Tommy Widdrington - 4/7

Lee Mansell - 6/1

Joey Barton - 8/1

Ian Holloway - 12/1

Byron Anthony - 14/1

Nigel Adkins - 16/1

Tony Pulis - 16/1

Chris Powell - 20/1

Strangely if you go a little lower, a friend of mine is about 22/1 at some places. He manages one of the women's teams.

I asked him if he was applying and he said Wali speaks to him often and seems to rate him. "stranger things have happened" he said

13 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

No chance will they do the cheap option 

Gas mate text me hour ago

Club has no debt as wally paid it all off 

10m training ground being built No need to go cheap!!

£10 million, the Bears one only cost £11 Million and have you seen that up to the Sunday League shed they are building.

You couldn't make it up. Oh yeah sorry they could.

15 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Surely the rovers will go down the cheapest option which is to give the job to someone already at the club so they don't have the extra expense of employing a third manager of the season 

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

I've had a word with Sunday League Dave from the Dog & Duck FC and he says he'll do it for £60 a week, providing he doesn't have to hold up that bloody embarrassing scarf when he's announced. Can't work Saturdays either, 'cause he's on shifts then.

Actually, scrub that. He's probably overqualified for the job, thinking about the Garner appointment.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 17:21, Kodjias Wrist said:

I think they expected Tisdale because it was more of a Lansdown appointment, you know the type that has no experience in the second tier. Also Warnocks record speaks for itself so yes surely most City fans would have had warnock over tisdale a few years back.

I never wanted Warnock anywhere near us. Pulis was bad enough.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PhilC said:

"1 enemy inside the tent is worse than 10,000 outside the tent"  ?

80%....

Do you drive..? Yes. 

Are you a convicted canine abuser..? Not recently. 

Can you count to 11..?1,2,3,4,7,6,5,8,9,10,16.... Almost, yes.

Do you prefer us or City..? Always loved Rovers. Not sure who City are. 

Do you know much about football and more specifically the division that we are competing in..? No. 

He ticks most of the boxes. Let's go with him ?

14 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Apparently, Swindon's goalkeeper (on loan from Bournemouth) has been recalled and they need an urgent replacement for Saturday for their match against Rovers.

The word on one of their (Rovers) forums is that we are going to loan them JoJo W - I can't really see it, but just imagine if he plays a blinder and keeps a clean sheet.

Well Agent Jojoja has signed for Swindon on loan , so that should be interesting.

Edited by E.G.Red

28 minutes ago, PhilC said:

"1 enemy inside the tent is worse than 10,000 outside the tent"  ?

So the Director of Football says the recruitment was right, that they have a good squad and the managers have got 80% of what they wanted.
I'm thinking the managers asked for 8 cups of tea and 2 new players, got their tea didn't they? 

He has really thrown the last two managers under the Bus. As he would have been involved in recruitment he seems to be laying the whole blame on Garner and Tisdale, which is fine. Puts a lot of pressure on him as temporary manager and the new bloke to get results. 
Big game Saturday, if they don't win it really could mean trouble. I hope our own Jojo Woolacott has a very good game.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

So the Director of Football says the recruitment was right, that they have a good squad and the managers have got 80% of what they wanted.
I'm thinking the managers asked for 8 cups of tea and 2 new players, got their tea didn't they? 

He has really thrown the last two managers under the Bus. As he would have been involved in recruitment he seems to be laying the whole blame on Garner and Tisdale, which is fine. Puts a lot of pressure on him as temporary manager and the new bloke to get results. 
Big game Saturday, if they don't win it really could mean trouble. I hope our own Jojo Woolacott has a very good game.

"I can tell you now, every single person in this,er....operation are heading in the same direction............"

Er, which direction is that, Whitterington ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Jojo to play a blinder and save a penalty as the Gas slump to yet another defeat and sink further into the drop zone.  Those are the headlines I want to see.

Though taking points from Watford is more important, of course.

Well you can almost guarantee that they will get a penalty....its what they do.

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

• Haha 1

neilv93 said:
theduke said:
This is a family club. Always has been, always should be.

I’d much rather hold onto that identity than a League One status. 

Joey Barton should not even be under consideration.

This 'family club' racially abused a Dartford goalkeeper and punched a police horse. Not sure what moral high-horse you're sitting on that makes you believe we're any better or different from other clubs but we're the same as everyone else. 

And? Just because we have a fringe element of absolute losers that follow us doesn't mean that we're not a community club at heart. Don't give me that old pony about our club being the same as everybody else's. Our community trust has done outstanding work to ensure that this club remains accessible to its fanbase. If you think otherwise go and compare the work we do in the community to that of those in the Premier League, or even the Championship. 
Edited by RedRaw

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm sorry. I can't get past the bit where he says 'the infrastructure here is excellent' without falling on the floor laughing! WTAF???

Is that what he said after that then?

• Like 1