IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Calculated or unprofessional? 

Unprofessional.

Which is indicative of an under-resourced back office.

I'm not expecting any big revalations within them that they're trying to keep secret so there should be no reason for delay; unlike a couple of years ago across the main suite of BRFC accounts where they wanted to hold back the results.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

According to her indoors the Company Secretarial Administrator, it could be that they are already with Companies House, but they have a huge backlog. It will depend on the date received that they place on there once they are posted, if they are genuinely late it will just result in a fine, but isn't necessarily an indicator of a problem with the accounts themselves.

That's if they're filing them manually.  Surely even they aren't doing that?

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's if they're filing them manually.  Surely even they aren't doing that?

They probably are, not many private companies go to the bother of buying the software required, that's why many use service companies like the one my wife works for. She has a portfolio of over 400 clients.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

They probably are, not many private companies go to the bother of buying the software required, that's why many use service companies like the one my wife works for. She has a portfolio of over 400 clients.

That rings a bell, I think the auditors, one of the big four, did the electronic filings for my last company.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2021 at 14:18, Gert Mare said:

They ain’t going anywhere near Trashton for a vaccination. They said it’s full of pricks....literally.

Or, they are naturally distrustful of injections given the much-vaunted injection of cash when the Al-Qadis came in never materialised...

Also nice to see the Wombles are still adept at clearing up rubbish.

• Flames 1

By my reckoning they must have competed in that competition at least 31 times without ever winning it once. That’s about double number of seasons we’ve competed in it and we’ve won the thing 3 times ?

They are the absolute definition of ‘tinpot’.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Tonight's gas logic;

Sheffield United beating Newcastle by the odd goal means da Roverz are on a par with Newcastle 

Yep, seen that although I think the implication is that Sheff Utd aren’t that bad...which is just ignoring the fact that they’ve been utter dogshit up until a few days ago and were no doubt helped by Newcastle having a player sent off tonight (something they know all about).

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have zero interest in the lack of  fortunes with the gas or if they lose to Wombledon.

I am so over rovers which is why I never comment and feel pity for those of you who feel the need to.

But you have just commented - on a thread about rovers - so you’ve contradicted yourself?! ????- and for what it’s worth, Matt Smith was quite good! ????✌️??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But you have just commented - on a thread about rovers - so you’ve contradicted yourself?! ????- and for what it’s worth, Matt Smith was quite good! ????✌️??

That's just the easiest and quickest whooooooosssshhhhh that I've ever managed to get and coming from you - it's glorious.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

By my reckoning they must have competed in that competition at least 31 times without ever winning it once. That’s about double number of seasons we’ve competed in it and we’ve won the thing 3 times ?

They are the absolute definition of ‘tinpot’.

Good stat, that.

I’m still jealous, though, that the last time we won it and picked up the League One title for good measure, they were outdoing us by getting knocked out of the FA Trophy in the first round. :(

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have zero interest in the lack of  fortunes with the gas or if they lose to Wombledon.

I am so over rovers which is why I never comment and feel pity for those of you who feel the need to.

What the hell is that then?

I moaned several times about multiple threads about BCFC women's football on the main forum but since they have been restricted to a single thread for the last ?six months I have had no complaints and simply ignore that single thread; neither reading nor posting upon it.

I also have zero interest in modern jazz but don't feel the need to make a post to tell everyone that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I moaned several times about multiple threads about BCFC women's football on the main forum but since they have been restricted to a single thread for the last ?six months I have had no complaints and simply ignore that single thread; neither reading nor posting upon it.

I also have zero interest in modern jazz but don't feel the need to make a post to tell everyone that.

You should give modern jazz another go.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You also get a big ol'whoooooooooosssssshhhhhh. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Good stat, that.

I’m still jealous, though, that the last time we won it and picked up the League One title for good measure, they were outdoing us by getting knocked out of the FA Trophy in the first round, at home to Bath City :(

I felt your post was lacking the finer details, so have added to it.