Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

On that note, does anyone know how much the Atyeo cost to rebuild in 1994? I cannot seem to find the data anywhere online.

I can remember it being around £1.5-1.75m of which I think grant from the FA for a lot of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

meatspin.com

I'm intrigued to see if this is still going but there's not chance I'm clicking that in the office! 

Remember getting done with that about 17/18 years ago at school 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MC26 said:

I'm intrigued to see if this is still going but there's not chance I'm clicking that in the office! 

Remember getting done with that about 17/18 years ago at school 😂

Don`t look up Cleveland steamer or Louisiana hot pocket if you want to keep your sanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fatchers said:

He's just got his  Frank Lampards Chelsea , season ticket renewed. Arrived in the post. 

And their billionaire owner will be double happy now they’ve drawn Chelsea in their FL Trophy group...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TomF said:

I can remember it being around £1.5-1.75m of which I think grant from the FA for a lot of it. 

That sounds cheap to demolish a big terrace and build a new stand ... not saying you’re incorrect though ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That sounds cheap to demolish a big terrace and build a new stand ... not saying you’re incorrect though ...

It was 25 years ago mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Now that makes me feel old! Cheers! 🍷

shit that was only that was only a couple of weeks ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That sounds cheap to demolish a big terrace and build a new stand ... not saying you’re incorrect though ...

I have the cost in a BCFC book somewhere. I thought it was about £3m of which half came from an FA grant? Something like that. 

Anyway, it was roughly the same price as a 3 bed terraced house off North Street today. 

Edited by CotswoldRed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think all the atyeo was around 2.75m of which about 1.25m was a grant. So we paid around 1.5m which doesn't seem a lot but you have to remember there isn't all that much to the atyeo and it was 25 years ago.

Also the whole of stokes stadium built around a couple of years later was something like 15m all in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 16:15, BCFC11 said:

 

* Never, ever google ‘blue waffle’

I did. I can't unsee it. This is good advice!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

I did. I can't unsee it. This is good advice!!

Told you!

Take the warning.

No image search, no mind bleach required.

What is seen cannot be unseen.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

So all those years so it cost nearly £2mill, and they think now they could build that and a lansdown stand for 10 to 15 mill 

They “could” build Wembley stadium for £5million and they’d be somewhere in the region of £5million short of being able to do so..! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

1994: The John Atyeo Stand replaces the old away-end terrace, at a cost of £1.8 million.

 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/fanzone/club-history/potted-history/

I seem to recall we originally wanted a two tier stand costing about £2.5m?  Shame as that would have fitted in better with what we have now. Sure they built it with expansion possible but probably cheaper to start again these days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomF said:

I seem to recall we originally wanted a two tier stand costing about £2.5m?  Shame as that would have fitted in better with what we have now. Sure they built it with expansion possible but probably cheaper to start again these days 

I think that idea bit the dust when it was realised that it probably wouldn’t get planning permission due to blocking the light on the houses behind. A two tier stand wouldn’t just be higher, it would go back farther, right up to the boundary of the houses gardens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I think that idea bit the dust when it was realised that it probably wouldn’t get planning permission due to blocking the light on the houses behind. A two tier stand wouldn’t just be higher, it would go back farther, right up to the boundary of the houses gardens. 

Yep was abandoned because of right to light - these days probably would have of got it through 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

How many fiddler's at Kiddie yesterday?

193, kind of irrelevant as it’s only a preseason game but still pretty crap...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

193, kind of irrelevant as it’s only a preseason game but still pretty crap...

City had more in Weston yesterday....

.... and there wasn't even a match! 🤔

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Were they on the roof?

Be fair, they are not used to roofs so you can’t blame 15ers for climbing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least bluegas decided to do what Sags do best whilst City were having their annual meet up in W-s-M.....swaggering around in their jesters outfit.....2418E9A5-43C5-4540-94E3-7B8DC546AFA1.thumb.jpeg.5ea731ffee590362a7d00b66ea2125b3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here they go again 😂........

The MEM is a ******* awful stadium, l have been to every ground in the EFL and ours is definitely in the bottom 5. With no training ground and a Chairman who does not give a ****: BRFC have no chance of keeping it’s better players, while attracting so called “marquee players” , unfortunate but true. The only premier League thing about Rovers are the magnificent supporters.

and here's Billy bullshitter......

Over the last 18 months I have spoken to at least 3 fans who moved to Bristol with their jobs, none of them had any alleagence to either of the 2 Bristol clubs but as football fans visited both grounds.
Whist they said Ashton gate was premier league standard they all preferred the match day experience & atmosphere at the Mem , one of them even now travels on the supporters club away coaches , so perhaps state of the art stadiums aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

  • Haha 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Here they go again 😂........

The MEM is a ******* awful stadium, l have been to every ground in the EFL and ours is definitely in the bottom 5. With no training ground and a Chairman who does not give a ****: BRFC have no chance of keeping it’s better players, while attracting so called “marquee players” , unfortunate but true. The only premier League thing about Rovers are the magnificent supporters.

and here's Billy bullshitter......

Over the last 18 months I have spoken to at least 3 fans who moved to Bristol with their jobs, none of them had any alleagence to either of the 2 Bristol clubs but as football fans visited both grounds.
Whist they said Ashton gate was premier league standard they all preferred the match day experience & atmosphere at the Mem , one of them even now travels on the supporters club away coaches , so perhaps state of the art stadiums aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

What a coincidence his 3 new non bristolians support the gas now, with our attendances rising by 8000+ and there's falling every year you'd almost believed it wasn't true!

Edited by Unan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unan said:

What a coincidence his 3 new non bristolians support the gas now, with our attendances rising by 8000+ and there's falling every year you'd almost believed it wasn't true!

Plastics :noexp:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

and here's Billy bullshitter......

Over the last 18 months I have spoken to at least 3 fans who moved to Bristol with their jobs, none of them had any alleagence to either of the 2 Bristol clubs but as football fans visited both grounds.
Whist they said Ashton gate was premier league standard they all preferred the match day experience & atmosphere at the Mem , one of them even now travels on the supporters club away coaches , so perhaps state of the art stadiums aren’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Yeah interesting to see where he meets these people with new jobs. What I will say is if I moved to say essex for work I would probably watch games at Colchester say as opposed to Ipswich, or Southend etc. Only because it is far cheaper and that they are underdogs. Of course this couldn't possibly be the reason for watching Bristol City or The Liars Fc.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah interesting to see where he meets these people with new jobs. What I will say is if I moved to say essex for work I would probably watch games at Colchester say as opposed to Ipswich, or Southend etc. Only because it is far cheaper and that they are underdogs. Of course this couldn't possibly be the reason for watching Bristol City or The Liars Fc.

The three people he met probably all came here from Cardiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be interested to know just how wide your social circle would need to be to meet three people that moved to Bristol for work, decided to go to both Bristol clubs before choosing one to follow and then all chose the ramshackle bunch.

That Henbury bloke must meet a lot of people!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

I would be interested to know just how wide your social circle would need to be to meet three people that moved to Bristol for work, decided to go to both Bristol clubs before choosing one to follow and then all chose the ramshackle bunch.

That Henbury bloke must meet a lot of people!

Not only that, he's spoken to at least three people who fit those exact circumstances, so there's probably hundreds more...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another saggie on facebook, telling anyone who will listen, how special their support is. It's now 46,000 that went to the Millenium Stadium! Is it just me, or does that number creep up every year? How long before it's 50k?

And how many went to Wembley for their non league final? Any official figures given anywhere, because I'm almost certain it was quite a bit less than 30k.

Screenshot_2019-07-17-19-59-40-626_com.facebook.katana.png

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I would be interested to know just how wide your social circle would need to be to meet three people that moved to Bristol for work, decided to go to both Bristol clubs before choosing one to follow and then all chose the ramshackle bunch.

That Henbury bloke must meet a lot of people!

The comment was ridiculed and challenged by a few of them to be fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Here's another saggie on facebook, telling anyone who will listen, how special their support is. It's now 46,000 that went to the Millenium Stadium! Is it just me, or does that number creep up every year? How long before it's 50k?

And how many went to Wembley for their non league final? Any official figures given anywhere, because I'm almost certain it was quite a bit less than 30k.

Screenshot_2019-07-17-19-59-40-626_com.facebook.katana.png

59,000 attended the Donny game in Cardiff so did the real Rovers only bring 13,000 fans ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nickchippenhamgas
Youth Team
**
Apr 18, 2019 at 8:12am
eric likes this
Quote
wertongas said:
That’s it think small be small my friend!!
 
Well I would rather see the club survive than put its future at risk with something that is not viable. 
 



I just think if we accept league 1 top half or a once every 30 years play in the championship with some of the big boys is what you think we’re good for, or should set our sights on is our goal then a make do and mend 15,000 stadium fits perfectly. Don’t forget we are alleged to have a capacity in excess of 12,000 after recent tent additions! I’m telling you this, if I had Steve lansdowns money the gas would have a 28,000 seat stadium now, and we’d be filling it I’ve no doubt in city’s position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Unan said:
nickchippenhamgas
Youth Team
**
Apr 18, 2019 at 8:12am
eric likes this
Quote
wertongas said:
That’s it think small be small my friend!!
 
Well I would rather see the club survive than put its future at risk with something that is not viable. 
 



I just think if we accept league 1 top half or a once every 30 years play in the championship with some of the big boys is what you think we’re good for, or should set our sights on is our goal then a make do and mend 15,000 stadium fits perfectly. Don’t forget we are alleged to have a capacity in excess of 12,000 after recent tent additions! I’m telling you this, if I had Steve lansdowns money the gas would have a 28,000 seat stadium now, and we’d be filling it I’ve no doubt in city’s position

Yes, of course. They haven't averaged over 10,000 since the mid 1970s, but they'd defeinitely be getting 28,000 every week if they were in the Championship :laugh:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Yes, of course. They haven't averaged over 10,000 since the mid 1970s, but they'd defeinitely be getting 28,000 every week if they were in the Championship :laugh:

Dreamers!

Edited by JackofromSanJavier
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Ah but how many did UNITED bring ?

Ah! Yes the mighty Doncaster United,don’t believe we’ve ever played them,how many times have the sags played them.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yeah interesting to see where he meets these people with new jobs. What I will say is if I moved to say essex for work I would probably watch games at Colchester say as opposed to Ipswich, or Southend etc. Only because it is far cheaper and that they are underdogs. Of course this couldn't possibly be the reason for watching Bristol City or The Liars Fc.

When I moved to London I went to Dulwich Hamlet games despite living closer to Fulham, Chelsea, and even Wimbledon. Dulwich are vastly inferior to those teams and their ground is barely better than the Mem (although there aren't any tents).

Why did I go? It was £8 and you could drink whilst watching the game.

Would I ever have said Dulwich were a bigger club than the ones mentioned above? Absolutely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...