Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

I have a dream.

I have a dream that one day there will be 3 forums. One for the sags, one for us and a third.

The legendary third forum should consist of a community. Sags could talk about Teds and Teds could talk about sags. Sags could pretend to be teds and talk about the sags to teds, and teds could pretend to be sags and talk about teds to the sags. 

The third forum has a wonderful community if you ask me. I mean, the probability of picking a random forum member and them having more than 10 fingers does shoot up dramatically, but they're not a bad bunch really...

I guess we are lucky in as much as Southampton are as far away as they are.must be harder in places where there is more than ONE REAL TEAM  IN A CITY.. 

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure of the current situation or , the regs etc but back then they certainly had a ‘Centre of excellence in Bath and we’re sweeping up most of  the best kids around Bristol , Bath & South Wales

It didn’t help that the Gas were a bit of a shambles and , post 82 we were still trying to put in place some sort of network to find and develop those up to age of 16 (When YTS was order of the day)   , We had nothing of a structure until JJ came in 

They've definitely still got a base in Bath. In fact, Louis Carey is the U16 coach there!

12 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

They've definitely still got a base in Bath. In fact, Louis Carey is the U16 coach there!

When I was involved in kids football it was always Southampton snapping up the best kids (Brian Tinnion was involved with them).

I always thought it was a crying shame, these kids who were half decent , getting picked up at ridiculously young ages and in many cases their parents encouraging it.

Let them play with their mates, if they really are good enough the clubs will get them when it matters.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

I have a dream.

I have a dream that one day there will be 3 forums. One for the sags, one for us and a third.

The legendary third forum should consist of a community. Sags could talk about Teds and Teds could talk about sags. Sags could pretend to be teds and talk about the sags to teds, and teds could pretend to be sags and talk about teds to the sags. 

The third forum has a wonderful community if you ask me. I mean, the probability of picking a random forum member and them having more than 10 fingers does shoot up dramatically, but they're not a bad bunch really...

Should change your forum name to martinlutherkingisared.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

When I was involved in kids football it was always Southampton snapping up the best kids (Brian Tinnion was involved with them).

I always thought it was a crying shame, these kids who were half decent , getting picked up at ridiculously young ages and in many cases their parents encouraging it.

Let them play with their mates, if they really are good enough the clubs will get them when it matters.

We used to live in Southport and my daughter grew up with a group that included Jack Rodwell. He had been signed to Everton at a very early age. He wasn’t allowed to play for the school football team and was exempted from a lot of games lesson activities. Consequently, never experienced the joys of a kickabout with his mates. 

14 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

If anything both City and Rovers fans have some absolute mongs supporting them.

But one thing I'm glad we don't have is a racist sect of fans. I'm gonna throw the gashead line that I know mates who see it all the time in their end behind the goal.

If you are going to make a point about racism and idiotic fans, it's probably best not to use a racist (and insulting to Down's Syndrome) word to describe them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-30129358

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That made me chuckle 😀

56 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If you feel the need to associate MLK with a colour, then you’ve probably missed the whole point of his life..! 

Obviously I'm joking..! (No, not Martin’s brother/sister, Jo..!)

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Agree with this 100%

My boy will be going into u7's next season and about 5/6 of them have been snapped up by City, all of them aged SIX!! Far too early for them to even understand.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

If you are going to make a point about racism and idiotic fans, it's probably best not to use a racist (and insulting to Down's Syndrome) word to describe them.

Down’s syndrome can’t be insulted but people and their families with downs syndrome could be your frankly insulting and I’ll thought out remarks! They’re a people and tar them with the same brush is disgusting!

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

To be fair, that’s a bit like saying that calling someone a

bar-steward (you know what I mean) is actually an accusation of illegitimate parental status at the time of their birth. It’s usually not, and just implies that you think they’re a bit of an arse. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

isn't it something to do with them having a percentage of citys catchment area due to them being partially surrounded by the sea?

seem to recall this being discussed not too long ago and must have been on here as I don't go on other forums

This was certainly the case in the late 90's. To be fair they didn't get the all of the cream though as City's age groups would regularly spank them.

10 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Yes they were both born deaf

He should have invented the braille phone.

10 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Crikey, some nibbles on here.

🎣

I just hope Mark Little sleeps well at night.

It’s not fishing or nibbles though, it’s just showing what a thick bunch of muppets the majority of your fan base actually are

48 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

Down’s syndrome can’t be insulted but people and their families with downs syndrome could be your frankly insulting and I’ll thought out remarks! They’re a people and tar them with the same brush is disgusting!

Are you trying to make a point there? 

The word “person I disagree with” is racist in origin and was used against people who have Down’s Syndrome. 

I wasn’t having a go at Kodjias Wrist as I know people use the word without realising what it means. 

I guess my post should have had “Down’s Syndrome people”, apologies for missing out a word. There were bugger all insults in my post though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Are you trying to make a point there? 

The word “person I disagree with” is racist in origin and was used against people who have Down’s Syndrome. 

I wasn’t having a go at Kodjias Wrist as I know people use the word without realising what it means. 

I guess my post should have had “Down’s Syndrome people”, apologies for missing out a word. There were bugger all insults in my post though. 

No point really it’s just the word person I disagree with isn’t mutually exclusive to Down syndrome any more than idiot or imbecile! Words and meanings change! 

The word person I disagree with is sort for mongrel as far as I was aware when I was kid (not that I used it)! 

No offense meant but people get far to offended for everything these days!

4 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

No point really it’s just the word person I disagree with isn’t mutually exclusive to Down syndrome any more than idiot or imbecile! Words and meanings change! 

The word person I disagree with is sort for mongrel as far as I was aware when I was kid (not that I used it)! 

No offense meant but people get far to offended for everything these days!

Words do change, but "person I disagree with" has a very clear meaning.  Nobody here was offended by the use of the word, I was just pointing out the irony of a post about racism that used the word.

It's no biggie though, I can't be arsed to argue on this.

12 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Words do change, but "person I disagree with" has a very clear meaning.  Nobody here was offended by the use of the word, I was just pointing out the irony of a post about racism that used the word.

It's no biggie though, I can't be arsed to argue on this.

Well its even more ironic given your avatar. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/comedy/features/mock-the-disabled-me-ricky-gervais-on-how-he-has-been-misunderstood-7621909.html%3famp

As @Bar BS3 and @hail gus cesaerdepends how it is interpreted. But agree i had no idea of origins as i expect many don't.

14 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

15k.......big money !

Slarti - you've forgotten the £500 add-on for his immaculate coiffure.....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well its even more ironic given your avatar. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/comedy/features/mock-the-disabled-me-ricky-gervais-on-how-he-has-been-misunderstood-7621909.html%3famp

As @Bar BS3 and @hail gus cesaerdepends how it is interpreted. But agree i had no idea of origins as i expect many don't.

Can I kindly request you guys take this to a pm or another thread so we can all get back to the task in hand

that is laughing and continuing mocking of rovers and all the stupid cock ups

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Can I kindly request you guys take this to a pm or another thread so we can all get back to the task in hand

**** the gas!

18 minutes ago, hail gus cesaer said:

**** the gas!

I wondered why some of their forum members post F T G at the end of their message. Now I know what the F stands for.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Seconded.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Apologies if the thread was derailed. I agree with getting back to taking the piss out of the ragbag lot from down the road.

Edited by BS2 Red
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

He didn’t invent it he stole the idea and patented first.

He never spoke to his wife or mother on the phone ever. Any idea why without googling it? 

Both his wife and mother were deaf, hence his interest in speech and hearing  - something I remember from my junior schooldays: I may be wrong - it was a long time ago - but I seem to recall that he refused to actually use the telephone.

One thing that has always intrigued/amused me is that we often say 'I'll give him a call, or a 'bell': isn't it a lovely coincidence that the name of the telephone's inventor is so closely aligned with his actual invention?

Alexander Graham Bell is not the only inventor to have his name incorporated in to everyday language: just think of Hoover and, of course, who could ever forget the famous English plumber, Thomas Crapper?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OneCity said:

Rovers, 1883?

Rovers weren't even admitted to the Football League until 1920.

19 years behind us.

One of the oldest LEAGUE clubs? They're not even a hundred years old.

And as stated, arguably just 4 years old.

They weren’t called Bristol Rovers until 1899 either ...

18 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Jeez I thought I was quick BS4 was like lightning with that reply...well done sir

I was the one who posed the question ... I was just confirming the sixth player!

I can certainly see another season coming where we are fighting for promotion, they are battling against relegation, our crowds are going up, theirs falling and them boasting that they have the best fans in the world because they actually have nothing to boast about and never had.

Looking forward to it, but they are coming for us 😀

6 hours ago, 22A said:

I wondered why some of their forum members post F T G at the end of their message. Now I know what the F stands for.

One the mods changed the code so if one of they pesky little gasheads type FTG it comes out FTG!

Edited by hail gus cesaer

From an HITC article by Peter O'Rourke ... 

Bristol Rovers are reluctant to lose their star striker, but they could be forced to cash-in on Clarke-Harris for the right offer due to tight finances at the club.

Clarke-Harris is understood to have a buy-out in his contract and Bristol Rovers are bracing themselves for offers for the former Oldham and Rotherham forward

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Bristol Rovers are reluctant to lose their star striker, but they could be forced to cash-in on Clarke-Harris for the right offer due to tight finances at the club.

Clarke-Harris is understood to have a buy-out in his contract and Bristol Rovers are bracing themselves for offers for the former Oldham and Rotherham forward

Go on Steve, you know you want to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

SL breaks out the cheque book...."Sorry, did you say £300k or £10m?"

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Steve should buy the Fruit Market thats what some are pinning their hopes on. Now that would be funny as ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

We could Crowdfund it? 16,000 season ticket holders, £20 each.  We can give the extra £20,000 to CHSW.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Steve should buy the Fruit Market thats what some are pinning their hopes on. Now that would be funny as ****.

And then string them along for a bit letting them think they have a chance of using the site before saying `Nah. **** it, I`m building student flats on it`

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Paulton won 2-0.

And Birmingham won 6-1 against Swindon today.

So a Brum 2nd string against the Pikeys tomorrow.

They'll cream themselves if they win that :laughcont:

Arseholes.

Hello Pikeys - we know you are there :sub:

28 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Bracing themselves?  Give me strength......

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And then string them along for a bit letting them think they have a chance of using the site before saying `Nah. **** it, I`m building student flats on it`

I actually wish SL would buy them via some third party then sell the ground to get the purchase price back and send them to Twerton "whilst projects are being explored"

Then **** off into the sunset.

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Bracing themselves?  Give me strength......

Be fair. They are skint and the cost of dentistry is significant so not surprising they would go down the DIY route..

bracing.jpeg