Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

This was the view from the Centenary stand a few years ago before the Rugger had to move out. 

I don't think a cover over the away terrace which is down and to the left of the picture would effect the view from the centenary stand. 

Probably the best thing to improve the view for all fans would be to erect large canvas screens all the way around the edge of the pitch. 😂

FB_IMG_1561063931057.jpg

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

they have discovered a previously unknown building behind a fence in one corner. Nobody knew it was there in the 22 years since they arrived and now they don’t know what to do with it.

So in all the asset and account valuations, purchase negotiations and assurance Sainsburys would have conducted over negotiations to buy 'The Dump' this 'mystery' property was never identified? That no Gashead has ever looked at The House of Tents on Google Maps? Yup, rings true to me.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

How about (they may or may not all be genuine ... who knows?) ...

4246252306_6e69237222_b.jpg

image.jpg

back_passage_183r6mf-183r6mu.jpg

the-knob-kings-sutton-northamptonshire-136387931856003901-140225114722.jpg

butt_1708583c.jpg

image.jpg

1ed00_article-2567211-1BCD994900000578-80_634x406-624x399.jpg

348F995200000578-3606201-image-a-1_1464082590027.jpg

4210620.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

I'm offended by the Dick Lane sign.

4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

image.jpg

butt_1708583c.jpg

image.jpg

Not quite a road sign, but one of my favourite signs of all time

Family Planning Clinic.jpg

4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

image.jpg

butt_1708583c.jpg

image.jpg

Not quite a road sign, but one of my favourite signs of all time

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Who is this player joining Newport?

Leadbitter. FB. Been there for c.5 years apparently. “Very fast, can’t tackle, injury prone, worst crosser of a ball ever, League 2 standard at best”. Guess where those comments come from?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Can you all remember how humble our little poor Sags were when they thought the fake sheik was a billionaire??

Does this mean they are officially not coming for us then? Phew, what a relief, we don't have to look over our shoulder now! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Does this mean they are officially not coming for us then? Phew, what a relief, we don't have to look over our shoulder now! 

It's a trick.  Don't fall for it.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Can you all remember how humble our little poor Sags were when they thought the fake sheik was a billionaire??

So they don't want a better ground, more money , a higher standard of football or some silverware then?

May as well pack up the tents and go home now then sags. What's the point?

45 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I can't see that far anyway! 👓

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ron Swanson said:

Haha, yep...they were utterly grotesque, even more so than usual.

For those brief weeks/months until reality sunk in they were making out they were on par with the likes of Chelsea and Man City 🤣🤣

Their true colours well and truly came out. 

The fact is they're desperate to be 'us' or at least in our position with an owner like ours despite their bullshit denials and pretending otherwise.

• Like 1

Quite a few take themselves rather seriously and would love to be in our shoes so I would humbly suggest this maggot isn't spokesman for the famous quarterz.

8 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Quite a few take themselves rather seriously and would love to be in our shoes so I would humbly suggest this maggot isn't spokesman for the famous quarterz.

Clearly not. Look at his Twitter media profile and there's a photo a few posts down showing a bunch of empty Thatchers tins implying Maggot and chums are enjoying an 'early session'. What bothers me is they've clearly been purchased from a shopping outlet that uses orange carriers. Now, if only I could recall which supermarket that is...?

• Haha 1

No we will still laugh at you. So deluded it’s untrue have a gander at a thread on their shitty forum about attendances . I despise them 

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Looks pretty big, so I'll guess no.

Not big enough! At least "30,000" locked out!

37 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Was this building the former gas supporters clubhouse?

gas.jpg

Think you are correct. Used to be in the corner of the car park. Shitty two bit shed of a building, so must be.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

gas.jpg

I’m sure it’s just a social club that’s been there for a long time with no connection to Rovers 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m sure it’s just a social club that’s been there for a long time with no connection to Rovers 

I'm sure a gas head on here will tell us. When I looked there was plenty of blue and white around the place

Gas installed another new family stand. But they didn't have planning permission so they had to install the seats in front of the stand.

WP_20190621_12_39_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20190621_12_39_59_Pro.jpg

WP_20190621_12_42_55_Pro.jpg

Edited by Threshing Red

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

No we will still laugh at you. So deluded it’s untrue have a gander at a thread on their shitty forum about attendances . I despise them 

What the one where crowds would double when they get the Stadium of Shite built? 😂

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

gas.jpg

That’s the old “True Blue “ club,so yes 

2 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

That’s the old “True Blue “ club,so yes 

The membership numbers must be huge given how they're all so loyal and true.

3 minutes ago, A Darkwood Red said:

Now known as the Eastville club. 

If you ever want a flash back to the 1970s just look through the windows of it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A Darkwood Red said:

Now known as the Eastville club. 

Used to be called the True Blue Club

Shitheads, don’t waste your time and energy taking the piss out of the Gas being tinpot, having a shit ground , lower league football and being skint, we know all this and laugh at ourselves all the time. We don’t look up to you or aspire to be you either.

We don't waste our time taking the pi55, you do that job very well for us with your;

Santa's Grotto,

The mysterious Row M,

Tents,

"we'll re build the stadium one stand at a time" Chelsea supporting fake fekir,

the tramp,

babestation,

Fake fanta & stale crisps,

The "professional" trestle table complete with coloured in whiteboard and cheap bricabrac tat at a UWE open day

The DIY disabled facilities 

Equine boxing

We're the sixth richest club in England

We took 40,000 to Wembley yet barely muster 8,000 for a home game.

AND the best one of the lot . . . .

getting relegated out of the entire football league by a team in your own kit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

Used to be called the True Blue Club

True and Blue. Two words that shouldn't share a sentence.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Shitheads, please stop going on about how Tinpot we are. Now that even the most deluded ones in our fan base no longer buy this evolution bollocks (you did warn us) we are highly embarrassed at what a penniless no hope Tinpot club we are and the future is grim. 

We have ignored all of the gifts we have given you since Colin Daniel fired us through the trap door wearing our away kit because we were that deluded that we believed that Wally was the Messiah, we would be coming for you and you would be the laughing stock, not us.

Unfortunately for us the glitter has well and truly fallen off of our steaming turd and we realise that shouting ‘82’ and ‘Dean Windass’ at you doesn’t work anymore. In fact it makes us look even bigger knob jockeys than we looked before.

As a result in true Sag fashion we can dish it out but not take anything from you because you speak the truth and we are so embarrassed that all we are going to do is throw our teddies out of the pram and want to start a riot.

Secretly we are so pissed off for choosing the wrong colours to support or being forced into it by our parents. So we are going to pretend that we don’t care and hope you fall for it. Failing that we’ll see you for round 2 in the KFC you shithead *****!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I see that Ellis Harrison who was "going to rip up the Championship with Ipswich", has quietly signed for Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee. That went well then.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I see that Ellis Harrison who was "going to rip up the Championship with Ipswich", has quietly signed for Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee. That went well then.

One of their best players in years,  shows how out of touch with Championship football they are 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Wonder if there is a sell on clause?

5 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

In keeping with their business model, the Fewers are in line to pay 20% of the loss Ipswich have taken.

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Assuming he was sold at a loss, does that make the sell on a minus too? The Gas could end up owing them money. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

In keeping with their business model, the Fewers are in line to pay 20% of the loss Ipswich have taken.

You and me Rob, peas in a pod :)

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Assuming he was sold at a loss, does that make the sell on a minus too? The Gas could end up owing them money. 🤣

You and me Rob, peas in a pod :)

As far as the Fewers are concerned, taking the piss "is as easy as shelling unshelled peas".

#SidWaddell

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Found this in the garage today. When you read the scores you recall just what a happy weekend that was!

D71799C9-E2A2-4071-A557-7F42A06A0A11.jpeg

I remember that weekend well as I was flying home from Orlando. When I got on the plane we were 4-2 down

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I just sprayed coffee out of my nose, nice one mate!

17 minutes ago, harrys said:

Wasn’t there a place down there called the milk or unigate club or am I imagining it? 

The Unigate club was up on the corner of Robertson Road. Became the white swan and now flats I think.