IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, TomF said:

I would suggest Outsider remove his comments to be honest, they're completely poppycock. 

Yes there are hidden forums from guests, its to encourage people to sign up and contribute.   The club have only ever asked to remove 2 threads on here, both were libel.  The club don't own this place or have any say it in. Part subsidised by Clik and part funded by the SC&T - we run it at costs and costs only. 

Have that blue few.

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They are going to really go for it this time, they are getting Giuliani to represent them.

That would be quite fitting actually - not only is RG a highly objectionable character but he also had a very public embarrassing episode with Gas recently...

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The moderators are hilarious over there. Any sniff of a view and they ban people.

Any sniff of a view is right, Rob. According to one of their mods, Gashead1981: “We always try to reach a consensus and would usually seek 3 mods opinion on the matter to ban someone unless there was a fragrant break of the rules”.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Good point - how much did we spaff on Steve Torpey in ‘97? Pretty sure it was more than the Taylor fee and that proved to be a poor signing (granted the injury he picked up on his debut at Grimsby didn’t exactly help).

I thought he injured himself crawling across the Severn Bridge to sign for us

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TomF said:

I would suggest Outsider remove his comments to be honest, they're completely poppycock. 

Yes there are hidden forums from guests, its to encourage people to sign up and contribute.   The club have only ever asked to remove 2 threads on here, both were libel.  That's in the 17 odd years I've been looking after things. The club don't own this place or have any say it in. Part subsidised by Clik and part funded by the SC&T - we run it at costs and costs only. 

You`ve touched a nerve over there mate - the knobhead is now saying he only posted it as a joke and didn`t reeeeeeeeealy mean it.

On 13/01/2021 at 19:03, PHILINFRANCE said:

I'm going off at a complete tangent here, but does anybody remember the old Hofbrauhaus in Bristol back in the 1970s?

The rumour was that, rather than being imported in barrels from Germany, their beer was made by adding sparkling water to a powder/starter to make the 'infamous' beer.

Is there any truth to this or is it simply one of many apocryphallies from my youth? 

Remember the Hofbrauhaus very well. As for the beer I wouldn't know as I was too pissed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin

Some Rovers fan called "outsidehitter30" posted the below, it is actually very funny how many things they have got wrong in one paragraph, but then claim it as fact.

image.png

Just to clear up, and I am sure someone from Gaschat will read this and hopefully update "outsidehitter30" as unlike Gaschat we let supporters from other clubs post on here and have a number of Rovers fans that post on here, pretty sad that no City supporters even get approved;

OTIB is an independent forum

Once signed up you can see ALL threads

This forum is not owned by the club

It is very clear that we never "squash" complete threads,especially aimed at the Lansdown family

20 hours ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

I thought he injured himself crawling across the Severn Bridge to sign for us

Wasn't it something along the lines of 'crawling over broken glass' to come and play for us?  I'm sure our medical team would've missed that as well....

• Haha 1