IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 hours ago, Eastend said:

We’ve lost 1 game less than Bournemouth and they are in the play offs. Things could be worse. Most of the people on this forum are acting like we are in turmoil and the club are going to go bust. 

yes we’ve lost the last 6 or 7 games, but remember this squad or players is the same squad that won 4 in a row at the start of the season...

Pardon me Eastend but when's the parade for "we've only got one win less than Bournemouth." What nonsense.

Last time I checked we also had 8 more losses. You do realise that we have 16 losses this season; more than Sheffield Wednesday who are in the relegation zone? 

The gas are pathetic and everyone has known this for years. They are not a serious football club. We've been begging for progression and promotion but this is, in my personal opinion, a big part of what holds us back. I don't think I ever see Nottingham Forest fans talk about Notts County or Stoke talk about Port Vale despite the other constantly talking about the latter, why's that? Because the gap is so large that they're not seen as even worth bothering with. Like yes I remember a time when things were worse but I don't care, I don't like the sags will be happy going down because "oh well at least we're not in the conference anymore." Everything is relative. We have the potential to be doing much, much better than what we're doing now and instead we're happy with being a middle-table Championship club because "oh at least the gas are rubbish." Like we'll get pounded 6-0 but it's like "oh well I mean it's Watford and Rovers lost 6-1 so it's not that bad." Like obviously, success is relative if Arsenal got relegated they'd be a lot more unhappy than we would be if we finished 9th. 

23 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I don't think I ever see Nottingham Forest fans talk about Notts County or Stoke talk about Port Vale despite the other constantly talking about the latter, why's that? Because the gap is so large that they're not seen as even worth bothering with. 

Forest fans were very happy when County dropped into non league and there was a lengthy thread about it on their forum. However, most Forest fans seem to consider Derby as their main rivals.

Stoke also hate Port Vale and take the piss at every opportunity.

The big difference is that neither Notts County or Port Vale are as big of a Circus as the Sags. It’s not our fault if they insist on handing us the ammo constantly.

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Forest fans were very happy when County dropped into non league and there was a lengthy thread about it on their forum. However, most Forest fans seem to consider Derby as their main rivals.

Stoke also hate Port Vale and take the piss at every opportunity.

The big difference is that neither Notts County or Port Vale are as big of a Circus as the Sags. It’s not our fault if they insist on handing us the ammo constantly.

I literally barely care about the gas anymore. Will we still be talking about the gas when we're in the Prem (if that ever happens) and they're in League 2? I hope not. The time of the Bristol rivalry is in my eyes over. We won. They're not close to us in terms of practically anything. Like yes, Rovers aren't a proper football club. That's precisely the point. We are, and shouldn't be concerning ourselves with them as much as we do. If we pushed a rivalry with Cardiff instead, we would 100% see expectations of this club rise hugely. Chelsea used to be concerned with Fulham, now they're concerned with Arsenal and Spurs. As for Stoke, I don't think I ever saw a Stoke fan mention Port Vale when they were 10th with Hughes, why would they? It's so far beneath them. Something like Portsmouth and Southampton I understand because Portsmouth have taken a huge drop; but the sags will, in my personal opinion, never compete with us for the foreseeable future. So it seems pointless and all it does is lower the standards to where we accept anything which is slightly above a pathetic team like the gas

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

It won't be sold to them if anything it will be housing. If anyone actually gets near the value. I work there and certainly no bids from them.

Their tiny fanbase believes everything they are told! Didn’t Wael say the stadium at the Fruit Market would be finished within two years? And that was over a year ago? 

39 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I literally barely care about the gas anymore. Will we still be talking about the gas when we're in the Prem (if that ever happens) and they're in League 2? I hope not. The time of the Bristol rivalry is in my eyes over. We won. They're not close to us in terms of practically anything. Like yes, Rovers aren't a proper football club. That's precisely the point. We are, and shouldn't be concerning ourselves with them as much as we do. If we pushed a rivalry with Cardiff instead, we would 100% see expectations of this club rise hugely. Chelsea used to be concerned with Fulham, now they're concerned with Arsenal and Spurs. As for Stoke, I don't think I ever saw a Stoke fan mention Port Vale when they were 10th with Hughes, why would they? It's so far beneath them. Something like Portsmouth and Southampton I understand because Portsmouth have taken a huge drop; but the sags will, in my personal opinion, never compete with us for the foreseeable future. So it seems pointless and all it does is lower the standards to where we accept anything which is slightly above a pathetic team like the gas

Hahaha ***** sake!

We’re plummeting towards L1, you might want to consider that before talking about the Premier League and the Sags not competing with us anytime in the near future. ?

What I will say is that ‘the gap’ in facilities and support numbers would still be hugely in our favour, even if we end up in the same division but that’s no consolation after all the shit Lansdown was coming out with after Johnson was booted last Summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

don't think I ever see Nottingham Forest fans talk about Notts County or Stoke talk about Port Vale despite the other constantly talking about the latter, why's that?

That’s incorrect on both counts ... many moons ago I spent a huge amount of time in Nottingham - the rivalry is very intense as it is in any two club city - that’s why I laugh at the ignorance of so many so-called football fans who say ‘Notts Forest’ - the reaction to that up there from Magpie fans is extraordinary but it re-affirms my faith in football rivalries! Fans of both Nottingham clubs are certainly not keen on each other and that’s putting it mildly.

And as for the potteries, their rivalry also burns bright - to suggest otherwise is to patronise an area containing proper fans of traditional football clubs ...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.... and to think people on here also use those three words (and worse) to describe Neil Warnock - perspective?!

Not a fan of Warnock,but much less so of Barton-opinion!Your love of NW is starting to appear a little obsessive.

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Not a fan of Warnock,but much less so of Barton-opinion!Your love of NW is starting to appear a little obsessive.

I’m just playing to the gallery - I just really respect his achievements, that’s all ... apologies if you think my wind ups have gone too far ... can’t argue with his record though, most successful manager ever in this country (promotions) ... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m just playing to the gallery - I just really respect his achievements, that’s all ... apologies if you think my wind ups have gone too far ... can’t argue with his record though, most successful manager ever in this country (promotions) ... 

Fair play to you,I admire your loyalty BS4,and when he retires(again? again?? again???),sorry lost count now,he will leave a lasting legacy.I actually have a sneaking admiration for him,though not always his tactics,and will genuinely miss him when he does retire(again).Saying that I am also starting to miss Donald Trump,but wouldn't want him at our club either.

P.S.Joey Barton is even more hideous than Warnock!(Probably on a par with Trump!)

• Flames 1