IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

41 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Dave "bad" Penney was my favourite from that lot. A cracking 15% win ration and he never managed a league club again. 

Now sporting director at Conference North, York City.

I'm sure I remember there were some strange allegations floating around about the theft of a VCR after Penney's departure from the Sags?

Or did I dream that? ?

7 minutes ago, BS3City said:

I'm sure I remember there were some strange allegations floating around about the theft of a VCR after Penney's departure from the Sags?

Or did I dream that? ?

It was a VHS cassette of Gas highlights from that season.   Penney recorded Gone With The Wind over the unused final three hours of the tape...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

It's not even that much of a credit really...less than 2 hours by train..you could leave Bristol at 4.30 and make KO, PL team that they haven't played for years. I would imagine Exeter, certainly Plymouth, Newport would match those numbers. Full of shit the lot of em ?‍♂️

Also, they played Chelsea at the end of August or the beginning of September, not comparable to going up to Manchester just after Christmas. Besides, we still sold our allocation out. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Regarding Matt Taylor, we have certainly spent more than £300k on players that were less effective for us.

I still think the most telling thing was that they thought he was just a finisher, but he had more to his game when he played with better players.

Good point - how much did we spaff on Steve Torpey in ‘97? Pretty sure it was more than the Taylor fee and that proved to be a poor signing (granted the injury he picked up on his debut at Grimsby didn’t exactly help).

4 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Also, they played Chelsea at the end of August or the beginning of September, not comparable to going up to Manchester just after Christmas. Besides, we still sold our allocation out. 

Train would’ve been an option for them as well. There’s a 23:30 departure from Paddington on weekdays that comes through Bristol.

Our game against Man City was one of four away fixtures in 19 days right after Christmas. Obviously the LC Semi was always going to be the best attended but we also sold out our trip to Aston Villa, took 1500 to Watford for the FA Cup 3rd round and 500 to Derby on a Friday night for a Sky televised match.

It infuriates me when our own fans slate our away support. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Bless their little hearts complaining that Snakey’s second goal was offside...

So for ease, I’ve highlighted the ball, the chap who played the ball and the last defender.

The sprung that offside trap well!

A799E4F0-A2D6-4E0C-B99C-970A9C9CCEDB.jpeg

Knowing them they’re probably gearing up for a lengthy legal battle right now in an attempt to get the result overturned.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Bless their little hearts complaining that Snakey’s second goal was offside...

So for ease, I’ve highlighted the ball, the chap who played the ball and the last defender.

The sprung that offside trap well!

A799E4F0-A2D6-4E0C-B99C-970A9C9CCEDB.jpeg

Unfortunately they use gaslogic so this image is wasted on the pea brains

14 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Poor wording from me, I meant signing Taylor at the end of January 2017, when we’d lost 8 league games on the trot, took sone heat of the club and LJ.

Ah right, yes. 

Still one of the funniest things that's ever happened. Absolute masterclass in taking the piss..! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ah right, yes. 

Still one of the funniest things that's ever happened. Absolute masterclass in taking the piss..! 

Absolutely.  How could a player worth £10 million according to Gaslogic really only be worth £300k.  Just like 20k fans locked out is no more than 20 fans in the real world and the richest owner in the world is just a skint Arab.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Absolutely.  How could a player worth £10 million according to Gaslogic really only be worth £300k.  Just like 20k fans locked out is no more than 20 fans in the real world and the richest owner in the world is just a skint Arab.

I remember at the time they were spouting ridiculous wages he was on here. The worst I saw 20k a week hahaha. They were fabricating lies to make themselves feel better as they do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Knowing them they’re probably gearing up for a lengthy legal battle right now in an attempt to get the result overturned.

Nah.

They will "present their case"; then the magistrates will sit there, roll their eyes and mutter "not again", before exclaiming "case dismissed !!"

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Imagine Jon L making that call to the sags, 'we would like to bid £300,000.01' while laughing his head off! 

I always like the idea that this conversation may have taken place... 

JL - Hello Wally, I understand the MT has a release clause. What is it, so we can consider a bid..? 

WAQ - it's a secret Jon. You have no idea and as long as you don't know it, you can't get him ha ha ha. 

JL - OK... I bid £200k..?

WAQ - NO! Ha ha ha. 

JL - OK. £300k...?

WAQ - oh FFS..! I'll send him over... 

JL - WTF...?! I was only taking the piss, to waste your time... I had the thumbs up to bid upto £1.5million.

WAQ - yeah, like anyone actually has a million pounds in real life... All you need is a 15k watch and people just assume you're a millionaire. But nobody actually is.... Are they..?! 

JL - ?

Dave, get on with designing some piss take posters please. 

Something like "Welcome to Bristol" should go down well....! 

• Haha 6

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I bet if you went on slagchat now someone will have suggested it.

Last time I looked they were talking about trying for Jordan Rhodes on loan ????

So extremely likely !

Their appears to be internal disgruntlement and bickering as it appears the mods (What a bunch of clowns they are on that forum) have been banning a number of their own for criticising Wael and the regime ???

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/17386/question-moderators-open

It’s like a little bit of North Korea in Filton

( You may laugh , but it has consequences as most of them will be related )

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Last time I looked they were talking about trying for Jordan Rhodes on loan ????

So extremely likely !

Their appears to be internal disgruntlement and bickering as it appears the mods (What a bunch of clowns they are on that forum) have been banning a number of their own for criticising Wael and the regime ???

Did you read the second last post on Page 2? Apparently OTIB is owned by the club and whole threads are removed at it`s direction.

Proof - no-one who`s not a member can see the transfer forum!

They get more and more deluded by the day - do they really think that if OTIB was run by the club all the Mark Ashton stuff would be allowed? Laughable!

13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Did you read the second last post on Page 2? Apparently OTIB is owned by the club and whole threads are removed at it`s direction.

Proof - no-one who`s not a member can see the transfer forum!

They get more and more deluded by the day - do they really think that if OTIB was run by the club all the Mark Ashton stuff would be allowed? Laughable!

Deluded doesn’t even touch it does it

I wonder if there’s another Club In the Football World , that produces a laugh a minute 

Timeless enjoyment 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

So extremely likely !

The moderators are hilarious over there. Any sniff of a view and they ban people.

I have absolutely no idea what their reasoning is, fair enough they might not want City fans on there, telling them what they already know, but the Fewers we have on here are generally made welcome, but then I don't suppose we have the insecurity of being part of the blue shite brigade.