Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

21 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If you're after free tickets, the answers no :)

No! I’d rather shite in my pants and walk Wimbledon for the duration of the second week, than go to watch Rovers. 

I was just curious as to which of the many, many tents you were lucky enough to win the opportunity to sponsor..? It’s so good of Wael to let you give him some money. What a top guy he is! 

6 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I have no need to guess, how would producing a jester shirt take longer than everyone else’s? It wouldn’t, just ridiculous to think otherwise. 

Here we go Miah just for you....

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2016/june/chairmans-message/

Well I will give you I don't think there was any real need for a statement on Brexit, but I can't see much wrong it what they said.

So just to confirm about the shirt, you don't know and are just guessing :)

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No! I’d rather shite in my pants and walk Wimbledon for the duration of the second week, than go to watch Rovers. 

I was just curious as to which of the many, many tents you were lucky enough to win the opportunity to sponsor..? It’s so good of Wael to let you give him some money. What a top guy he is! 

Well he looked like he needed a few quid, so we were glad to be able to help out :)

There are currently just the 3 tents at Rovers although only 2 were up for sponsorship (maybe the 3rd is for the mystery missing shirt sponsor) .

It's the South West stand that has the honour of being known as the Termination Technology stand next season !

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

Well he looked like he needed a few quid, so we were glad to be able to help out :)

There are currently just the 3 tents at Rovers although only 2 were up for sponsorship (maybe the 3rd is for the mystery missing shirt sponsor) .

It's the South West stand that has the honour of being known as the Termination Technology stand next season !

Fair play to you and anyone else who financially supports their local club. Whichever club that is..! Big respect for that! 

Do you get sponsorship guaranteed for the whole season, or do they have to review in on a month by month basis, to check that the “stand” hasn’t blown away..? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Fair play to you and anyone else who financially supports their local club. Whichever club that is..! Big respect for that! 

Do you get sponsorship guaranteed for the whole season, or do they have to review in on a month by month basis, to check that the “stand” hasn’t blown away..? 

One of the many things we sell is cable ties, so we will be making sure to use plenty of heavy duty ones to hold the thing down just in case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I could be wrong, but to be fair to that particular poster, I'm pretty sure I remember the club trotting out that line after - not for the first time- we were unable to get shirts into the shop for the start of the season. At the time I remember thinking it didn't sound right, but I really don't know. Is it harder to make a quartered shirt?

Maybe there's a local company that could help you out? Bespoke designs (that for you would still look like a Tesco bag no matter how well done) and in the shop on time with great stock control from a local supplier.

Can't remember their name, i think they already make shirts for a club about Rovers size Bath City.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well I will give you I don't think there was any real need for a statement on Brexit, but I can't see much wrong it what they said.

So just to confirm about the shirt, you don't know and are just guessing :)

For a club who has a long history of blaming everyone but themselves it seems fairly obvious.

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

One of the many things we sell is cable ties, so we will be making sure to use plenty of heavy duty ones to hold the thing down just in case.

Wouldn’t you get more press exposure if the thing came crashing down..?

Think about it... if you tamper with the guide ropes and a moderate breeze caused the “stand” to come crashing down, News cameras would project your companies name nationwide. At worst.. you get mobile advertising down Gloucester Road/Muller Road (depending on the direction of aforementioned moderate breeze) 

How did you get to a position of being able to afford “stadium” sponsorship, when you miss such subtle marketing techniques..?

Why would producing a quartered rag be any more difficult than a striped shirt? Other clubs seem to manage perfectly fine so it has to be yet more bollocks doesn't it?

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Why would producing a quartered rag be any more difficult than a striped shirt? Other clubs seem to manage perfectly fine so it has to be yet more bollocks doesn't it?

My granny had some old shithouse curtains that would have done the job.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't know, that's why I'm asking! 

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wouldn’t you get more press exposure if the thing came crashing down..?

Think about it... if you tamper with the guide ropes and a moderate breeze caused the “stand” to come crashing down, News cameras would project your companies name nationwide. At worst.. you get mobile advertising down Gloucester Road/Muller Road (depending on the direction of aforementioned moderate breeze) 

How did you get to a position of being able to afford “stadium” sponsorship, when you miss such subtle marketing techniques..?

I like your thinking, would you like a job? I'm sure diversity laws require us to employ a few teds anyway :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't know, that's why I'm asking! 

As they're not sewn anymore, I would imagine a 'stripe' would be equally difficult as quarters Miah. They're pretty much printed nowadays I think so it would be more difficult than a plain red shirt (for example) but certainly not as tricky as is being made out. They would have been more tricky to manufacture back in the day I guess but they're a single piece of fabric nowadays and just follow a pre-programmed pattern don't they?

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

As they're not sewn anymore, I would imagine a 'stripe' would be equally difficult as quarters Miah. They're pretty much printed nowadays I think so it would be more difficult than a plain red shirt (for example) but certainly not as tricky as is being made out. They would have been more tricky to manufacture back in the day I guess but they're a single piece of fabric nowadays and just follow a pre-programmed pattern don't they?

These things take time......

• Haha 2

You see amateur teams playing hockey/rugby etc around various parks wearing blue and white quarters quite often, so I can't imagine it's a template that takes any longer than other kits to produce.

how long does it take to procure a shirt that is somewhat reminiscent of a jester / mouldy battenburg pattern?  They could always revert to the whiteboard coloured in quarters idea, get plain white t-shirts and colour in the quarters themselves with blue felt tip (colour by {massive} numbers perhaps?)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I could be wrong, but to be fair to that particular poster, I'm pretty sure I remember the club trotting out that line after - not for the first time- we were unable to get shirts into the shop for the start of the season. At the time I remember thinking it didn't sound right, but I really don't know. Is it harder to make a quartered shirt?

I wouldn’t have thought so...although like you I don’t work in the business of manufacturing football shirts. 

Blackburn have a unique pattern therefore if it is true then they should experience the same problems. In fact any club who doesn’t wear a generic one colour shirt (ie hoops, stripes or a band around the chest like us last year) should have the same issues?

Wycombe’s quarters were out this time last year but not our so far this summer. Plymouth’s quartered away shirt was out in June last year, and if you think quarters are a challenging design you should see their away kit this year, also released in June.

It sounds like a lame excuse to me Miah but, like I say, I don’t know...

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I wouldn’t have thought so...although like you I don’t work in the business of manufacturing football shirts. 

Blackburn have a unique pattern therefore if it is true then they should experience the same problems. In fact any club who doesn’t wear a generic one colour shirt (ie hoops, stripes or a band around the chest like us last year) should have the same issues?

Wycombe’s quarters were out this time last year but not our so far this summer. Plymouth’s quartered away shirt was out in June last year, and if you think quarters are a challenging design you should see their away kit this year, also released in June.

It sounds like a lame excuse to me Miah but, like I say, I don’t know...

Our keepers' shirt would be far more complicated than quarters and we managed okay.

Image result for daniel bentley

29 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I like your thinking, would you like a job? I'm sure diversity laws require us to employ a few teds anyway :)

I employ a gashead. It makes the bad days feel better and she’s not on social media, so I like being the one to tell her about our new signings and keeping them updated on the latest “updates” from her favourite club - fresh from here. 

I’d recommend everyone has a gashead in their workplace. They are far more therapeutic that a stress ball..! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Talking of Wimbledon, didn't R*vers used to pimp out their 'South Stand' for the tennis? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

These things take time......

36 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

A shirt sponsor would help as well GM ! ;)

Rest assured they are currently interviewing several project management consultancy  companies in respect of this. It worked for the Colony didn’t it?! 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Our keepers' shirt would be far more complicated than quarters and we managed okay.

Don't you ever take the piss out of our shirts again if you are allowing your players to go round wearing monstrosities like that!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Don't you ever take the piss out of our shirts again if you are allowing your players to go round wearing monstrosities like that!

You’ve missed the twist Miah

If you focus closely on the pattern of stripes and shapes it says ‘ OTIB ‘

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

My granny had some old shit that would have done the job.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Excuse me 

F04B7789-BD34-4764-8354-8D29295C1EB4.jpeg.360dfa6a619e2a349894ab2390855598.jpeg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You’ve missed the twist Miah

If you focus closely on the pattern of stripes and shapes it says ‘ OTIB ‘

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Excuse me 

You’ll have to excuse his clear lack of taste & style. Clearly demonstrated by his choice of football team. 

The delusion has well and truly set in and it’s far to late to do anything about it now. 

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Excuse me 

I wonder what was contained in a 'Snack Box' - I'm imagining a pasty, packet of crisps and Fanta all way past their sell-by date (rather like the club themselves)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

You see amateur teams playing hockey/rugby etc around various parks wearing blue and white quarters quite often, so I can't imagine it's a template that takes any longer than other kits to produce.

Billingham Synthonia (admittedly, much bigger than the cesspit cleaners) seem to get their green/ white quarters fairly easily.

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

I wonder what was contained in a 'Dirt Box' - I'm imagining a pair of grey y-fronts, Tena for men pad and pile suppository all way past their sell-by date (rather like the club themselves)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I had forgotten that abortion. Now I cannot unsee it.

They've had some crap sponsors over the years - do they still do that raffle where the loser gets to sponsor the kit for a season?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

They've had some crap sponsors over the years - do they still do that raffle where the loser gets to sponsor the kit for a season?

I remember the appropriately chosen "Roaming Gas".

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Talking of Wimbledon, didn't R*vers used to pimp out their 'South Stand' for the tennis? 

Wimbledon had it first, then we came along and stole it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

how long does it take to procure a shirt that is somewhat reminiscent of a jester / mouldy battenburg pattern?  They could always revert to the whiteboard coloured in quarters idea, get plain white t-shirts and colour in the quarters themselves with blue felt tip (colour by {massive} numbers perhaps?)

There's plenty of fancy dress companies around selling jesters costumes. They could even be supplied with a nice big crayon so that even their average pathetic window licker could scrawl "Windyass 9" on the back

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Excuse me 

UUUURRRGGGGHHH there's my dinner on the floor & they have the temerity to criticise our goalkeeper kits. Gaslogic

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That'll be a box of matches then?

Edited by 42nite
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Billingham Synthonia (admittedly, much bigger than the cesspit cleaners) seem to get their green/ white quarters fairly easily.

everton and shrewsbury managed to get their kits on time when they played in quarters and that was back when the spinning jenny was the latest bit of technology.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Excuse me 

I am surprised Tesco’s never sued

3 hours ago, In the Net said:

Wimbledon had it first, then we came along and stole it. 

They’ve probably progressed and built something permanent :whistle:

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Tyrone Mings

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Just noticed from reading their forum that Tyrone Mings was released by the sags as a kid, oh dear not a good move that.

Probably made up by them, as that “fact” doesn’t get a mention on his Wikipedia page!

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Just noticed from reading their forum that Tyrone Mings was released by the sags as a kid, oh dear not a good move that.

Yea,yea,yea but.....once a gashead, always a gashead....innit 

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I take it you would't like the goalkeepers change shirt then? 😎

Here you go Miah- the Gas are certainly coming for us , I popped into a local Supermarket and they had hundreds of gas replica shirts available 

ttps://www.thetimes.co.uk/imageserver/image/methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F72327d56-93f1-11e7-8177-dcdb1e4e95ab.jpg?crop=2000%2C1125%2C0%2C1518&resize=685

Edited by eastonboy