IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

One particular beaut over at sag city desires "Someone from abroad;Portugal/Spain or Yugoslavian".......☺

I'd say time-travelling football managers do not 'come cheap!

Maybe not.

But when he arrives from 1991, his haircut, shit clothes and attitudes towards people of a different race will fit in perfectly with the Roasters on the terraces at the Mem.

HeZ 100 pEr senT GAS” they’ll write all over Facebook.

• Haha 4

Surely they'll try to persuade Holloway to come back? Would be very popular choice with their fans who see him as a legend, despite the fact that apart from sneaking Blackpool into the top flight, he's been pretty hapless everywhere else (including of course relegating them AND QPR in the same season - the first manager to achieve this double relegation feat).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

Surely they'll try to persuade Holloway to come back? Would be very popular choice with their fans who see him as a legend, despite the fact that apart from sneaking Blackpool into the top flight, he's been pretty hapless everywhere else (including of course relegating them AND QPR in the same season - the first manager to achieve this double relegation feat).

He got QPR promoted, didn't he?

(I obviously still regard him as a shitstained village idiot)

39 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

We've got an unwanted manager they can have for free!

No compensation needed. In fact, I'll stump up the bus fare to Horefield out of my own funds.

All joking aside, that's probably the highest level he should be earning his spurs at, not the Championship!

That will no doubt make it's way on to slagchat but it's true. 

• Like 1

My bad on an earlier comment re. racist message sent to Mark Little 

Interviewed on Radio Bristol just now he said the source of the abuse was Eastern Europe. 

Who ever sends these messages are morons. 

Social media platforms should be held responsible for their content, you couldn't make comments like this in the written press. 

Edited by myol'man

1 hour ago, Redsi2 said:

Surely the rovers will go down the cheapest option which is to give the job to someone already at the club so they don't have the extra expense of employing a third manager of the season 

No chance will they do the cheap option 

Gas mate text me hour ago

Club has no debt as wally paid it all off 

10m training ground being built No need to go cheap!!

• Sad 1

Apparently, Swindon's goalkeeper (on loan from Bournemouth) has been recalled and they need an urgent replacement for Saturday for their match against Rovers.

The word on one of their (Rovers) forums is that we are going to loan them JoJo W - I can't really see it, but just imagine if he plays a blinder and keeps a clean sheet.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Apparently, Swindon's goalkeeper (on loan from Bournemouth) has been recalled and they need an urgent replacement for Saturday for their match against Rovers.

The word on one of their (Rovers) forums is that we are going to loan them JoJo W - I can't really see it, but just imagine if he plays a blinder and keeps a clean sheet.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that after the Matty Taylor transfer, they said that no deals would be done between them and us?