Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Serious question, I'm confused why they went through the expense of putting this stand up for just 163. 

Surely the space it has replaced could have catered for a larger number?

So they have actually decreased their capacity building this

They wouldn’t want areas of uncovered terracing letting the rest of the ground down...?! 🤔

4 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

No need....  as it's such a common mistake, we'll just mark 'ee down as an honest error........

Hey guys, chill!

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Manor ground Oxford was much better

smashed my head in on a low rsj when I jumped up to celebrate Ian baird scoring , think that was his name .

17 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

smashed my head in on a low rsj when I jumped up to celebrate Ian baird scoring , think that was his name .

Did Ian Baird then ask you how many fingers he was holding up? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Serious question, I'm confused why they went through the expense of putting this stand up for just 163. 

It would appear so.

Absolutely mental.

Although in fairness they didn’t need that extra capacity anyway.

18 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It would appear so.

Absolutely mental.

Although in fairness they didn’t need that extra capacity anyway.

they could do with some extra  stands outside for all the lockouts though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

In other news, Elvis Presley has died.....😢

😉

Don't believe you. You'll be saying that we're at war with Argentina next.

On 17/06/2019 at 19:32, RedRaw said:

That was the Meade king llp south west “stand” in the other corner

F0F0A6A4-76C9-4A7E-BE7F-7B53205F6D90.jpeg

Oh, of course, the Meade King LLP South West Corner By the Real Cornish Pastie Hut Cricket Pavillion Side Stand.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Swede said:

Oh, of course, the Meade King LLP South West Corner By the Real Cornish Pastie Hut Cricket Pavillion Side Stand.

The highest paid bloke at Bristol Rovers FC should be the one tasked with naming all of their “stands”..!

It can’t even be a one off job, with the majority of them being temporary! 

I reckon the reason it took so long to get the big screen up was because the delivery note said “please put this up next to the tent” 

Thats like a condom wrapper in a brothel saying “please use on the illegal immigrant” 

23 hours ago, phantom said:

I had the impression at the time that it was done purely so that the owners could say that they have made improvements to the ground if they were accused of not doing anything.

No other explanation makes much sense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I had the impression at the time that it was done purely so that the owners could say that they have made improvements to the ground if they were accused of not doing anything.

Wally was told we need to put more bums on seats so that's exactly what the nice man has done reduced the capacity of the tip. Unfortunately for him one of the bum's has gone to Walsall

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Agreed, make me think that the adverts will mainly be either "in-house" ,for the Bank of Jordan or for the hotel the family have got a share in.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Swede said:

Wally was told we need to put more bums on seats so that's exactly what the nice man has done reduced the capacity of the tip. Unfortunately for him one of the bum's has gone to Walsall

itsmore than 1

17 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Has the tramp had a bit of a haircut and beard trim?

Moved upmarket I guess

tramp.JPG

Are you sure that’s not the Walsall mascot, in some stupid fancy dress outfit..?!

18 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Has the tramp had a bit of a haircut and beard trim?

Moved upmarket I guess

tramp.JPG

I think his time with the sags has left him traumatised,he just seems to be staring into the distance with a blank expression on his face.

On 17/06/2019 at 18:35, Ska Junkie said:

To be fair, Brentford are paying for and actually building something. Can't see the mob in BS7 doing either.

Brentford's new stadium, though smallish, looks very impressive from the M4 elevated and high fives to the person who sussed it would fit between the railway tracks. Shows what can be fine when you've a local authority who are supportive (Bristol to note.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Brentford's new stadium, though smallish, looks very impressive from the M4 elevated and high fives to the person who sussed it would fit between the railway tracks. Shows what can be fine when you've a local authority who are supportive (Bristol to note.)

They had to fund it though rather than steal it so Rovers would have been ****** whether they were in Bristol or West London to be fair..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

They had to fund it though rather than steal it so Rovers would have been ****** whether they were in Bristol or West London to be fair..

Hmmm. When Brentford move into their new ground, Griffin Park will be empty - a football ground with real stands and no tents. Dwayne Sports has an unexplained office in London.

Becoming Brentford Rovers wouldn’t even require a change to their initials. All of their home game would effectively be played well away from Bristol, guaranteeing massive travelling support (because that’s just what they do). 

I think they’re on the move! Bloody clever these Jordanians. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, steveybadger said:

A bit random but today I was in Brum and walked past a 'Gas Street!'

insert your own joke.......the street was going downhill, boom boom!

Well, sort of along the same lines, I’ve always giggled at the name of this road in High Littleton ...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/BS39/Scumbrum-Lane.html

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

9 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Hmmm. When Brentford move into their new ground, Griffin Park will be empty - a football ground with real stands and no tents. Dwayne Sports has an unexplained office in London.

Becoming Brentford Rovers wouldn’t even require a change to their initials. All of their home game would effectively be played well away from Bristol, guaranteeing massive travelling support (because that’s just what they do). 

I think they’re on the move! Bloody clever these Jordanians. 

Like your style rude boy .

They tried to steal AG so the red seats won't be an issue for them.

I think this has momentum.....

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Near where I work in Oldbury, there's a Bell End.

Same here in Essex....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Every footballer looks better in red. 

He doesn't look good in red, probably doesn't in any colour to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

And not just one , I’ll be bound .

:yes:

I work with loads of the vowel mangling weirdos.

(And yes, I did get the inference!)

Edited by Mike Hunt-Hertz

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Near where I work in Oldbury, there's a Bell End.

There's a Cowship Lane in Wotton Under Edge, I often wondered if the cartographers misheard what the locals called it or sanitised the spelling for the general public. :)

• Haha 2

My R*Vers source said that the new goalie is massive but has a lot to learn about football in the English 3rd division.

Lots more new signings but they will all be cheap as the manager has to cut the budget by over £1m.

Cockman won't put up with show ponies like Dopey used to.

54 minutes ago, myol'man said:

My R*Vers source said that the new goalie is massive but has a lot to learn about football in the English 3rd division.

Lots more new signings but they will all be cheap as the manager has to cut the budget by over £1m.

Blimey. If that’s the case then mark little must have taken a big pay cut or they’ve used most of their wage budget on him. 

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

If he’s had to cut his budget by that much, the players must be paying Wael to play. Just like on the Downs, but with a lower standard of football 

Cracking read on Gaschat at the moment. A potential investor/forum member has been told 3/5 years for the new ground.

They can not develop the Mem because there is no room left apparently although unbelievably they have discovered a previously unknown building behind a fence in one corner. Nobody knew it was there in the 22 years since they arrived and now they don’t know what to do with it.

Suggestions on a postcard please. Rumours that it is their trophy room are yet to be confirmed. They are considering it as a food outlet which should be perfect for out of date pasties I’m sure. Ah the gift !

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Cracking read on Gaschat at the moment. A potential investor/forum member has been told 3/5 years for the new ground.

They can not develop the Mem because there is no room left apparently although unbelievably they have discovered a previously unknown building behind a fence in one corner. Nobody knew it was there in the 22 years since they arrived and now they don’t know what to do with it.

Suggestions on a postcard please. Rumours that it is their trophy room are yet to be confirmed. They are considering it as a food outlet which should be perfect for out of date pasties I’m sure. Ah the gift !

Was it perhaps where Stuart Sinclair lived?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

I used to try to write some mildly amusing stuff about the Rovers but this is way beyond anything my imagination could have conjured up.

Post by wertongas on 3 hours ago

gashead333 Avatar
So did the club refuse your money or are the away fans getting a roof?

Can't put roof on away end as it would block views from Centenary stand,  however offered money to get rid of those crap temporary toilets and put proper toilet block in under the new screen,  plus a bar for away fans there will be more seating made available for larger away followings.
Most amazing thing is that the club have discovered a building behind a fence in the top right hand corner of the stadium (club been there  for 22 yrs without knowing this building existed)  may use it for offices,  food outlet and games area for kids,  but it depends on whether it is worth spending the money if we are vacating the ground. Could bring in extra revenue. 
Edited by bert tann
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5