IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

This is exactly the narrative Barton is after, isn’t it?

The Post article last week uncritically (of him) implied the same thing.Fact is he took over a side with 18 games left that weren’t in the bottom 4 at the time & have a top half wage bill in their league.

He is simply getting his excuses in early if they go down, the standard is really poor & if he was a tenth as good as he thinks he is, he would certainly keep them up.

They are rubbish but their rivals are Rochdale, Wigan (who had to play their youth team for a while), Wimbledon, Northampton, I mean, seriously?

Bingo.  He and the gullible sags may believe his own hype, but performances and current position tell a different story.  He's looking to get sacked I reckon. 

Edited by cityloyal473

Garner may not be Manager material but he had a good CV as a coach before going to the Gas, Tisdale has had a reasonable record in the liwer leagues.

In both cases it seems unlikely that they wouldn't know how to organise decent training sessions, also Barton is talking as if they are career coaches who don't know what it's like to be a player which is definitely not the case when it comes to Tisdale.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Garner may not be Manager material but he had a good CV as a coach before going to the Gas, Tisdale has had a reasonable record in the liwer leagues.

In both cases it seems unlikely that they wouldn't know how to organise decent training sessions, also Barton is talking as if they are career coaches who don't know what it's like to be a player which is definitely not the case when it comes to Tisdale.

I think Barton thinks he's too clever than he is by virtue signalling to the gas fans in preparation for their likely impending relegation. Sort of an insurance to keep the faith with him for next year. Instead he's created more chaos and potential legal issues whilst putting down two sacked managers.

• Like 1

The LMA will 100% back any action if it goes that far. His comments make two of their members virtually unemployable in football, certainly as a Manager anyway. I appreciate that Joey is tearing it up at The Theatre of Tents but even as they storm their way through the division I still think those comments are out of order. As ever, the dribblers lap it all up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dogbert said:

Doesn't Barton currently have the lowest points per game of the three managers so far this season? If they are that bad what does it say about him? 

Exactly. You can't polish a turd. Painting it blue and white or even, as seems likely, mail bag grey; a turd is still a turd. 

1 hour ago, Banned User said:

I can see Barton walking out at some point 

Why?

He’s got the Worlds most placid, gullible fan base behind him who lap up every word he says like the love sick weirdos they are.

The same fickle bunch who were saying how much they hate him and calling him a disgusting thug when he was at Fleetwood but change their tune completely the second he arrives at their shit excuse for a stadium.

Granted if a bigger club like Preston or Charlton or even Accrington come calling he’ll leave the Sags in a heartbeat but for now he’s got the easiest job in the World. Let’s be honest, they’re probably the only club that would touch him with a shitty stick anyway. ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The LMA will 100% back any action if it goes that far. His comments make two of their members virtually unemployable in football, certainly as a Manager anyway. I appreciate that Joey is tearing it up at The Theatre of Tents but even as they storm their way through the division I still think those comments are out of order. As ever, the dribblers lap it all up.

I would think it’s actionable and the club could be included as he was talking while in the course of his job.

WAQ must be upset - unless of course he’s already looking for an excuse to sack him without compensation; this could count as gross misconduct, you’d think.

• Like 1

• Admin
8 hours ago, Leveller said:

I would think it’s actionable and the club could be included as he was talking while in the course of his job.

WAQ must be upset - unless of course he’s already looking for an excuse to sack him without compensation; this could count as gross misconduct, you’d think.

Not if it's true......

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Then both Managers should have been sacked for gross misconduct, negligence or similar without compensation?

Exactly - he foolishly quoted the parallel of doctors being struck off. That’s not for mediocre performance, it’s for gross misconduct.

14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Exactly - he foolishly quoted the parallel of doctors being struck off. That’s not for mediocre performance, it’s for gross misconduct.

He’s a loose cannon and all he’s doing spouting stuff like that is consigning himself, at best, to a career at failing lower league clubs. He’s one of these people who has to say something when nothing will suffice and no “professional” club worth their salt will touch him with a barge pole.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

noooo,not wally ,hes the star of the shit show over there. he deserves to be carried aloft down gloucester rd when they get relegated.

Very true, but if anybody is likely to call him out for being a fraud you would have to think it would be Jailhouse Joey :whistle:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Genuine question, is the rumour true about 100 or so gas heads protesting the board at the mem on Saturday?

I’ve seen nothing in the media but been told about it twice now.

Jesus Christ!

That'll show em! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Because of social distancing, all one hundred will be staying at home but muttering very loudly.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Genuine question, is the rumour true about 100 or so gas heads protesting the board at the mem on Saturday?

I’ve seen nothing in the media but been told about it twice now.

Jesus Christ!

That'll show em! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

They want the scoreboard sacked because it’s broken. It’s constantly stuck on “GAS 0”

• Haha 5