IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

They want us in the 3rd round? Bring it on! 

Some gas belter on FB is still banging on about Windass and Hull saying we can't beat them. He forgets that since that day we've beaten Hull on numerous occasions and the sags became a non league club.

Does this bacon you know on Facebook think football ended in 2008?

How many times have we beaten them since then? ?

The same Hull that swept them aside with ease a few weeks ago.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Are people genuinely concerned about playing them, if we drew them?

Concerned is probably not the right word, but over the years I've seen many Derby games we couldn't lose. The worst (probably) the Gary Smart game at the Gate. It really would be a no win situation. 1-0, 2-0 and it's well you should win look at " insert excuse here" . Lose ? we would Literally never hear the end of it. 

Plus we would probably play even more kids than usual. I ended up not enjoying those games, the more you're expected to win, the more you have to lose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

An old Gas friend of mine giving it large on Facebook until I asked what division Darlington were in.

:laughcont:

In fairness to them 6-0 is a good result    against any team in professional football.

Still It sets them up nicely for the next fall.

Are Darlington not semi-pro now? 

14 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

If our boys treated a game against the sags in the same manner as they treated the Shrews, I would be incredibly disappointed. They talk about 'the fans' and would surely know what a Bristol derby means to us.

Are people genuinely concerned about playing them, if we drew them?

Last time we played them they kicked Scott Murray out of the game in the first leg of the JPT, he didn’t play again for us that season.

I can live without ever playing them again, myself.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Last time we played them they kicked Scott Murray out of the game in the first leg of the JPT, he didn’t play again for us that season.

I can live without ever playing them again, myself.

The last time we played them?! How can you forget this one fella? I’m sure Scotty didn’t put on his boots for this game...?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-bristol-city-2-1-bristol-rovers/

• Like 2

On 30/11/2020 at 15:49, Lanterne Rouge said:

No thanks. It`s a no win game for us. If we beat them we`re expected to, look at the money we`ve spent, blah blah blah and if they did scab a win against our U18s we`d never hear the last of it - they still bang on about the 1-0 fatty ******* Lambert game even now.

So, they conveniently forget the Jet game, then ?

• Like 1

Have they kicked off yet about AG being chosen as one of the national vaccination centres (clearly with quality of infrastructure that supports such a critical national programme?)

Can't wait for their Gaschat to query why the House of Tents was passed over - loads of space, darn cold in those portakabins and tents, very few enclosed spaces et al.....

So City earn income from providing the facility and the losers in life have to come to AG for life-saving treatment..... Their blood will boil....

47 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Have they kicked off yet about AG being chosen as one of the national vaccination centres (clearly with quality of infrastructure that supports such a critical national programme?)

Can't wait for their Gaschat to query why the House of Tents was passed over - loads of space, darn cold in those portakabins and tents, very few enclosed spaces et al.....

So City earn income from providing the facility and the losers in life have to come to AG for life-saving treatment..... Their blood will boil....

I did see some comments on the news story along the lines of "I'd rather catch the virus than go to Trashton". 

Which rather begged the obvious riposte "yes we'd rather you caught the virus too", but one doesn't engage with simpletons on social media so I left them to it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 30/11/2020 at 15:49, Lanterne Rouge said:

No thanks. It`s a no win game for us. If we beat them we`re expected to, look at the money we`ve spent, blah blah blah and if they did scab a win against our U18s we`d never hear the last of it - they still bang on about the 1-0 fatty ******* Lambert game even now.

And they conveniently forget that they went on to lose the final anyway... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, City Rocker said:

I did see some comments on the news story along the lines of "I'd rather catch the virus than go to Trashton". 

Which rather begged the obvious riposte "yes we'd rather you caught the virus too", but one doesn't engage with simpletons on social media so I left them to it. 

This reminds me of an analogy I often use about them. If a City fan was walking along the canal, came across a drowning s*g, and offered his hand to help, the s*g would rather pull him in with them than accept his help.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2