IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Bristolisredd said:

Does anyone else not think it’s a bit strange we have a thread 2260 pages long about our rivals ? Surely if there’s only one team in Bristol we shouldn’t be talking about them? 

You're onto a loser with an opening gambit like that my friend.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I see they’re playing Chelsea U23 at the moment. Chelsea including Billy Gilmour and Danny Drinkwater.

Wael must be punching himself in the face.

Wow. How the mighty have fallen! Whilst his mates are  at Wembley, Drinkwater has the delights of the tented arena.

2 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

Does anyone else not think it’s a bit strange we have a thread 2260 pages long about our rivals ? Surely if there’s only one team in Bristol we shouldn’t be talking about them? 

You could always start a Holden Out topic, a thread outlining why COD is shit or one saying the club should be disbanded for starting Covid. That would bring fun to the proceedings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

Oh dear. This post comes up every now and then. It has been explained many times after being relegated last time and falling to the foot of league 1 there were several threads from rovers fans on their forum not to mention numerous tweets gloating st our demise. Then the tables turned and I guess we cant stop laughing at them back now. This thread highlights their stupidity on a near daily basis.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bristolisredd said:

Not really, because 1130 of the pages are taken up with people saying, 'does anyone else not think it's a bit strange..    '

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

They have been long ball merchants all my life.

You've clearly not seen the goal they scored at the weekend then - we'd have been delighted with that one.

I'd agree they've been more successful in recent times with a basic style than when attempting to play "properly" - Dobson was a disaster following on from the thugball hoofing of Jabba the Hut Francis and I suspect the already legendary Garner went wrong by trying to play "too much" football with the resources available to him. 

I also have a gut feeling that Tisdale, if it's he, will do just fine there.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You've clearly not seen the goal they scored at the weekend then - we'd have been delighted with that one.

I'd agree they've been more successful in recent times with a basic style than when attempting to play "properly" - Dobson was a disaster following on from the thugball hoofing of Jabba the Hut Francis and I suspect the already legendary Garner went wrong by trying to play "too much" football with the resources available to him. 

You mean, he will take them down ? :clap:

5 hours ago, Bristolisredd said:

The Blue Few have multiple threads discussing us.  They pop up every day or two on their forums.

We literally put every post about the Gash here. Which is why it has so many pages. It's been running for five and a half years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Years ago, just after Tisdale had signed for us from Soton, I took a call from him at my work. Spoke for about 20 minutes - really nice guy, intelligent, articulate and as has been said, immaculately dressed and plays decent football.

They’ll think he’s a witch.

Tisdale eh??...

It'll be "The Swimming Test" for him..

_102159193_mediaitem102150491.jpg

5 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

The Blue Few have multiple threads discussing us.  They pop up every day or two on their forums.

We literally put every post about the Gash here. Which is why it has so many pages. It's been running for five and a half years.

Yep. 
I’ve posted this many times before but it’s good to have a little reminder once a while. Back in January 2016 when we were looking a bit of a basket case (still nowhere near their level) and this below was the first page of their main forum...

******* state of them, just imagine if we ever got relegated to Non-League by a team wearing our kit? ?

Still, never mind, roll up, roll up let’s have the next belter to ask the same boring question about this thread...

image.thumb.png.7d18168ddf8db207f65bc212ef873fc2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Bristolisredd said:

Not as strange as singing about your rivals non stop for 90 minutes when your own team are playing in front of you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

3 passes? 1 triangle?  We make 100 triangles a game, just isn't vs League One plodders.

• Haha 1