IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Probably the best 300k we have spent in recent years - his goals and assists earned us ten times that, it`s often forgotten how many he got in the early rounds of the LC run.

Add in the comedy factor with the blue few................................

Agreed - Not quite enough to take us up a level but Cracking value for money , good in dressing room apparently and always gave %100, not sure he ever ‘let us down’ tbh

Not sure you can argue with that 

• Like 2

Whilst they seems to enjoy being shit (I assume this is why the accept the lack of on field and off field investment so easily), they always seem to have (in their minds) half a dozen players who could easily play in the Championship.

And if challenged, the claimant will go on to say that they watch a huge amount of Championship football so they know what they are talking about.

I dont want to criticise him nor any other City player who gives all he ca; he left becuase League 1 is his level and we all wish him well at Oxford or any other team so poor they have to blue that lot called gas. His mess up at Villa Park (when we went on to get a season-defining 5-0 thump) will be my sad reflection but several really good ones, like the chip to Smith

22 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That can't be statistically correct, can it..? Surely not..? 

If it a direct comparison against the 2 eras, then it's perfectly valid to claim that they were shite then and they are shite now.... 

But surely its not actually possible for their great saviours to even be anywhere close to the laughable efforts of Ben Garner...? 

Garner 12 pts from 11 games

Tisdale 10pts  from 10 games

Both shite and Tisdale maintaining the consistency

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Haha 3

Was it 5/6 assists first half a season to help keep us up? That alone was worth the fee. Then his goals in that cup run probably paid the fee back a couple times over!

I don’t think his movement was good enough, but he never really got a proper run of 5+ matches to show us what he could properly do.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Garner 12 pts from 11 games

Tisdale 10pts  from 10 games

Both shite and Tisdale maintaining the consistency

I see a lot of parallels with when Hollowhead got sacked - like the dog gobbler he’d been in the job a long time, then he moves on and is replaced with a succession of managers who somehow contrive to be worse than the last one (Gerry Francis, Garry Thompson).

I watched T*tsdale’s post-match interview yesterday and although he made all the right noises about the players knowing their performance was unacceptable, we need to win on Tuesday, you could tell his heart wasn’t really in it. I think he knows he’s a dead man walking, which is remarkable given how little time he’s been in the role.

What a shame.

1 hour ago, swanker said:

Pity he did enjoy scoring a few more for us! I’ll always remember him for putting the ball over the bar at Derby when it was easier to score. 

Oh ok, I remember him scoring in that match...but yeah, like all forwards he didn’t hit the back of the net EVERY time.

He helped keep us up that season so that’s good enough for me.

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Got to love how how he refused to celebrate scoring against his old club, out of respect and admiration for them.....! 

And it’s not as if he posted about it on Instagram, his first post in weeks, either. ;)

on a separate note, Stamford Bridge is practically round the corner from Bristol compared to Manchester. I don’t know why they try to claim their support is better than ours, anyone with eyes to see knows that their fan base is pitifully small for a such a large catchment area. 

1 minute ago, WessexPest said:

And it’s not as if he posted about it on Instagram, his first post in weeks, either. ;)

on a separate note, Stamford Bridge is practically round the corner from Bristol compared to Manchester. I don’t know why they try to claim their support is better than ours, anyone with eyes to see knows that their fan base is pitifully small for a such a large catchment area. 

It's not even that. It's the deluded lies... 

They didn't actually sell out that Chelsea match. They almost did, which is credit to a lower league side to take 4k away on a midweek game, but it wasn't quite a full allocation sell out - yet they like to imply that they'd have sold more, had they been given a bigger allocation. 

They lie. It's what they do. And they all believe each others lies..! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 42104RED said:

That first chance for Rovers when the two lads get in each other’s way. Cracking. 

That first chance for Rovers when the two lads get in each other’s way. Cracking. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They didn't actually sell out that Chelsea match. They almost did, which is credit to a lower league side to take 4k away on a midweek game, but it wasn't quite a full allocation sell out - yet they like to imply that they'd have sold more, had they been given a bigger allocation. 

Didn’t know that - more fool me I suppose, should know better by now than to take anything their grubby fans say at face value.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TomF said:

The assist for Korey was probably worth twice his fee alone.  

That and the fact his signing got the majority of the fan base back onside with the club when knives were being sharpened for LJ meant that it was definitely £300k very well spent.

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

I see a lot of parallels with when Hollowhead got sacked - like the dog gobbler he’d been in the job a long time, then he moves on and is replaced with a succession of managers who somehow contrive to be worse than the last one (Gerry Francis, Garry Thompson).

I watched T*tsdale’s post-match interview yesterday and although he made all the right noises about the players knowing their performance was unacceptable, we need to win on Tuesday, you could tell his heart wasn’t really in it. I think he knows he’s a dead man walking, which is remarkable given how little time he’s been in the role.

What a shame.

Interesting you picked up on that - Don’t know whether it was the same I/v but I heard his post match I/v on Radio Bristol and commented on it yesterday evening in a post

Ge sounded ‘cold’ , barely interested , and totally lacked any sign of enthusiasm or buying into the job with any passion in the slightest

I thought it was awful and if I was a Sag  , would have seriously alarmed me 

oh well never mind ......

???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

That and the fact it got the majority of the fan base back onside with the club when knives were being sharpened for LJ meant that it was definitely £300k very well spent.

Was there 1 single fan sharpening any knives for LJ at the time we were in the quarter finals of the league Cup and riding high in the league..? 

I don't think so..! 

(apart from those that were bitter about his appointment and never wanted to accept him anyway) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Was there 1 single fan sharpening any knives for LJ at the time we were in the quarter finals of the league Cup and riding high in the league..? 

I don't think so..! 

(apart from those that were bitter about his appointment and never wanted to accept him anyway) 

Poor wording from me, I meant signing Taylor at the end of January 2017, when we’d lost 8 league games on the trot, took sone heat of the club and LJ.

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's not even that much of a credit really...less than 2 hours by train..you could leave Bristol at 4.30 and make KO, PL team that they haven't played for years. I would imagine Exeter, certainly Plymouth, Newport would match those numbers. Full of shit the lot of em ?‍♂️

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TomF said:

The assist for Korey was probably worth twice his fee alone.  

A wonderfully incisive through-ball just when a promising attack appeared to have fizzled out - and against the reigning Europa League champions, no less.

Not to mention that on the opposing team was a certain player who cost close to £90 million and yet did absolutely nothing all night.

Edited by WessexPest

5 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

A wonderfully incisive through-ball just when a promising attack appeared to have fizzled out - and against the reigning Europa League champions, no less.

Not to mention that on the opposing team was a certain player who cost close to £90 million and yet did absolutely nothing all night.

It took him until the morning to find his way out of Marlon Pack`s pocket.

1 hour ago, Red Shadow said:

It was Dave Penny, Paul Buckle, Mark McGee and John Ward. They all built the legendary team that became known as Non League Bristol Rovers. I'd buy them all a drink. ?

Dave "bad" Penney was my favourite from that lot. A cracking 15% win ration and he never managed a league club again. 

Now sporting director at Conference North, York City.

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Dave "bad" Penney was my favourite from that lot. A cracking 15% win ration and he never managed a league club again. 

Now sporting director at Conference North, York City.

Well, at least he moved on to bigger and better things then...

• Haha 4