Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, richwwtk said:

You see amateur teams playing hockey/rugby etc around various parks wearing blue and white quarters quite often, so I can't imagine it's a template that takes any longer than other kits to produce.

That can’t be true - cos the saggies always bleat about their unique kit and identity .... I refuse to believe anyone else on the planet wears blue and white quarters and the clubs who wore blue and white quarters before da roverzzz ever did were obviously part of some sort of footballing mirage ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Swede said:

UUUURRRGGGGHHH there's my dinner on the floor & they have the temerity to criticise our goalkeeper kits. Gaslogic

Does anybody know what was in a "snack box"? Wasn't it one of Boycey's inventions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Keith Welch said:

They are flying to Ireland with Ryanair for pre-season.

Is it normal for teams to travel with budget airlines?

So some poor unfortunate guest house will have to put them up, probably two to a bed "top to tail". (Make sure they pay cash in advance)

But surely they'd be travelling to the emerald isle by the fake fekir's magic carpet. He'll probably also magic up the money for the new stadium at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Keith Welch said:

They are flying to Ireland with Ryanair for pre-season.

Is it normal for teams to travel with budget airlines?

more likely to cocklow popping home to reassure his wife that she doesn't really need to see him at work in the truly magnificent stadium he now manages, (scared crapless she will find out the truth oneday)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one thing I remember from the last time they went on a pre season tour was that fan picture of the most cretinous bunch of morons and losers without their carers you could ever wish to see. There is bound to be a party of the same window lickers ready to shuffle onto a bus as we speak.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Billingham Synthonia (admittedly, much bigger than the cesspit cleaners) seem to get their green/ white quarters fairly easily.

to badly quote Martin Luther King "be the best cesspit cleaner you can be" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keith Welch said:

They are flying to Ireland with Ryanair for pre-season.

Is it normal for teams to travel with budget airlines?

Let’s hope Ryanair cancel the b@stards flight by text.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swede said:

The one thing I remember from the last time they went on a pre season tour was that fan picture of the most cretinous bunch of morons and losers without their carers you could ever wish to see. There is bound to be a party of the same window lickers ready to shuffle onto a bus as we speak.

Was this the Spanish side they all w@nk over all because the wear the same ‘unique’ jester shite as they do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Let’s hope Ryanair cancel the b@stards flight by text.

Wally will hope so, transfer budget will be their biggest for years if they do 

@Miah Dennehy does wally still attend home games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2019 at 07:21, Miah Dennehy said:

I could be wrong, but to be fair to that particular poster, I'm pretty sure I remember the club trotting out that line after - not for the first time- we were unable to get shirts into the shop for the start of the season. At the time I remember thinking it didn't sound right, but I really don't know. Is it harder to make a quartered shirt?

It can't be. I've had bespoke cycling jerseys made by small companies with the most elaborate designs (artwork supplied by me). Turnaround a couple of weeks and that includes shipping from China. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Was this the Spanish side they all w@nk over all because the wear the same ‘unique’ jester shite as they do?

I think I was some Dutch tour. The picture was a cross between The Addams Family & Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, weepywall said:

The "stadium" map looks like a jig saw puzzle with some bits missing.

That'll be the fans who always turn up in massive numbers. Its what they do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey, they're heading to the 21st century at last what with the championship ready sprinklers and championship ready pitch - and now this revelation :laughcont:

They certainly are coming for us....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Blimey, they're heading to the 21st century at last what with the championship ready sprinklers and championship ready pitch - and now this revelation :laughcont:

They certainly are coming for us....

But a Conference ready team unfortunately 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you can have too much of a choice,all those ‘stands’ to choose from,it’s enough  make their heads spin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Sometimes you can have too much of a choice,all those ‘stands’ to choose from,it’s enough  make their heads spin.

More so if the wind gets up a bit, they'd be literally 'spinning'! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, weepywall said:

The "stadium" map looks like a jig saw puzzle with some bits missing.

I heard that Nicholls' nickname is "jigsaw", have they named a stand after him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

Close. Goes to pieces in the box

Played for five-a-side team called The Jigsaws as we fitted together well but fell apart in the box ...we were re-named The Hacksaws by our opponents for some reason 😉😋😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Pikeys going ape over £28 to watch that lot against Lincoln !

That is scandalous tbf.

Shame.

Yet they are happy to pay more for their seasontickets than what we do! 

Shouldn't put them off though they take massive numbers wherever they go, cos it’s what they do’s.

Edit: Just noticed that’s for their HOME games so I’ll let them off they don’t bother turning up to those.

Edited by BCFC11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chessels Chick said:

Played for five-a-side team called The Jigsaws as we fitted together well but fell apart in the box ...we were re-named The Hacksaws by our opponents for some reason 😉😋😀

The greatest 5 aside team ever at goals were the Cheeky Monkeys, some on here may remember their live up 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

A Walsall reject and a very valuable free agent

Wally splashing his billions again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I heard that Nicholls' nickname is "jigsaw", have they named a stand after him?

Called this because he couldn’t finish a two piece jigsaw puzzle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, magunn said:

Called this because he couldn’t finish a two piece jigsaw puzzle.

No, he’s called jigsaw because he goes to pieces in the box 🙂

Edited by Southport Red
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the new signing is a Luke Leahy (released by Walsall).

With the tramp and Chris Lines gone and apart from the prolific Nicholls I'm struggling to name any of the wessons in the jesters first eleven such is the ever widening gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I heard that Nicholls' nickname is "jigsaw", have they named a stand after him?

No good at corners?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 22:55, Keith Welch said:

They are flying to Ireland with Ryanair for pre-season.

Is it normal for teams to travel with budget airlines?

Why not? Ryanair is probably the best option to get to Ireland flying from Bristol. If it was City would you prefer that they hired a private jet?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, daored said:

Wally will hope so, transfer budget will be their biggest for years if they do 

@Miah Dennehy does wally still attend home games?

I think so, but to be honest I don't particularly go looking for him! I think I did see him in the bar a couple of times last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

It can't be. I've had bespoke cycling jerseys made by small companies with the most elaborate designs (artwork supplied by me). Turnaround a couple of weeks and that includes shipping from China. 

Yes, but I would imagine that would be a one off. Where as we would have to order literally thousands for our fanbase :)

As I said before, I really don't have a clue whether it is more difficult to make quartered shirts or not and from the answers on here no one else does really either. I only mentioned it as it was an excuse the club gave out a couple of seasons ago. Unless there is someone who works for a kit manufacturer on here I'll guess we'll never know and I'm sure none of us will lose too much sleep over that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Why not? Ryanair is probably the best option to get to Ireland flying from Bristol. If it was City would you prefer that they hired a private jet?

Are Lingus fly twice a day and is a far better experience, it is a couple of quid more expensive though which might of been the deciding factor 😄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Why not? Ryanair is probably the best option to get to Ireland flying from Bristol. If it was City would you prefer that they hired a private jet?

No but Aer Lingus less likely to cancel on you aren't they.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

No but Aer Lingus less likely to cancel on you aren't they.

I recon the lickers  should use cuni lingus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another new signing today on loan from Sheffield United (Tyler Smith - a striker).  One of the richest clubs in England still not opening the wallet to any great effect, the only thing in Wael's wallet appears to be a Chelsea season ticket and mothballs

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...