IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Classic Rovers on Twitter today, I wonder how the ‘300 more were locked out’ figure was arrived at?  Did they do a head count?  Did they multiply the actual number by 10, then add 100, then round up to the nearest 100?

Imagine the embarrassment of driving to Woking.....and then being locked out! Comedy gold!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Classic Rovers on Twitter today, I wonder how the ‘300 more were locked out’ figure was arrived at?  Did they do a head count?  Did they multiply the actual number by 10, then add 100, then round up to the nearest 100?

Well I can count 17 in that picture, so I think it must be multiply by 20 then take off 40 to account for any exaggeration. Of course we will get told there was another gate where the missing 283 are waiting.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

People slate our Social Media on here but the day they celebrate the anniversary of taking a poxy 1800 a couple of hours up the road is the day I want one of my kids to shoot me in the back of my head to save me from the agony of cringing myself to death.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The usual methodology when Rovers were NLBRFC was to count how many turned up late and couldn't get in - then add 299.

For League and Cup matches the same method applies, but count the latecomers then add 9,999. 

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

52 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I expect they were ‘locked up’ as opposed to locked out. I suspect the Tote Enders who still think it’s the mid-70’s turned up to sleepy Woking reminiscing about Millwall and started intimidating anyone wearing anything red, racially abusing people and punching horses. They were easy to identify and arrest as they were bald with 1 or 2 teeth, wearing a 70’s replica home shirt and carrying motorcycle chains whilst singing the bow legged chicken song.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Got to love how they regurgitate posts likes this, as some kind of celebration..! 

Their focus on having some people locked out (because it was a non league ground, rather than any exceptionally spectacular sized following) seems to over shadow that fact that they were A) NON league..! & B) Held to a goalless draw by a NON league side...! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Well if the 300 locked out were stood by that gate, it looks like they doubled it, then multiplied (that's times, or the X on your calculator Saggies) by 10. There's 15 at a push there :laugh:

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Woking's stadium has a capacity of over 6,000.

Weird that they would lock 300 people out (if we were to believe the Rovers fan) with the ground barely more than half full.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Woking's stadium has a capacity of over 6,000.

Weird that they would lock 300 people out (if we were to believe the Rovers fan) with the ground barely more than half full.

If you saw 300 of their Neanderthals walking towards the ground dragging their knuckles and grunting wouldn`t you lock the gates pretty sharpish?

Funny how they never talk of how many get locked out at home games!  I mean even if you took it as fact that they have amazing away support, and take 40k to Wembley etc etc surely that just highlights how incredibly poor the home support is, so why boast about it?

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BS3City said:

I see Spurs have notched 2 against Sheff Utd, so did Rovers.

Gas logic says Rovers as good as Spurs?

No, even BETTER than Spurs and Sheffield United.

Spurs took no away fans, the fewers have an away fan, and if you count the number of empty seats at Sheffield, there will be far more that at the Mem when Rovers played them.

Conclusive proof the Fewers are bigger than both Sheffield United AND Spurs.

#DoubleGasLogic

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Can anyone remember when we last let in 9?  Has that even happened in living memory or ever?

City list 9-0 to Coventry in 1934. I remember it well as we were unlucky and should have won 

• Haha 5