IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

You've also got an "interesting" owner. There but for the Grace etc

Just now, Sweeneys Penalties said:

You've also got an "interesting" owner. There but for the Grace etc

Living local (I know you used to) will know more than anybody what a crook he is plus Sheriden is a horrible piece of work which is surprising considering he was a class player 

Fantastic articles in the Bristol Live website. Firstly it was the refs fault for picking on them again. Secondly the gas medical department isn't top level which Barton is used to (he ought to see what we have had to deal with). Never fear he has bought in a General who knows about setting up Ebola hospitals to review the structure so should fit right in at them.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-bartons-transformation-behind-scenes-5307731

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

I think, like us, you also need to look a bit higher up the hierarchy.......however, players deciding when they can be arsed to put it in is a common theme!!

I get what your saying but until Power sells up then we can't move forward and god help us if he sticks with Sheriden if he dosen't sell during the summer.

as for players not trying i agree it's a common theme especially as most know they won't no be here next season 

On 15/04/2021 at 09:31, Midlands Robin said:

If Wigan and the Wombles win on Saturday and the Sags lose then they'll be 6 points from safety with 4 games to play. They'd need 2 wins just to close back up to safety.

It really could be all over in all but name come 17:00 this Saturday.

Ever have one of those days when you wish you'd had a flutter at the bookies?

??

• Like 1

Eh? They average 21,000 as well do they?

Topper Gas
Total Forum Legend

Posting Level

23 hours ago via Tapatalk  
Post Options

Post by Topper Gas on 23 hours ago

our problems began when we sold eastville stadium and ended up paying the greyhounds rent
but probably it started before that
it has taken generations to overcome this
and we havent even recovered from it today!
we are fooling ourselves if we think we are a big club
big clubs dont sell their best players to survive.

JCH was sold because he wanted to move, he wasn't sold so we could survive, given that shortly after he was sold Wael cleared our £20m debts?

Although outside the top 4 or 5 Premiership clubs most sell their players when they seek a move. Liverpool may even loose Salah this summer.

As far as the OP, the reason the 82er's are now the bigger club is down to Lansdown's money, it's not as if they've grown bigger due to far better support.

21,000 IS 'far better support' than 6,000 isn't it? 350% by my maths.

Enjoy league 2 loser! 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I get what your saying but until Power sells up then we can't move forward and god help us if he sticks with Sheriden if he dosen't sell during the summer.

as for players not trying i agree it's a common theme especially as most know they won't no be here next season 

I know it won’t happen but some of them could do with a stint at Swindon Supermarine for 6 months. See if the put it in the next time they are in the football league then!!

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Eh? They average 21,000 as well do they?

Topper Gas
Total Forum Legend

Posting Level

23 hours ago via Tapatalk  
Post Options

Post by Topper Gas on 23 hours ago

our problems began when we sold eastville stadium and ended up paying the greyhounds rent
but probably it started before that
it has taken generations to overcome this
and we havent even recovered from it today!
we are fooling ourselves if we think we are a big club
big clubs dont sell their best players to survive.

JCH was sold because he wanted to move, he wasn't sold so we could survive, given that shortly after he was sold Wael cleared our £20m debts?

Although outside the top 4 or 5 Premiership clubs most sell their players when they seek a move. Liverpool may even loose Salah this summer.

As far as the OP, the reason the 82er's are now the bigger club is down to Lansdown's money, it's not as if they've grown bigger due to far better support.

21,000 IS 'far better support' than 6,000 isn't it? 350% by my maths.

Enjoy league 2 loser! 

Ha - we’ve clearly done exactly that. Our average attendances during our 97/98 promotion season were 11,000-odd - we’re averaging almost double that nowadays (pre-pandemic obviously).

Compare the Rent Boys, who are probably averaging about the same as they were back then.

Another clueless gimboid.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Fantastic articles in the Bristol Live website. Firstly it was the refs fault for picking on them again. Secondly the gas medical department isn't top level which Barton is used to (he ought to see what we have had to deal with). Never fear he has bought in a General who knows about setting up Ebola hospitals to review the structure so should fit right in at them.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joey-bartons-transformation-behind-scenes-5307731

Pearson has inherited some similar issues to Barton albeit a different level and yet I haven’t heard anyone directly thrown under the bus by him. Barton has literally thrown everyone at the swamp under the bus bar him and his mate Hill. He talks like he has a 20 year management track record at the highest level and yet the reason he got his ass kicked out of it at Fleetwood was one win in his last ten games.......guess who that was against!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

What I can't understand is why the majority of ******* numpties (in the ....er stands) were all still there....were they waiting for the court verdict to relegate Wycombe ?

20 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Dear God, what a load of bollocks !!

That’s hilarious ! ?

I wouldn’t say Rovers are going down but they need to catch either Wimbledon or Wigan who have both managed to gain 9 points from their last 3 games.

They are 6 points adrift of 1, 7 of the other & Wimbledon also have a game in hand.

Rovers have managed just 8 from their last 11 games, so 8/33.

Think that’s what they call the Joey Barton effect ?