IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

PETA?

Promotion Ever Trailing Away?

6 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I’d go for Pompous, Embittered, Tedious, Assholes!

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

pikey embezzlers take anything

2 hours ago, Fatknacker said:

Permanently Erect Pounding Away

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Preternaturally Enormous Travelling Army.

(Lock up yer car parks)

2 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Perennially Exaggerating Their Attendances

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Prowed & emanating toxic aromas

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Pirates Empty Transfer Account ?

4 hours ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Pissing Everything Tented Away

I’m loving this - like an episode of Mock the Week ... I’ll go for “Penrice even turned away” ...

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 11:45, BTRFTG said:

I know who the first substitute was but not who City's first sub was. Any ideas?

Going off at a tangent, but do you know who was the first player to score a goal at Wembley (almost 100 years ago)?

And, my late father's favourite. 

Do you know who scored the second goal?

No need to search on Google, it is a gentle tease. 

59 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Going off at a tangent, but do you know who was the first player to score a goal at Wembley (almost 100 years ago)?

And, my late father's favourite. 

Do you know who scored the second goal?

No need to search on Google, it is a gentle tease. 

I'm old, but not that old.

Is it a trick question, something like the groundsman putting the nets up?

Couldn't even recall the name of the kid who scored the first at the new Wembley, though recall that was some youth exhibition fixture.

I know the 'White Horse' Final was in the early years of the old Wembley but not sure it was the first fixture and no ideal who scored were it so. Only trivia I recall is I think the horse was called 'Billy' who along with 'Pickles' are the only footy related animals I can think of.

12 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Couldn't even recall the name of the kid who scored the first at the new Wembley, though recall that was some youth exhibition fixture.

I know the 'White Horse' Final was in the early years of the old Wembley but not sure it was the first fixture and no ideal who scored were it so. Only trivia I recall is I think the horse was called 'Billy' who along with 'Pickles' are the only footy related animals I can think of.

image.png.a16e4c6d642fe2f53653e48b59b09dd8.pngDon't forget World Cup Willie!

13 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

It was not a trick question, just one item of trivia I picked up in my early years.

The goal(s) to which I referred were, indeed, scored in the first ever (1923) FA Cup Final at Wembley, known as you say as The White Horse (Billie) final, although, like you, I have no idea who scored the first goal at the new Wembley.

Re. animals, however, if you can recall 'Pickles', you must surely remember this famous lion. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It was not a trick question, just one item of trivia I picked up in my early years.

The goal(s) to which I referred were, indeed, scored in the first ever (1923) FA Cup Final at Wembley, known as you say as The White Horse (Billie) final, although, like you, I have no idea who scored the first goal at the new Wembley.

Re. animals, however, if you can recall 'Pickles', you must surely remember this famous lion. 

I had to check that it was indeed Lonnie Donegan, memories ?

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ah, was the cup final really the first ever game there - I didn't realise that? I know Bolton won but no idea who was in their side.

Of the 66 World Cup and animals, my fav trivia is why it was White City hosted the one game (oft forgotten as one of the venues?) Wembley's owners thought the competition insignificant and refused to cancel the long-standing greyhound meeting that took preference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

56 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Ah, was the cup final really the first ever game there - I didn't realise that? I know Bolton won but no idea who was in their side.

Of the 66 World Cup and animals, my fav trivia is why it was White City hosted the one game (oft forgotten as one of the venues?) Wembley's owners thought the competition insignificant and refused to cancel the long-standing greyhound meeting that took preference.

Well, Well, I never knew that - Uruguay vs France, with 45,000 fans.

Inconceivable that something like that might happen today.

Of course, whilst I didn't doubt you, I had to look it up, and also found this trivia about White City.

The stadium was the location of a famous public outburst by Ray Davies of The Kinks during a July 1973 performance. Davies swore onstage, and at the show's conclusion, as pretaped music played on the sound system, declared his retirement from the group. He subsequently collapsed after a drug overdose and was rushed to hospital. He would eventually recover and return to recording with The Kinks.

I used to love The Kinks, and Ray Davies was also a great writer.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

On a more sombre note

I see one of their regular posters , and one who challenged the Club regularly , much to many’s consternation over there

‘ Gasincider ‘ (Real name Brian Williams) has passed away at RUH after contracting CoVid 

Supported the gas from early 70s and travelled home and away 

Very Sad

RIP Brian 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 5
  • Sad 7

14 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

On a more sombre note

I see one of their regular posters , and one who challenged the Club regularly , much to many’s consternation over there

‘ Gasincider ‘ (Real name Brian Williams) has passed away at RUH after contracting CoVid 

Supported the gas from early 70s and travelled home and away 

Very Sad

RIP Brian 

RIP fellow football fan.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Well, Well, I never knew that - Uruguay vs France, with 45,000 fans.

Inconceivable that something like that might happen today.

Of course, whilst I didn't doubt you, I had to look it up, and also found this trivia about White City.

I used to love The Kinks, and Ray Davies was also a great writer.

I could have sworn it was France v Mexico, obviously wrong .

Ain’t cheered me up because I’m ******* fuming with our performance. However , a good mate of mine (gas ) sent laughing emojis by text and a message saying donkey Derby . Typical of those ***** , he’s more elated with us losing than those Neanderthals being in a relegation dog fight in a refugee camp ravaged by high winds and lost to Rochdale ******* ROCHDALE ???

• Like 2

Our performance today was atrocious, I have serious concerns about our tactics, lack of direction, too many midfield players, strikers that can't shoot let alone score, the manager, etc etc etc. Yes it is pretty grim and a tad worrying all round. However I can honestly say that I am absolutely ******* DELIGHTED that those ***** have lost to the might of Rochdale today.

ROCHDALE MIND!!!

COYR!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1