IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I’ve got this on a dvd called The Bristol Derby In Colour, it’s also got a 1-1 draw at the Gate in August 1975 on there. I wasn’t born until 1981, but I wish I could of seen a derby at Eastville, my late father went to them from the 50’s onwards and said they were epic.

I've got that DVD, the one disappointing thing is they don't show the crowd enough. That open end was brilliant, I think it held over 6,000 and was always rammed when I went in there. 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Me too, my first one at their place, which was nearer to home than Ashton Gate..

Same here.

Stood, with my dad and uncle (one red, one blue) in the little enclosure of the stand that was later burnt down. Not a hint of trouble at all but I was only 7 and dad seemed fine in there. I suppose you could do that freely in those days but couldn't not many years after. 

I'm sure I remember us giving them an absolute gubbing at Eastville a few years later? Maybe the Gloucester cup? I reckon would have been at secondary school so 1978 onwards?

Edited by Ska Junkie

30 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Same here.

Stood, with my dad and uncle (one red, one blue) in the little enclosure of the stand that was later burnt down. Not a hint of trouble at all but I was only 7 and dad seemed fine in there. I suppose you could do that freely in those days but couldn't not many years after. 

I'm sure I remember us giving them an absolute gubbing at Eastville a few years later? Maybe the Gloucester cup? I reckon would have been at secondary school so 1978 onwards?

No, that was before the 4-1 , late 60's  5-0 .

• Thanks 1

Just now, slartibartfast said:

No, that was before the 4-1 , late 60's  5-0 .

I was around in the 60's Slarti but can't remember it for obvious reasons.

I must have dreamt a night match at Eastville where we did them 6-1 or something. It's so vivid I remember being in the petrol station at the top of Eastville park where it meets Fishponds Rd.

The imagination of a young 'un (now getting on a bit 'un) I guess. 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

I was around in the 60's Slarti but can't remember it for obvious reasons.

I must have dreamt a night match at Eastville where we did them 6-1 or something. It's so vivid I remember being in the petrol station at the top of Eastville park where it meets Fishponds Rd.

The imagination of a young 'un (now getting on a bit 'un) I guess. 

We did them 6-1 at AG in some pre-season tournament .

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

No, pretty sure he was a free.  Just noticed the load of City in the south enclosure, I was with loads in the north (Harold) enclosure !

Me to with all my banjo gas buddies i was told to not celebrate any goals one nasty indivudual said hed smash my teeth down the back of me throat what a night

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

No, pretty sure he was a free.  Just noticed the load of City in the south enclosure, I was with loads in the north (Harold) enclosure !

looks like there was more of us in the front of the stand that got burned down ,also looked pretty full in the tesco end.

• Like 1