IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

30 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Hate to be a pedant but 'Disco' Slarti wouldn't allow me to bypass this.

Whilst Chicory Tip had the hit that was a cover, it was written and first recorded by Giorgio Moroder.

Everybody knows the chorus but the lyrics are something else .

Not that I doubted you ?, but I had to look it up to check, as my wife has always been a big fan of GM's music - I had always assumed he was German, but I have now discovered he was Italian (born in that German speaking area of South Tyrol).

Every day is a school day.... 

40 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Hate to be a pedant but 'Disco' Slarti wouldn't allow me to bypass this.

Whilst Chicory Tip had the hit that was a cover, it was written and first recorded by Giorgio Moroder.

Everybody knows the chorus but the lyrics are something else .

It was also the first hit record to employ the use of the Moog Synthesizer !

And no, I haven't just googled it..................it's one of the many useless facts whirring around inside my cranium .  ?

Edited by slartibartfast

16 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I have no idea, of course, but I can only think you must be under about 30 years of age...? 

It's very easy to mistake Rovers for the shambolic, embarrassing, joke of a club that we see today and think they are just a little figment of fun, there to keep us amused as an aside to whatever we are doing.... 

Those that remember them as a rival however, will/should never forget what a vile, rancid, cesspit of scum actually lurks over there. 

The absolute definition of "little man syndrome" who'd rather drink each others piss than help us if we were burning infront of them.

Untterly vile club, whose supporters turn into mouth foaming, neanderthals at the very thought of any game that might possibly attract more than 8/9000 fans to it and their hatred of us goes beyond anything you might see in many other places. 

It's the 1 reason I'd actually entertain another Bristol Derby, so that those young enough to only think of Rovers as a jovial laughing stock, get to actually see the grotesque underbelly of what they've only ever seen from a distance. 

For many, who remember them from 20+ years ago, their troubles are a delight to behold and they couldn't happen to a more fu###d up bunch of spawn. 

Their kit, their dirge of a song, their inferiority complex, their inbred, bitter, deluded interpretation of who/what they are, makes every moment they struggle, a real pleasure..! 

Those are the exact reasons us older generation utterly detest that pathetic shambles of a football club and all the crap they continue to spout.  I still hate them now as much as i hated them in the 80's and 90's. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Those are the exact reasons us older generation utterly detest that pathetic shambles of a football club and all the crap they continue to spout.  I still hate them now as much as i hated them in the 80's and 90's. 

Amen Richy.

When that filth blocked a council plan to save City in 1982, a club that I didn't like became a club that I utterly despise and always will, just to get their shitty mitts on our stadium.

Going bust isn't good enough for them, I want a very long and painful end for them.

They wanted us to die so I want the same for that club and always will.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 1

36 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Not that I doubted you ?, but I had to look it up to check, as my wife has always been a big fan of GM's music - I had always assumed he was German, but I have now discovered he was Italian (born in that German speaking area of South Tyrol).

Every day is a school day.... 

When you listen to the opening, driving chords on the keyboard riff you realise it seems obvious.....

36 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It was also the first hit record to employ the use of the Moog Synthesizer !

And no, I haven't just googled it..................it's one of the many useless facts whirring around inside my cranium .  ?

Don't we know it Slarti, don't we know it......

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, reddoh said:

naff all to do with the thread but the Kentucky church scene great music gives you the feeling like city winning with the last kick of the match.

The three guitars going for it, freebird, by Lynyrd skynyrd. Bear outro ever. Class scene and I know what you mean about great feeling after winning. 

• Like 2

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9095/official-matty-taylor-joins-city?page=3

Old but gold.

__

haha. I can't see it. Why would Matty go to a club failing in the championship once again. The Teds who would love it just for the reaction are kidding themselves - they are a sh1te championship side..

No way would we sell our players to them.

Edited by Banned User
  • Haha 3

I'd rather eat a nob cheese sandwich , than see him go to the sh@t .

We got Taylor Matty Taylor just don't think you understand,
He's a legend at the gas, told Johnson,stick your offer up your ass....... We got Matty Taylor!!!!!

"This is quality monday night entertainment"

.... yes, it was ??

Edited by Banned User
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

They'll be spitting feathers this morning when the Mansion Bet "There's only one team in Bristol " leaflet drops out from the weekend Bristol Post!

The more I hear about Mansion... the more I like them.  Just a shame it involves gambling. 

They should start another company, maybe....

Mansion Pots

(Mansion Pissing off the sags.)

They're very good at that.

Edited by 42nite

16 minutes ago, Banned User said:

haha. I can't see it. Why would Matty go to a club failing in the championship once again. The Teds who would love it just for the reaction are kidding themselves - they are a sh1te championship side..

No way would we sell our players to them.

Why do they do it to themselves?

Its impossible NOT to laugh at them. Deluded slagheads.

IMG_3376.thumb.PNG.7c5614dee432bcd1a635b9caab6cddc0.PNG

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Thank you.

I’ll enjoy having a read of that later and laughing at the bitter little bastards throwing their toys out of the pram ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

17 hours ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. Yes mate, I remember that, you belter!! 
Sadly I wasn’t able to enjoy the evening in Bath afterwards. I got arrested when we were 3-1 up and carted off to the station. 
When released at about 8pm, I got the Badgerline bus back to Longwell. I was singing “we beat the Rovers 3-1” all the way home on the bus and was getting some funny looks. Twas only when I got off the bus and met some mates in the Crown at Longwell that they told me we’d won 4-2!! ??

I’m sure it was the same night that we ended up at my mates at 4am watching the Bruno-Tyson fight. 
I must’ve been absolutely wrecked that night!!! 

That was definitely the fight. We got the train back from Oldfield Park and walked from Temple Meads to the Wedlocks. The playerss came in for beers with us and stayed in the boozer until about 6am watching the fight. What a day and night

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

That was about 72 (off the top of my head )

Odd how things stick in ones head, eh Slarti?

I struggle to recall who we played last week but remember as clear as day sitting in a carriage in Cleethorpes station, Aug 72, listening to Popcorn on the chart show. Schools Out was No 1. Like many at the time and after footy on the Saturday, my folks were prone to taking me on the BR "mystery away-day" service from Parson Street on a Sunday. The trauma runs deep.....

Edited by BTRFTG
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Odd how things stick in ones head, eh Slarti?

I struggle to recall who we played last week but remember as clear as day sitting in a carriage in Cleethorpes station, Aug 72, listening to Popcorn on the chart show. Schools Out was No 1. Like many at the time and after footy on the Saturday, my folks were prone to taking me on the BR "mystery away-day" service from Parson Street on a Sunday. The trauma runs deep.....

Yes it is, I was out with Nigel clothes shopping in Bath, in a "fashionable Boutique" of the day, and that came on, closely followed by Silver (Cider) Machine. as you say, whatever causes that type of thing to stay in your noggin, god knows ? 

Edited by slartibartfast

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

A gas mate of mine just sent me a photo of a t shirt they’ve brought out . I can’t ******* breath I’m laughing so much ?? so tinpot it’s unreal ???

3A03F772-6078-4508-B416-C3F96BF42A8E.png

That couls almost be commemorating the last time they were above us in the league..!