IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I always wondered what that inflatable duck was doing.

I know that Sarah had some weight issues, but calling her inflatable is a bit harsh.

Also, there’s no need to use such a crude word to describe her sexual proclivity,

Sorry, I miss-read duck.  :)

• Haha 2

On 21/11/2020 at 19:03, Sheltons Army said:

Ahhhhhh .......the old ‘Alex Ferguson one’...

?

Manager loses first game ................compare to Sir Alex Ferguson......

Yep that’s it .........

??

F0E5FB49-F35D-4650-A782-51568AFB191A.jpeg

Alex Ferguson was in charge of one of the biggest football clubs in the world, not some tinpot sunday pub team without a pot to piss in, playing in front of temporary gazebos with plastic garden chairs! Deluded isn't the word!

On 22/11/2020 at 08:25, Banned User said:

PT will be seen as the biggest mistake made the board when we get relegated this season. Need to get rid of him asap.It was a knee jerk decision getting rid of BG and the same applies to the appointment of PT

Paul Trollope

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Deluded Slag heads thinking they’re Galatasaray again. ?

Are there any professional footballers out there who would actually “shit themselves” when playing at the Mem in front of 6000 gurning, badly dressed wrong uns sitting in tents?

If they want to introduce realistic crowd noise they’ll have to make sure that 95% of the chants are about us.

cj
Fans' Favourite
22 hours ago

Obviously we all know our performances and results have been poor so far this season. The table don't lie of course. But do you think that there would have been any difference with our position in the table - if we had fans in the ground? (Before anyone suggests this, I am not using 'no fans in the ground' as any kind of excuse for our current situation)

We've heard many times down the years from players and managers, who mention our fans as being the 12 man and its like we give them an extra 10% out on the pitch, especially during home games. And we've even heard opposition managers say they want to keep us quiet. Do you think some players are just going through the motions and acting like its some sort of reserve game as there is no positive/negative pressure from a crowd of fans? Some of our players haven't experienced how vocal we are on match days yet and some players probably don't have much, if any, experience of playing in front of crowds full stop. Some would probably s**t themselves when they experience us and some could thrive on it.

Im not sure if this has been discussed on here, so forgive me if it has. Games in the top league have sound effects for crowd noises and chants, which is playing in the background during the match, to make it feel like the players are playing in front of a crowd. Do you think we should try something like this? 

They really are so special compared to everyone else........and a bit needy at the same time. Make of that what you will.

Many people "when they experience you" just raise their eyebrows and shake their heads.

Had no idea that Garner was sacked and Tisdale had taken over ? I listened to their game against Fleetwood on the radio which was Garner's final game in charge and the fans weren't happy on full time but I didn't seriously consider him to get the sack just yet. To be honest I thought the Gas were going to be a mid table/bottom half team under Garner as that new striker they have bought seems to be doing ok. Fleetwood stuck 5 past Plymouth last weekend too so they are on good form too. Lets see if Paul Tisdale can't be the next Dave Penney for them.

2 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Had no idea that Garner was sacked and Tisdale had taken over ? I listened to their game against Fleetwood on the radio which was Garner's final game in charge and the fans weren't happy on full time but I didn't seriously consider him to get the sack just yet. To be honest I thought the Gas were going to be a mid table/bottom half team under Garner as that new striker they have bought seems to be doing ok. Fleetwood stuck 5 past Plymouth last weekend too so they are on good form too. Lets see if Paul Tisdale can't be the next Dave Penney for them.

I only ever know who the manger is when the song comes around informing me of their mother's occupation.

Not going to games means I'm completely out of the loop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Are there any professional footballers out there who would actually “shit themselves” when playing at the Mem in front of 6000 gurning, badly dressed wrong uns sitting in tents?

If they want to introduce realistic crowd noise they’ll have to make sure that 95% of the chants are about us.

cj
Fans' Favourite
22 hours ago

Obviously we all know our performances and results have been poor so far this season. The table don't lie of course. But do you think that there would have been any difference with our position in the table - if we had fans in the ground? (Before anyone suggests this, I am not using 'no fans in the ground' as any kind of excuse for our current situation)

We've heard many times down the years from players and managers, who mention our fans as being the 12 man and its like we give them an extra 10% out on the pitch, especially during home games. And we've even heard opposition managers say they want to keep us quiet. Do you think some players are just going through the motions and acting like its some sort of reserve game as there is no positive/negative pressure from a crowd of fans? Some of our players haven't experienced how vocal we are on match days yet and some players probably don't have much, if any, experience of playing in front of crowds full stop. Some would probably s**t themselves when they experience us and some could thrive on it.

Im not sure if this has been discussed on here, so forgive me if it has. Games in the top league have sound effects for crowd noises and chants, which is playing in the background during the match, to make it feel like the players are playing in front of a crowd. Do you think we should try something like this? 

He makes a very valid point. 

It would only be fair that every other club shouldn't be allowed to have fans attend games at the moment either. 

IF this was the case then there's no way, whatsoever, in a milion years, that Rovers would be struggling. 

It's grossly unfair that they are the only team in the country denied of playing in front of a crowd at the moment. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

cj
Fans' Favourite
22 hours ago

They made piped in crowd noise an art form long before it was cool. I’m sure opposition players would find a muffled rendition of Goodnight Irene about as intimidating as a Weavers concert.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I'm not sure Tisdale will be able to sort out their mess to be honest. It's easier at bigger clubs like Team Bath, Exeter and MK Dons to produce actual good players.

It's does make me laugh, how he is (was) so highly rated.

He's managed 1 (ONE) season in 18, where he's managed to finish in the top half of league One. 

Everything else he's managed has consisted of non league promotions or failure to get teams out of league 2, with the exception of 1 promotion to League 1, which was followed up by relegation 3 seasons later, after 2 years of struggle and that 1 season finishing 8th.

For a so say "highly rated" manager to only have 8th place in League One, to show as his higest ranking finish, in 18 seasons, doesn't exactly indicate much ambition or expectation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

For a so say "highly rated" manager to only have 8th place in League One, to show as his higest ranking finish, in 18 seasons, doesn't exactly indicate much ambition or expectation. 

8th in League One - That's Rovers' version of success in my view.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2015 said:

8th in League One - That's Rovers' version of success in my view.

Well, they've selected a man with a track record of consistently delivering such lofty ambition, regularly*

*The term Regular would be interpreted as 1 season in every 18.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Why on earth would they s**t themselves? I was under the impression that the Gas fans were the most loveliest in all of Christendom. The fans of every team they've played say so.

I think it's more to do with other players not being able to control their laughter at having to play at a Circus rather then that lot chanting about us constantly but then also denying that we are always in their mind and that we are the delusional ones.