IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Dopey has been doing a passable job up here but the Saddlers fans I've spoken to aren't particularly keen on him. There have been far too many draws and their style football isn't that great. They are a tough side to beat though. 

My feeling is that he won't be massively missed. 

I can't imagine him leaving Walsall when his job wasn't under threat unless he had something lined up and that move would have to be a convincing move for him. 

Given that he hasn't done a great deal post Sags I can't see him in line for a bigger move so a return to the Poo Camp would seem the only realistic option. 

That or a new role as head of puppy welfare at the Kenilworth Dogs Trust? 

Regarding the sags; not sure if anyone's seen this: Bristol Rovers' stance over Joey Barton revealed as ex-Motherwell manager is also considered - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Another option they're looking at is former Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson as an alternative to Barton. 

Robinson is, just like Tisdale, a former City player. Seem to recall him being on loan to us under Wilson.

Imagine, agent Tisdale gets them in this position and agent Robinson finishes off the job! It might even be better than when they got relegated from the football league whilst wearing their own kit.

Well...nothing could be quite as embarrassing as that...

Playing the Gas next year in a league game.

What have we got to show for the last 20 years?

If I was a gas head, I’d be pissing myself. They know they’ve got **** all and have been to the brink and back.

All of Steve’s promises and all we’ve done is bounce between div2/3.

Were getting a conference centre mind!

Well, not the club as such, but still...

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

If I was a gas head, I’d be pissing myself. They know they’ve got **** all and have been to the brink and back.

Playing rovers,Swindon oxford,Plymouth.maybe Exeter...bring it on 

• Robin 1

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Right. So we're shit and they're waaaay more shit. Nope, I suspect you'll find they remain as bitter and twisted as they have been for the past twenty years. 

Rovers win, City lose! Singin the blues! Well it's been a long time, nice for them to have a moment occasionally. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Back to the lower end of L1? Big ******* deal...well done them ?

Piss themselves as much as they want, they’re still playing in front of tents after claiming to be the 6th richest club in England.

Weve done nothing in 20 years and they’ve still managed to spend the entire time below us when clubs like Yeovil, Colchester, Stevenage, Fleetwood etc have managed get above us at one time or another.

At least if we do get relegated we’ll help them fill their tiny ground for once.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Sarcasm @BS4 on Tour...sadly our woes are almost too many to count :facepalm:

It didn’t seem like sarcasm to me - but fair enough - although I don’t think our woes are that numerous - we’ve got the stadium, the training ground, the academy, the squad, the fanbase - we just need SL to appoint the right guy who can exploit that amazing platform - over recent years it has obviously been too much to ask for us to hire a proven, experienced, successful guy at this level ... we just won’t do it - and until we do I find it amazing that people on here seem to expect success ...

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It didn’t seem like sarcasm to me - but fair enough - although I don’t think our woes are that numerous - we’ve got the stadium, the training ground, the academy, the squad, the fanbase - we just need SL to appoint the right guy who can exploit that amazing platform - over recent years it has obviously been too much to ask for us to hire a proven, experienced, successful guy at this level ... we just won’t do it - and until we do I find it amazing that people on here seem to expect success ...

Whilst I share your sentiments BS4, who is available and may be willing to work for us at the present time?

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst I share your sentiments BS4, who is available and may be willing to work for us at the present time?

This question is asked many times every time we have a vacancy - we’ve had chances to snap up proven, successful guys over the last decade - it’s clear we’ve interviewed names who would fit that description but we’ve always seemed to plump for the inexperienced, nice blokes who are cutting their teeth at this level. There seems to be something about our senior management structure that puts off the proven, successful names so we offer the role to those who are keen to take their first steps in management at this level ... internal change is needed at more levels than just the Head Coach role ...