IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

All set up for an intriguing tie Saturday. For those of us based across the pond, the Rent Boys getting bombed out of the FA Cup by a non league team is as much of a Thanksgiving tradition as turkey, pumpkin pie and a deadly stampede at a Walmart in Ballsack, Arkansas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Tonight’s result is about as bad as it gets.

Wigan have no owner, no manager, have lost every player from last season (their top scorer Joe Garner walked out on them today to join a club in India) & are basically putting out their Under 23 side plus 3 players they have on loan.

They are bottom & haven’t won since October 3rd, so Radio Bristol describe it as a “much improved performance”, FFS..

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, edada said:

After the first guy shoots, instead of following up, he seems to decide to pull his socks up - incredible

That was the worst bit. If he follows up instead of contemplating how his football career has come to this he probably gets another chance to miss an open goal..............

Wigan really are abysmal due to having no money and selling every half decent player they had and a draw up there is a terrible result for the Few.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Wigan have no owner, no manager, have lost every player from last season (their top scorer Joe Garner walked out on them today to join a club in India) & are basically putting out their Under 23 side plus 3 players they have on loan.

They are bottom & haven’t won since October 3rd, so Radio Bristol describe it as a “much improved performance”, FFS..

You mean to say this isn't the same Wigan Athletic, FA Cup winners 2013?  Oh. Oh dear......

Jeeeeeesus their fans are dimwits:

“The thing is they are poor.. but they are no worse then other teams I’ve seen us play this season.. such as Northampton, Burton even Lincoln were shite when we played them. We proved we ain’t as bad as them. 9times out of 10 a player scores that one Nicholson missed. Much improved under a manager who still doesn’t really know our players.. I think I’m gonna be positive and take a point away from home. Shite pitch and we played some good football on it.”

Proved you aren’t as bad as them? By sharing a stalemate with them?!? Well that’s me convinced. Oh, and the pitch - of course the surface was to blame! They must’ve played on a lot of poor surfaces in 2020...

#Gasf*ckinglogic

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Small steps Graham

Small steps

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If I understand correctly the Fewers are in black, and attacking.

No, I think you must be mistaken.... 

Surely that is taken from some training ground routine, to improve accuracy...?

The challenge must have been to pick out the player on the line. As it was so hard to do, with the rest of the goal gaping like Cathy Barry's sphincter....

It takes real skill to be so composed and accurate and shows just how worried we should be about their quest to "come for us" 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If I understand correctly the Fewers are in black, and attacking.

That's a whole new level of ineptitude. If a player missed that on a Sunday morning parks game he'd get filled in in the bar afterwards.

He almost didn't want to score.  And then to pull his frigigng socks up when the balls still in the penalty/danger area....

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

That's a whole new level of ineptitude. If a player missed that on a Sunday morning parks game he'd get filled in in the bar afterwards.

He almost didn't want to score.  And then to pull his frigigng socks up when the balls still in the penalty/danger area....

That's the bit that would get you filled in after the game!! Everyone has missed a sitter in their time, some worse than the one missed by the Few last night, but for a "pro" to react like that afterwards is one of the single most unprofessional acts I have ever seen on a football pitch..........what was he thinking? Ok, so you've missed the easiest chance of your pro career BUT with the ball bouncing everywhere you immediately get stuck in and try and make up for it second time round not wait 3 seconds until your hair is in place and socks nicely turned up. That was literally Under 6/7 football right there and I know if it was my managerial career potentially being ruined by players acting like that they wouldn't be lasting long in any squad of mine.

Apparently the player in question is a midfield player as they have no fit forwards atm but that is completely irrelevant in this case.......you could stick a GOALKEEPER up front and they would know better than to react to a bad miss like that.

18 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Jeeeeeesus their fans are dimwits:

“The thing is they are poor.. but they are no worse then other teams I’ve seen us play this season.. such as Northampton, Burton even Lincoln were shite when we played them. We proved we ain’t as bad as them. 9times out of 10 a player scores that one Nicholson missed. Much improved under a manager who still doesn’t really know our players.. I think I’m gonna be positive and take a point away from home. Shite pitch and we played some good football on it.”

Proved you aren’t as bad as them? By sharing a stalemate with them?!? Well that’s me convinced. Oh, and the pitch - of course the surface was to blame! They must’ve played on a lot of poor surfaces in 2020...

#Gasf*ckinglogic

I think we’ve discovered their expectations. 

That chance is apparently finished 9 times out of 10. ??

More like 99,999 times out of 100,000. 

8 hours ago, Banned User said:

Hope they get through the cup, would love to play them 

We have nothing to gain by playing them. We win 5-0 we’re supposed to 

win 1-0 2-0 it’s a morale victory to them . You can imagine it. 
we only lost 2-0 , we’re not that far behind them. 
**** um , hope Darlington stuff um. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 2

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Absolutely. This from a fan base who said getting  relegated to the Conference :rofl2br:was the best thing that could of happened to them . Getting  a point against Wigan’s academy is seen as progress. They are such a stupid fan base . It’s hard to describe. Don’t want those unwashed inbreds down the gate. Would mean more quarantine 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I do agree that this is their mentality but even still.

I'm sure they would have, or did, say similar the last time we played them. That doesn't make the JET goal, and win, any less brilliant for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

And that`s without their cloggers trying to put our players out for weeks.

Apparently Tisdale is good friends with the actor Andrew Lincoln (who played Rick Grimes in The Walking Dead and grew up in Bath)

Maybe if Tisdale invited him to the Mem for a game when the crowds are back he’ll think he’s back in a post-apocalyptic wasteland populated by shuffling mutants 

• Haha 7