IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Genuine question, is the rumour true about 100 or so gas heads protesting the board at the mem on Saturday?

I’ve seen nothing in the media but been told about it twice now.

Jesus Christ!

That'll show em! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

No chance.

They are the least organised fan base in the world.

They had a fan on the board of directors who was sacked and doesn't appear to have been replaced.

Under Higgs, they had their black and gold protest that amounted to one bloke wearing a scarf despite getting himself on Points West to announce his scheme.

When the ended up non league, I'm sure they demanded a complete review of what went wrong and never got an answer.

Even when things go right for them, like winning a play off game and the club decide to celebrate this by going to Kingswood on a bus with a sunroof, the fans couldn't even organise themselves to turn up.

All that said, it would be classic Fewers if they did turn up on Saturday to protest. Given that the team are playing away on the Friday and the club will likely be closed on Saturday as it's a Bank Holiday weekend.

What do we want?

SOMEONE WE CAN MOAN AT!

When do we want it?

UMM, MAYBE ON MONDAY IF EVERYONE ELSE IS AT HOME TODAY!

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Genuine question, is the rumour true about 100 or so gas heads protesting the board at the mem on Saturday?

I’ve seen nothing in the media but been told about it twice now.

Jesus Christ!

That'll show em! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Not fair! Why are they allowed to open their stadium to fans for games?

At least one person on the Rovers forum has some perspective of how bad things are:

“One of our most embarrassing moments was when we found a sponsor for the tent in the corner between the South Tent and the stand where the changing rooms are.We called a press conference and the Club officials and sponsors stood in front of it announcing they were the proud sponsors of our new stand.It's a tent in reality and the publicity shot made me cringe claiming it was a new stand.“

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

At least one person on the Rovers forum has some perspective of how bad things are:

“One of our most embarrassing moments was when we found a sponsor for the tent in the corner between the South Tent and the stand where the changing rooms are.We called a press conference and the Club officials and sponsors stood in front of it announcing they were the proud sponsors of our new stand.It's a tent in reality and the publicity shot made me cringe claiming it was a new stand.“

You can imagine the Blue Hordes screaming "You'll never take the South Tent".........................just as they get engulfed in the thing as a huge gust of wind blows it down.

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You can imagine the Blue Hordes screaming "You'll never take the South Tent".........................just as they get engulfed in the thing as a huge gust of wind blows it down.

They'd be screaming for those pig mascots who had a ruck with the Wolves mascot all those year ago.

27 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He will be banned !!

• Like 1

If I may, I would just like to interject at this point to impart a fact. 

Not Gas logic, but a true fact. 

At this moment, Bristol City(The Mighty Reds), have been above - spit - Bristol Rovers(The Blue Few), in the Football League for a period of 7460 days, 4 hours, and 28 minutes. 

Two words only. 

OH YES. 

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

I see Barton is now turning to the guy who saved them 13 years ago!!!!

Jesus, they are desperate - perhaps he could bring his boots with him - probably net a few more than thei current strike force.

www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-barton-takes-inspiration-andy-5255270

That's properly embarrassing for the manager. 

Been there for 5 mins and needs help from someone who played a handful of games nearly 20 years ago in a division below. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Jesus, they are desperate - perhaps he could bring his boots with him - probably net a few more than thei current strike force.

www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-barton-takes-inspiration-andy-5255270

"probably never have to buy a pint in Bristol again" what part of Bristol would that be then ? May get himself a can of stale Fanta at the swamp if he's lucky !

29 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Not sure how he can be classified as a hero......most S*gheads probably don't know who he is.  Surely their ultimate 'hero' (even more than Hollowhead) is Dean Windass.....

Edited by BanburyRed
  • Like 2

The Gas paid £62,108 to intermediaries over the past two transfer windows, significantly down from the £141,006 bill they racked up in 2019/20.

Quote from Bristol Post. No shock there. But more shockingly from same article

The Premier League and Championship paid £272,220,223 and £40,753,529 to intermediaries respectively, while the bill for League Two clubs was £1,069,115.

Over a quarter of a billion paid to agents!!

1 minute ago, Red_Alligator said:

I presume these - no doubt limited edition pieces - will be available to purchase from the club shop?............

Depending on the cost, a local school children may produce imitations art half the price.