IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I'll give you the Locarno's starry ceiling was a thing of beauty but never had time much to look at it given the requirement to constantly scan for thuggish bouncers who took delight in bouncing folks down the concrete stairs......for no reason whatsoever.....

Kings I wouldn't know (never had the guts or Mac to go in) - more an Arts Centre or Arnolfini flicks watcher, me....

The Ranks stairs were pretty unforgiving as well. There's posh cinemas for you.

11 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

You'll shut your ******* mouth and not bad mouth fans of 30 years....I am raging with you...******* dare to call me sh**...I have paid and followed this club all over the country and lady gardens like you bad mouth me

My offer stands, my phone number or address, you are welcome to both...and then you can come back on here and tell the others if I am Gas...   Family club?

gaschat after the fewers fail to con the ref (enough) to win any points is a beautiful thing for sure.

I am still trying to work out:

• are they still coming for us?
  • is tisdale the messiah and building something special or a gert ted?
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cityal said:

gaschat after the fewers fail to con the ref (enough) to win any points is a beautiful thing for sure.

I am still trying to work out:

• are they still coming for us?
  • is tisdale the messiah and building something special or a gert ted?

Agent Tisdale doing well in his mission thus far
image.thumb.png.ce2dc2de777b281ad7c2726a9439b93e.png

24 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

You'll shut your ******* mouth and not bad mouth fans of 30 years....I am raging with you...******* dare to call me sh**...I have paid and followed this club all over the country and lady gardens like you bad mouth me

My offer stands, my phone number or address, you are welcome to both...and then you can come back on here and tell the others if I am Gas...   Family club?

Just been reading this spat between the two of them. Apparently being called a shithead is the worst insult you can throw at someone.

Personally I can think of a lot that are worse but if you`re as obsessed as they are..............................

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rich said:

Some people on this post need to be diverted to a facebook group called "Bristol pubs and clubs of the 60's 70's and 80's. I can highly recommend it for a nostalgic trip back in time, with lot's of references to music, pubs, clubs, fashions, fights. All the stuff you'd expect from the title.

Let's keep this site back to taking the piss please.

My apologies, for I was probably partly responsible for some of this due to my mentioning the beer in Hofbrauhaus.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

So they will have a fight on the phone, or by letter as we're in lockdown.

Not convinced Sky will be bidding for the rights to this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, reddoh said:

is that the same as the bierkeller or different place?

From memory, there were two different establishments:

At the bottom of Park Street, on the right hand side just as it meets College Green, there was the BierKellar located inside the Mauritania? Hotel.

The Hofbrauhaus was in Fairfax Street?, next to the bowling alley.

They were both quite ‘boisterous’, but, in my experience, there was more chance of picking up a willing lady in the Mauritania one.

I think, however, this might better be pursued on the ´Old Pub’ thread.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

13 hours ago, richwwtk said:

You talk about your youth with great passion, and they were indeed great days.

I suspect the confused emojis that your original post got was due to the fact that you have fallen into the classic pitfall of "Bloody kids, not like it was back in my day" that seems to happen to a lot of people as they get older. Don't forget that your parents generation thought exactly the same of you.

You also seem to have forgotten that there was an awful lof of manufactured pop in the sixties and seventies as well, it's just that you were a little more discerning in your musical tastes. It's exactly the same now, plenty of 'proper' bands out there that have followings, just that the media these days makes it harder for them to get mainstream exposure than it ever was. There is also a wider variety of different styles and genres than there was.

All fair points Rich - but even with my giant rose-tinted specs on, I really miss the days of real music and the raw atmosphere that surrounded that era ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Hahaha, is that the one who was accused of being a City fan because he voiced concern about getting enough points to avoid relegation?

Paranoid ******* pounders! ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Geeze what an embarrassment, grown blokes as well. Dare call me a shithead .... grow up man bloody hell he probably had kids as well which is a frightening thought.

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Geeze what an embarrassment, grown blokes as well. Dare call me a shithead .... grow up man bloody hell he probably had kids as well which is a frightening thought.

He is now serving a one week ban ???

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I expect they’re all like it at the swamp on match days.

D1ckheads lumping fellow slags all around the tents, calling each other ‘shitheads’ because one or two of them forget to soil themselves in rage every time an ex City player gets the ball.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 4

Very little cohesion to our play, thought we were poor in the final third.
Charlton should have made the game safe second half but wasted good positions and missed a couple of sitters, their player who tripped himself up when facing an open goal did make me chuckle.
In the end could have grabbed a point with Alfies header but not to be.
Hope Nicholson don’t go to play for lee Johnson as rumoured 

33 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

I havent seen him for a few years he used to play for our old mans football team always had a few hlirious stories to tell

I remember him from away trips back in the day, certainly a character, think he used to turn up at AG on a bike from time to time, haven't seen him for years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Blimey Coombsy, for a minute there I thought that was you going off on one!

I was wondering who had upset you so much.  ? 

?

Edited by 42nite
  • Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

My apologies, for I was probably partly responsible for some of this due to my mentioning the beer in Hofbrauhaus.

IIRC there was some speculation that the beer sold at lunchtime, was just common or garden lager, whereas the night time beer was some magical German brew........