Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

22 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I see Mr Bamber Gasgroin has suddenly quadrupled and more Steve Lansdown's investment in city then?

'
Enjoy the 20 place gap, bought with £400 million of Lansdown's money, shame he didn't want to pay tax on it, he thought it was more important to fund a football club than pay back into the society that created his wealth. You must be so proud.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west#ixzz53ttxdJ49

What a cock!! 

Would love to see that removed with a note explaining not to post libelous content when SL lawyers have a word :)

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Enjoy the 20 place gap, bought with £400 million of Lansdown's money, shame he didn't want to pay tax on it, he thought it was more important to fund a football club than pay back into the society that created his wealth. You must be so proud.

Now I may be wrong on this but aren't Bristol City, Bristol Sport and all of the associated companies registered in England (head offices Ashton Gate etc) and are therefore subject to full UK business tax, cooperation tax etc?

So while SL's personal wealth is subject to Channel Island tax regulations all his business interests in relation to City pay their full dues.

Not only that but instead of hiding his money in a bank he's investing it back into the city of Bristol. Saving the Rugby club for example, after they were shafted by their ground share partners.

Now lets talk about Rovers, their Jordanian owners and their controlling company registered in the.... erm Channel Islands. How much tax does that attract?

#gaslogic

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Now I may be wrong on this but aren't Bristol City, Bristol Sport and all of the associated companies registered in England (head offices Ashton Gate etc) and are therefore subject to full UK business tax, cooperation tax etc?

So while SL's personal wealth is subject to Channel Island tax regulations all his business interests in relation to City pay their full dues.

Not only that but instead of hiding his money in a bank he's investing it back into the city of Bristol. Saving the Rugby club for example, after they were shafted by their ground share partners.

Now lets talk about Rovers, their Jordanian owners and their controlling company registered in the.... erm Channel Islands. How much tax does that attract?

#gaslogic

#gaslogic at its finest. just dont let it bother you, they are all space cadets.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I see Mr Bamber Gasgroin has suddenly quadrupled and more Steve Lansdown's investment in city then?

'

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west#ixzz53ttxdJ49

What a cock!! 

Moronic drivel, I shouldn’t be surprised really that their inward looking, self delusional forum encourages such inaccurate and nonsensical postings.

I am at a point now where I think they are beyond ridicule, there really is little more to say that can put them down anymore than they are managing themselves.

They are now extended parodies of themselves, it’s like Spitting Image satiring itself- something that is outlandish and beyond normal comprehension.

The whole of their fan base seems to be infected with it, even those who seem to have a modicum of intelligence when discussing anything other than football.  I don’t have many reasons to talk to sags, but if I do, I actively avoid talking about football, as they inevitably revert to type and it’s bloody ridiculous.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, glynriley said:

Just checked out the guy's wiki page, we have something in common.....

Mensah is eligible to play for Ghana or England but has yet to represent either country at any level.

Other than the fact I'm not eligible to represent Ghana, I'm yet to represent England either.

Welcome to hell, Bernard.

Not the same Bernard Mensah. This one is more their level with experience at Barnet, Braintree and Aldershot but why would the Sags let the truth get in the way. Some will still insist it's the one who played for Athletico Madrid. Mind you, he was probably told that the team he saw beating Man Utd and playing well at Man City were in actual fact Rovers playing in their away kit. Wait til the realization dawns when he meets that Ragbag team and the even more Ragbag Sags.......

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, RedReynard said:

Not the same Bernard Mensah. This one is more their level with experience at Barnet, Braintree and Aldershot but why would the Sags let the truth get in the way. Some will still insist it's the one who played for Athletico Madrid. Mind you, he was probably told that the team he saw beating Man Utd and playing well at Man City were in actual fact Rovers playing in their away kit. Wait til the realization dawns when he meets that Ragbag team and the even more Ragbag Sags.......

Tis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Mensah

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

'

What a cock!! 

I have a mate, good bloke but of late he's been spouting the party line. I'm going to have to block him on social media !!

This sort of thing really does wined me up, I know it shouldn't but it's the hypocrisy and stupidity. He would have paid tens of millions in tax  building his fortune. He's spent millions in the local area etc etc.  
That's one thing but do they not realise their club is owned by an offshore company FFS ??
They spout shite about spending millions on a stadium and in the next breath say we should have done the UWE and if not when do we upgrade the Mem . Hypocrites every moronic one of them.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Their latest gripe is that the media are biased in our favour, particularly over the last few days when the local new is all about City. I kid you not! 

http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west

What 'news' from the minimal I wonder would compare with the proper Bristol club taking 8,620 (according to Steve L) fans to the semi final of a major domestic cup competition against the best team in the country? Out of date crisps? New pasty supplier? New ground (I'm being silly now obviously)?

WTF did they expect? As for GGMI on the Man City forum,  what a jealous, desperate loser he comes across as. Their only real hope of success is if we fail, pretty much sums them up TBH.

A Gas acquaintance of mine was moaning like that a few days after the Man U game.

”I see the local news is as biased as ever” he said.

While it will never ever happen, does he really think the local news would ignore the 15ers if they beat Man U to reach a cup quarter final? :rofl2br:

They are always the victims.

"How's Trevor Tainton these days, you remember him don't you, tore up his contract in 1982, not because he wanted to, because he was pressured into doing it, there were threats against players and their families, then Trevor went bankrupt. 

This is part of what sickens me, all that money on a vanity project, and yet I've searched the internet and can't find anything about 1982 Ltd doing anything to make sure that the people who made that sacrifice back then are OK. We even had to organise the testimonial for Peter Aitken, that was at the same time as you lot were spending fifty million pounds on your ground. You bring shame on our great City. 

Not a single redeeming feature, horrible club, nasty support base, as evidenced by your arrogance. I'm glad there's a gap, it means I don't have to worry about your lot creating mayhem once a year at our place. Now, back under your rock, S'hed."

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west#ixzz53ur3onVn

:D:D:D 

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

So they've just signed a striker with a 1 in 5 goalscoring ratio in the conference... 

They really are coming for us

Whilst it looks likely we have signed two players from the Merseyside giants....”Bristol City, we’re coming for you...”  #TickTock

Sing along Darrell, you know this one...

40 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

"How's Trevor Tainton these days, you remember him don't you, tore up his contract in 1982, not because he wanted to, because he was pressured into doing it, there were threats against players and their families, then Trevor went bankrupt. 

This is part of what sickens me, all that money on a vanity project, and yet I've searched the internet and can't find anything about 1982 Ltd doing anything to make sure that the people who made that sacrifice back then are OK. We even had to organise the testimonial for Peter Aitken, that was at the same time as you lot were spending fifty million pounds on your ground. You bring shame on our great City. 

Not a single redeeming feature, horrible club, nasty support base, as evidenced by your arrogance. I'm glad there's a gap, it means I don't have to worry about your lot creating mayhem once a year at our place. Now, back under your rock, S'hed."

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/7049/city-bias-bbc-points-west#ixzz53ur3onVn

Care in the community with an Internet connection - dangerous! 

5 hours ago, glynriley said:

Can't be often that a non league player leaves for a league club, and ends up playing at a shitter ground...!

Yeh but Glyn he has been told they’ve got ‘amazing fans’  - they probably missed out the bit about the ‘boob cricket,’ racist ones who also like to punch animals and headbutt minibuses. They also probably kept from him the fact they took about 12 fans to Scunny this season and 37 to Gills...well that’s what it looked like! Meanwhile we took nearly 10k to our last two away games...

Mensah will soon wake up and smell the Gold Blend...he’s joined the minnows in the silly kit....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Just a bunch of ass carrots going nowhere, if we were to ever play them in the near future it would because of our failure not their success,  then again isn't that what they feel is more important in the grand scheme of things, going by gasheads I know you would think so.   

6 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Bernard Mensah thanks Aldershot Town for support admitting it was a 'tough decision' to join Bristol Rovers

He's not kidding!

With a surname like that, you think he'd have a big enough IQ to stay put rather than to join the poor old sags....:facepalm:

7 hours ago, pride of the west said:

"I've heard the club has fantastic fans, that's what's been sold to me and I can't wait to play."

The gas new signing 11/1/18 :whistle:

He’ll soon change that opinion when he misses a penalty and finds out what a sin it is to have black skin, in Horfield..! 

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

This media bias thing gets me. Have they forgotten PW sending a reporter to ******* Jordan to blow smoke up Wally`s ass?

Deluded *****.

It’s blatant bias!

All season they’ve been showing goals, & coverage of us scoring great goals, breaking transfer records, pushing for promotion to the Premier league, wining managerial, play, team & goal awards (even one for our kit!) and for reaching the semi finals of a major tournament, beating Man Utd on the way. 

When was the last time they gave Rovers coverage for any of these things..?

Biased!! 

3 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

He's been worry-free for many, many years now. Bless.

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Gash coldsore. Their fans are scum to a man, woman and child.

And it’s been so long his memory is playing tricks on him - we caused mayhem there three times in one calendar year in 1997 - 2-1, 2-1, 2-1. :D

Edited by WessexPest