IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

The piss take of Rovers is all very amusing but the fact is...if we played them right now they would probably beat us. 

It wasn't particularly a pisstake.

They have a range of 'Legends' mugs, and whilst I am aware of all the people on them I have never even heard of this guy!

Also, you may be a bit despondent on the back of two poor results, but 'probably' losing to that outfit? Get a grip!

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

The piss take of Rovers is all very amusing but the fact is...if we played them right now they would probably beat us. 

Whilst I doubt that would be the case I for one have stoppped taking the piss though it has been an absolutely hilarious last five years and I thank them for the entertainment that they have provided.

Their owner is newly rich and has converted their debt into equity as the Lansdown family do for us and they have appointed as manager somebody I have wanted to be appointed here since Cotts was given the push.

As soon as Tisdale was linked with them I just knew that he was going there.  Gutted.

On 17/12/2020 at 08:10, richwwtk said:

Who on earth is Walker?

I had to look him up as well.

A striker who played for them alongside the more famous Junior Agogo in the 2000s.

Got transferred after a season where he scored 0 goals from open play. Dropped to non-league shortly thereafter.

Edited by Red-Robbo

On 17/12/2020 at 06:06, Tinmans Love Child said:

Ha. Had a look around for some Gas memorabilia for my Saghead friend Xmas gift.

Really couldn't part of my money to buy anything that was vaguely celebratory (which was immensely difficult to find anyhow) or proclaiming loyalty (mostly sold out due to the size of their fan base).

Did however find a liquid holder that boldly claimed ‘Bristol Rovers ..This is a Mug NOT a Cup’’. Happy days. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I used to work with Mrs Lines, she is a very nice person.

Anyone who knows me well enough to know just how much I despise that club will understand that is about as generous as I can be about them, Christmas spirit or not.

My mate is married to her daughter.

6 hours ago, Greedo said:

saw on Points West they gave iPads to elderly gas fans so they can Skype relatives who they otherwise wouldn’t be able to see over xmas. a classy touch. credit where credit is due. 

Wally has tied them in to a 50 year broadband contract however, they didn't tell you that.*

*Might well be a load of old shite that I have just made up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greedo said:

saw on Points West they gave iPads to elderly gas fans so they can Skype relatives who they otherwise wouldn’t be able to see over xmas. a classy touch. credit where credit is due. 

They can pay to download the Skype app, but babestation is free......