IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

47 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ain’t cheered me up because I’m ******* fuming with our performance. However , a good mate of mine (gas ) sent laughing emojis by text and a message saying donkey Derby . Typical of those ***** , he’s more elated with us losing than those Neanderthals being in a relegation dog fight in a refugee camp ravaged by high winds and lost to Rochdale ******* ROCHDALE ???

Any Rovers fan who's sending his City supporting mate a piss taking message, must be an even bigger moron than I've given the rest of them credit for..!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

Losing again, but STILL not in the bottom four.

Some dreadful sides below them.

10 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

You wouldn't think it possible, would you, but there's FOUR of the ******* !

Sadly I think this will be the case. 

Dire Rovers will survive, due to the shambles of shite below them. 

“We’re going down Geoff”

Cheered me up after a bad day at the office.

They might call us “The Shit”, but they truly are shit and their usually buoyant, deluded and dwindling following are starting to prepare for life back in League 2.

Also, when Tisdale was asked if they were likely to get any signings in before the transfer window shuts he pretty much confirmed that there would be no new faces at the cess pit of tents.

Goodnight Irene.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Well, at least the 2015ers seem to have finally accepted that Wally Al-Qaeda is not a billionaire.

Still think he is close to being a "half billionaire", though !! :rofl2br:IMG_2427.thumb.PNG.6724f943bde3493e8aa29b3d9d9e9df9.PNG

They haven't "got it" atall..! 

They think their owner is worth 400 million..? 

As I understood it, he had some sahre of a bank (A Bank) that was only worth 400 million..! 

His personal net worth is something in the region of abou 15-20 million, isn't it..? 

Far richer than I'll ever dream of being, granted... But then I don't own a football club that heamoriging money, or claim that I could have bought pretty much any club in the land..! 

Their delusion stems FAR deeper then thinking he's a billionaire. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

Well, at least the 2015ers seem to have finally accepted that Wally Al-Qaeda is not a billionaire.

Still think he is close to being a "half billionaire", though !! :rofl2br:IMG_2427.thumb.PNG.6724f943bde3493e8aa29b3d9d9e9df9.PNG

Hilarious. They’ve been taken for a ride by a complete and utter charlatan. As if a true billionaire would see potential in a bunch of sewer rats. Almost a 419 scam.

14 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Hilarious. They’ve been taken for a ride by a complete and utter charlatan. As if a true billionaire would see potential in a bunch of sewer rats. Almost a 419 scam.

It's almost as if they are some sort of performance art or long term installation project by the KLF

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

It's almost as if they are some sort of performance art or long term installation project by the KLF

I`ve been saying this for years but surely even Drummond and Cauty couldn`t have dreamed the circus that is NLBRFC could they? I think it could be more like the mice in HHGTTG though.

they have some core fans like us of 6-7000 but the other 13/14000 jumped on the Lansdown/Bristol sport band wagon and were sold a dream of prem/European football which predictably has never materialised and its prob those that moan the most

Ah yes, because before lansdown or Bristol Sport we were averaging 6/7k weren’t we...

1 hour ago, pommers1965 said:

In fairness the majority of comments on that thread seem quite sensible. One or two even hitting the nail on the head...

Then you get this crayon chewing roaster talking about us being ‘petrified’ of them ‘catching us’.

rememberhalifax
Club Legend
17 minutes ago

Nowt wrong with having a look at other clubs forums, good to see how things are in the wider football community IMHO. Back in the day you could sit in the stand at Eastville and chat to visiting fans which i always used to enjoy.
As for tother mob,(and this may not go down to well on here!) well they have some core fans like us of 6-7000 but the other 13/14000 jumped on the Lansdown/Bristol sport band wagon and were sold a dream of prem/European football which predictably has never materialised and its prob those that moan the most, there is also ,i think, growing resentment that the Rugby club have taken centre stage and have become the main focus of national attention there and seem to attract the most investment. That investment is understandable as Bristol Rugby has always been a big player in the game where as the football club , despite what there fans may believe, are seen as minor players in the sport. The football club do not attract the best players and even the ones who become same tend to move on. Its the same with Managers, there fans expected Pep, Klopp. and co to come knocking at the door but were chastened when not even lesser men like Houghton fell over themselves to get the job. To an outsiders like us they seem to hold there own in the championship in a nice stadium what's to moan about? for all there wealth they still seem petrified that we are going to catch them soon , after all we are only one promotion or relegation behind them and i think it is this which scares them the most .bring it on!
Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 10

10 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

they have some core fans like us of 6-7000 but the other 13/14000 jumped on the Lansdown/Bristol sport band wagon and were sold a dream of prem/European football which predictably has never materialised and its prob those that moan the most

Ah yes, because before lansdown or Bristol Sport we were averaging 6/7k weren’t we...

In the last 120 years we’ve averaged below 10k in 27 seasons.

In the last 100 years they’ve averaged below 10k in 63 seasons.

So clearly this Sagheads theory about us only having higher attendances because of Lansdown is bollocks. Yes new/redeveloped stadiums boost crowds but in our case it wasn’t by 14,000.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In the last 120 years we’ve averaged below 10k in 27 seasons.

In the last 100 years they’ve averaged below 10k in 63 seasons.

So clearly this Sagheads theory about us only having higher attendances because of Lansdown is bollocks. Yes new/redeveloped stadiums boost crowds but in our case it wasn’t by 14,000.

In the last 30 years we’ve averaged under 10k in 3 seasons. 

In the last 30 years they’ve averaged under 10k every season.

But of course, we have a similar core support don’t we...

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

In the last 30 years we’ve averaged under 10k in 3 seasons. 

In the last 30 years they’ve averaged under 10k every season.

But of course, we have a similar core support don’t we...

That made them look good 

Its been 44 seasons in a row under 10k

It was way back in 1976 when they last got over 10k  (10,022) 

That wasnt a bad year for us if i remember correct 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

In fairness the majority of comments on that thread seem quite sensible. One or two even hitting the nail on the head...

Then you get this crayon chewing roaster talking about us being ‘petrified’ of them ‘catching us’.

rememberhalifax
Club Legend
17 minutes ago

Nowt wrong with having a look at other clubs forums, good to see how things are in the wider football community IMHO. Back in the day you could sit in the stand at Eastville and chat to visiting fans which i always used to enjoy.
As for tother mob,(and this may not go down to well on here!) well they have some core fans like us of 6-7000 but the other 13/14000 jumped on the Lansdown/Bristol sport band wagon and were sold a dream of prem/European football which predictably has never materialised and its prob those that moan the most, there is also ,i think, growing resentment that the Rugby club have taken centre stage and have become the main focus of national attention there and seem to attract the most investment. That investment is understandable as Bristol Rugby has always been a big player in the game where as the football club , despite what there fans may believe, are seen as minor players in the sport. The football club do not attract the best players and even the ones who become same tend to move on. Its the same with Managers, there fans expected Pep, Klopp. and co to come knocking at the door but were chastened when not even lesser men like Houghton fell over themselves to get the job. To an outsiders like us they seem to hold there own in the championship in a nice stadium what's to moan about? for all there wealth they still seem petrified that we are going to catch them soon , after all we are only one promotion or relegation behind them and i think it is this which scares them the most .bring it on!

Of all the things that keep me up at night re City, and there are a lot I grant you, the Rent Boys catching us ranks an emphatic last on that list.

Indeed, bring on their relegation! :)

If you’re going to use the wrong “too” and “their” then make sure your logic at least is impeccable. Suffice it to say this doesn’t hold up.

He does have something of a point with regards to the rugger buggerz, that I’ll grant him.

• Like 1

Rovers' crowds are shit in part because "their" ground is shit. But "their" ground is shit, because their crowd is shit.

And so it has ever been thus, and goes on.

Meanwhile, City’s crowd is bigger because our ground is better. And - you guessed it - our ground is better, because our crowd is bigger.

This is complex, and a bit difficult for yer common-garden Gas munter to grasp.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

Of all the things that keep me up at night re City, and there are a lot I grant you, the Rent Boys catching us ranks an emphatic last on that list.

Indeed, bring on their relegation! :)

If you’re going to use the wrong “too” and “their” then make sure your logic at least is impeccable. Suffice it to say this doesn’t hold up.

He does have something of a point with regards to the rugger buggerz, that I’ll grant him.

They’re the only fanbase I’ve ever known who actually revel in being shit. It’s the most tinpot nonsense imaginable...the whole “ha ha, you could be playing us next season if we go up/you go down, how embarrassing for you...” ?

Bloody hell...

It wasn’t that long ago we were a division below Yeovil, I don’t know what their excuse is for not being able to get above us in the League anytime in the last 2 decades?

At least 5 current National League sides have been above us since the Gas last managed it.