IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, Super said:

Just a shame Matty couldnt celebrate in front of the 20k travelling gasheads.....

Having lived in Oxford and met a few Utd fans, there's no love for the blue few there. 

Wouldn't Oxford need to build their fourth stand to accommodate all the knuckle-draggers?

With Matty Taylor I seem to remember a sag posting that he was looking forward to sitting down with his warm shandy and watching Man Utd take us apart in our cup final.only to watch 90 minutes of good football and the icing on the cake was the snake popping up with the coup de gras pass to Korey!

That's Karma!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Swede said:

With Matty Taylor I seem to remember a sag posting that he was looking forward to sitting down with his warm shandy and watching Man Utd take us apart in our cup final.

They were ALL doing it mate, don’t listen to any of them who say they weren’t glued to the TV desperately hoping to see us get annihilated.
Proper ruined their Christmas just like in 2000 ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Games in hand, but other teams are picking up points here and there.......they are in real trouble if the teams below win their next 2 or 3 out of 6.

Rovers have a tough run ahead.

Yep; they're up here at P'boro on Tuesday.

London Rd and my house are both in PE2. Will I be allowed to go out for an evening exercise stroll wearing my City shirt? ?

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They were ALL doing it mate, don’t listen to any of them who say they weren’t glued to the TV desperately hoping to see us get annihilated.

Almost as bad as that melt who phoned Talk Sport after the Man City game begging them to remember that there's two teams in Bristol, which just underlined that actually there's only one.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I was actually introduced to one the other day (they are becoming quite rare these days) I had to do the usual checks like;

How many fingers did he have?

Did he have a girlfriend? (sister and grandmother's don't count)

Can he retract his tongue into his mouth?

Unfortunately he didn't pass one of the tests

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Swede said:

Almost as bad as that melt who phoned Talk Sport after the Man City game begging them to remember that there's two teams in Bristol, which just underlined that actually there's only one.

I remember that...And a Man City fan was on next and said the Rovers fan that was previously on was Jealous of Bristol City stating Bristol City was everything they wished to be and should grow up ....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Remember the gashead going on to the Man City forum when we played them, looking for new 'friends'? That ended well.

They're besotted lads, totally besotted.

If it wasn't for the piss take on here, I wouldn't have known they were even playing yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Swede said:

With Matty Taylor I seem to remember a sag posting that he was looking forward to sitting down with his hand shandy and watching Man Utd take us apart in our cup final.only to watch 90 minutes of good football and the icing on the cake was the snake popping up with the coup de gras pass to Korey!

That's Karma!

Just corrected that!

• Haha 4

Awww, the Sags are all coming up with different formations, 442, 532, 118....

But it doesn’t make the blindest bit of difference because their team is full of crap players.

It’s like sticking your hands in shit and smearing it about a bit. It’s still a pile of shit.

Belters. They ain’t coming for us and the penny is dropping over at the village of tents.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Remember that mutant on Radio Bristol being interviewed after they got relegated out the football league  :rofl2br:. Interviewer asks what are you still doing in the ground.

Mutant gashead answers their are city fans outside. Ha ha

They have come out with some corkers.

Up there with some Fewer who called Twentyman to moan that some important Rovers game wasn't on the radio and that the focus was all about City.

Geoff correctly pointed out that he had his radio on the wrong frequency.

• Haha 13

52 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

Awww, the Sags are all coming up with different formations, 442, 532, ...118.

But it doesn’t make the blindest bit of difference because their team is full of crap players.

It’s like sticking your hands in shit and smearing it about a bit. It’s still a pile of shit.

Belters. They ain’t coming for us and the penny is dropping over at the village of tents.

Well they both have sh*t kits in common!

04732337-374E-4AE9-AEE1-AF764882C90C.jpeg

Edited by cider hoss rules
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Absolute ******* morons ????

Given that A$$Hat doesn’t allow the right to reply (can’t have anyone challenging the orthodoxy, can we!) they can get away with palpable nonsense like that every time they commit fingers to keys.

You can practically hear him sobbing and seething as he typed out that screed, and for the amount of salt it comes close to the berk who piped up on the Man City forum during our semifinal and managed to sound bitter even to a set of fans who endured their city rivals hoovering up every trophy going under Sir Alex Ferguson (“Yes, the 82ers may have taken 7.5k to the Etihad but there were 4K Gasheads at Stamford Bridge - and that was just those that went to the game!”)

Surely THE SIXTH RICHEST TEAM IN ENGLAND could have rebuffed the advances of an inconsequential bunch of paupers like Bristol City for their leading goalscorer? It’s almost as if Wael didn’t have inexhaustible wealth and their thick fans were manipulated...

What they fail to comprehend is even if MT had never kicked a ball in anger for City, it was still worth it to poach him just for the visceral reaction from the Scum. But, as @wendyredredrobin rightly pointed out, his assist for Korey alone against Man U to give every Red the most exhilarating high they are ever likely to experience paid the fee back with interest. Taylor is - what? - 30 so unless something remarkable happens in the next few years when he hangs up his boots that will be the most treasured memory of his career; a bloke who was in the fifth tier a couple of years previously putting Ibrahimovic and Pogba to the sword.

You cannot compare it to bumbling around in the non league with the Rent Boys against the might of Alfreton and Braintree. No reasonable person (which counts that lot out, obviously) could hold it against him for ditching them for us, and if he reneged on Oxford while with the Gash then all I can say is karma’s a beeatch - I’m sure they kept a lid on their moral outrage then.

True enough, Taylor didn’t exactly rip up trees during his spell at the Gate but that merely underlines the yawning chasm between the Bristol clubs nowadays.

Unlocking Championship defences is a different kettle of fish to running rings around the s****y Gash backline - their fans are universally agreed that they are utter dog’s eggs at the moment so to claim the presence of a smattering of North Bristol soap dodgers would have intimidated Taylor into not coming back to haunt them is absolutely laughable.

Perhaps COVID-19 and empty grounds is all a grand conspiracy to bring down the 15ers, eh? Never mind, I’m sure those brilliant minds who brought us the vaccine will find a cure for Snakey venom one of these fine days.

Bet Matty is on cloud nine today. Lovely stuff.

• Like 4
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, swanker said:

Pity he did enjoy scoring a few more for us! I’ll always remember him for putting the ball over the bar at Derby when it was easier to score. 

You would... 

I prefer to remember his cross for Brownhill's winner at Brighton and his chip through to Korey Smith, against Manchester Reds. 

Far more enjoyable recollections that bring a miserable, spiteful *****... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

I think in the same number of games this season as Garner, Tisdale has somehow done worse.

That takes some doing, Garner was dog shite.

That can't be statistically correct, can it..? Surely not..? 

If it a direct comparison against the 2 eras, then it's perfectly valid to claim that they were shite then and they are shite now.... 

But surely its not actually possible for their great saviours to even be anywhere close to the laughable efforts of Ben Garner...?