's interested?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

a name that springs to mind for me since i first heard it last week is Blodwyn Pulis. any odds on her??

Ah the brand new Sheffield Wednesday Manager. Obviously, the sags are a much bigger club. ?

As for transfers, given we spent 500K to their 375K back in 1992 and our record fee is £8M (Kalas?) plus they are coming for us, I assume they've kept the ratio by having a record fee of £6M and that's just to keep up?

• Haha 1

On 15/11/2020 at 19:44, BanburyRed said:

Much prefer Noddy Holder from Slade.....

Well Noddy and the Boyz know a thing or two about the beautiful game. From the lyrics to this Slade classic, they sound like they know more than Garner as well:

Edited by Midlands Robin

14 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Rovers regularly break their transfer record every thirty years.

The last was £370k for Andy Tillson in 1992 meaning that the marquee £400k signing is coming up in just two short years.

The anticipation of that upcoming record breaking transfer must be leaving gasheads simmering with enthusiasm.

£400k, wow that's a lot.

Andy Tilson didn't he wear those thick woollen socks grand dad shirt and long baggy shorts ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Presumably this article is a product of the bloke who summarises on their games’ plea for more favourable coverage? 

No one takes greater delight in their failure than me, but to try & claim someone with one of the worst records in football management ever “laid foundations” might even shame Donald Trump.

The previous guy’s last game in charge was a 2-1 win at Ipswich, they may have said his football was basic, but just like Warnock, (same style) it got them results. He left them in 4th place, just 2 points off automatic promotion after 19 games.

How on earth can anyone claim their abysmal results since under that bluffer “laid foundations”?

More North Korean reporting from their friends at The Post..

I wholeheartedly agree with all of this. I am astonished at some of the utter rubbish churned out by such articles and that's on top of the baffling statements from the official channel.

Is it any wonder that their dwindling fanbase is as deluded as it is sucking up such drivel.

Oh well never mind, keep up the good work, it keeps the dustbin thread well fed! 

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

With someone else`s hand up his arse?

i dont know how many emus rod had but my ex and i went to see him at the weston theatre. the show itself was really funny,sticking emus head up old ladies skirts pulling baggy knickers out etc,(obviously part of the act) and some quite close rudeness to people, overall a very funny show but the state of the emu shocked me. it was battered and threadbare yet on tv,emu was in mint condition. never forget wogan getting pissy with him. might have been parkinson.

Edited by redsquirrel