Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Wow!  wot about this heat then?

Naturally with the facilities at The Gate everyone's remained pretty cool... COYR's always cool! 

Meanwhile..

Reports from Horfield say the heat has been extremely in tents at The Mem..... Naturally!! 

It's been that warm at the mem that they've taken the roof off the toilets.

sh.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

But, but a Birmingham fan told them it was authentic and genuine and a proper football ground. And Ashton Gate smells of poo.

So who do we believe?

I've often wondered why they lie so much, must be the fumes from that stale Fanta.  Not sure why they are getting agitated by Swansea, who are a bigger club than them in every aspect

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And now the Jacks have gone and upset the blue few on Sagshat 😏, ahead of their glamour pre season friendly at the dump

___________

Just had a quick read of a couple of Swansea forums, pompus w@nkers but they are bang on about the stadium:

- When you see all the big tops you are in the right place, its not billy smarts although there will be plenty of clowns wearing blue and white.
- When you get to the ground the away end is the shed at the end of the allotments.
- I am looking forward to seeing peoples comments after the game as this is the worst ground you will visit.


Those Jack ****ts should remember where they came from. I remember attending the vetch and sharing the away terrace with weeds and thistles up to my waist. Attendance that day had to be around 1200 as well. Couple of seasons in the Prem and decent stint in the championship has warped em. They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

 

🤣

Yet they wonder why we continue to take the piss on this thread??? 

This thick moron reckons Swansea fans should remember where they came from because he remembers going to the Vetch,  well this would of been over 15 years ago ATLEAST!! It’s not something anything or anyone associated with the Fewers but it’s called progress, and have moved on from the 70’s unlike them. Bitter and jealous little turd clearly doesn’t like anyone other than a fellow Sag when stating facts about Chernobyl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stawey said:

fear not i understand they are going on a training camp at severn beach

Surprised with the wealth of Wally, they didn't go overseas to Barry Island.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet they wonder why we continue to take the piss on this thread??? 

This thick moron reckons Swansea fans should remember where they came from because he remembers going to the Vetch,  well this would of been over 15 years ago ATLEAST!! It’s not something anything or anyone associated with the Fewers but it’s called progress, and have moved on from the 70’s unlike them. Bitter and jealous little turd clearly doesn’t like anyone other than a fellow Sag when stating facts about Chernobyl.

the Vetch Field was a state of the art stadia compared to the Minimal (how anyone can label it a 'stadium' is one of life's mysteries)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, stawey said:

fear not i understand they are going on a training camp at severn beach

About the same mammoth distance as their original pre season ‘tour’ to Bath, that they were supposedly let down on then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobbyC said:

It's been that warm at the mem that they've taken the roof off the toilets.

sh.JPG

Good on them, I had no idea that their improvement grant application had been accepted, let alone the new facilities up and running already. With state of the art removable roof too?  Wow that IS impressive. These things usually take time. 

A great way to 'get rid of the Gas' as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet they wonder why we continue to take the piss on this thread??? 

This thick moron reckons Swansea fans should remember where they came from because he remembers going to the Vetch,  well this would of been over 15 years ago ATLEAST!! It’s not something anything or anyone associated with the Fewers but it’s called progress, and have moved on from the 70’s unlike them. Bitter and jealous little turd clearly doesn’t like anyone other than a fellow Sag when stating facts about Chernobyl.

There were only 1,200 there and Rovers took over 3,000..!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And now the Jacks have gone and upset the blue few on Sagshat 😏, ahead of their glamour pre season friendly at the dump

___________

Just had a quick read of a couple of Swansea forums, pompus w@nkers but they are bang on about the stadium:

- When you see all the big tops you are in the right place, its not billy smarts although there will be plenty of clowns wearing blue and white.
- When you get to the ground the away end is the shed at the end of the allotments.
- I am looking forward to seeing peoples comments after the game as this is the worst ground you will visit.


Those Jack ****ts should remember where they came from. I remember attending the vetch and sharing the away terrace with weeds and thistles up to my waist. Attendance that day had to be around 1200 as well. Couple of seasons in the Prem and decent stint in the championship has warped em. They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

 

🤣

No BJs for Swansea fans in ‘the welly’ tonight then....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to have been a weird game. Swansea put out a very strong team and the sags put out a decent quality team with a few younger players in it. In fact second half the sags had almost an U23s team. But yeah, Swansea definitely weren't playing their youth team. I'm not getting overly excited because two losses to Championship level opposition is, well, expected for them. They play Plymouth away in a friendly on Saturday. If they get battered by them, reminiscent of their 4-0 drubbing to Exeter last season, that will be the time to get excited. With Bury and Bolton both on minus 12 points, depleted squads and Clarke-Harris imo looking like he's not going to leave then relegation seems unlikely to me. Their financial situation is a completely different beast though, which is clear through the fact they haven't spent anything this window!

 

EDIT: Think about it like this. The longer Rovers are in League 1, the more we get to see them lose, and the higher the probability of them getting even worse financially. 

Edited by Mattyisared
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

All paranoid about not being in a video about Bristol. 

Its not fair

 

They can cry and stamp their feet/hooves as much as they like but it was only a couple of years ago that they were desperately trying to move OUT of Bristol (again).

I never see anyone wearing sag shirts in public anyway so I don’t know why they get so pissy about the lack of sag shirts in some poxy Council video?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And now the Jacks have gone and upset the blue few on Sagshat 😏, ahead of their glamour pre season friendly at the dump

___________

Just had a quick read of a couple of Swansea forums, pompus w@nkers but they are bang on about the stadium:

- When you see all the big tops you are in the right place, its not billy smarts although there will be plenty of clowns wearing blue and white.
- When you get to the ground the away end is the shed at the end of the allotments.
- I am looking forward to seeing peoples comments after the game as this is the worst ground you will visit.


Those Jack ****ts should remember where they came from. I remember attending the vetch and sharing the away terrace with weeds and thistles up to my waist. Attendance that day had to be around 1200 as well. Couple of seasons in the Prem and decent stint in the championship has warped em. They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

 

🤣

That can’t be right - a gashead attended an away match at The Vetch and the crowd was ‘around 1,200’ - no way, da gas take massive numbers away it’s ‘just what they do’ - so surely they’d have taken 5k+ to a relatively short distance away day?! 

Or perhaps their away following is just quite crap ...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is from their official report of the game

Quote

Fulton did go off as McKay came on, so we could potentially claim that word compound, although in reality McKay replaced Routledge, if you really want to keep up with appearances....

Joel Asoro nudged in on the line in stoppage minutes to add insult to injury time, but Rovers will come on for the run-out, for sure....

Attendance: 2,076 (568 away)

Does anyone speak gas? If so please translate.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/match-report-swansea-city/

Edited by CiderJar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Does rather skew the L1 relegation competition this season doesn't it.

Well, I wouldn't write off Bury.

As for Bolton.....:mf_sleep:and goodbye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

This is from their official report of the game

Does anyone speak gas? If so please translate.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/match-report-swansea-city/

You'd probably have to be over 50 to get it. Fulton McKay was the nasty bastard prison warder in Ronnie Barker's Porridge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

This is from their official report of the game

Does anyone speak gas? If so please translate.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/match-report-swansea-city/

In fairness, their home support over the last 2 matches would have over filled 1/3rd of the south stand at Ashton Gate 👏  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And now the Jacks have gone and upset the blue few on Sagshat 😏, ahead of their glamour pre season friendly at the dump

___________

Just had a quick read of a couple of Swansea forums, pompus w@nkers but they are bang on about the stadium:

- When you see all the big tops you are in the right place, its not billy smarts although there will be plenty of clowns wearing blue and white.
- When you get to the ground the away end is the shed at the end of the allotments.
- I am looking forward to seeing peoples comments after the game as this is the worst ground you will visit.


Those Jack ****ts should remember where they came from. I remember attending the vetch and sharing the away terrace with weeds and thistles up to my waist. Attendance that day had to be around 1200 as well. Couple of seasons in the Prem and decent stint in the championship has warped em. They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

 

🤣

They are lucky to be in a one club city with a forward thinking council.

 Forward thinking council!!! Bloody cheek!

Typical sags, its always someone else's fault  wanting someone else to pay for their new ground, its Wycombe's fault we got relegated, anyone with the slightest difference of opinion is shouted down and banned as a Ted, we're too big for the ground yet have hardly sold out in years.

Forward thinking council?!?! About time their  charlatan owner put his hands in his pocket.

He IS right about one thing though, this is a ONE CLUB CITY, hopefully that total embarrassment blot on the landscape in North Bristol will soon fade away 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

Seems to have been a weird game. Swansea put out a very strong team and the sags put out a decent quality team with a few younger players in it. In fact second half the sags had almost an U23s team. But yeah, Swansea definitely weren't playing their youth team. I'm not getting overly excited because two losses to Championship level opposition is, well, expected for them. They play Plymouth away in a friendly on Saturday. If they get battered by them, reminiscent of their 4-0 drubbing to Exeter last season, that will be the time to get excited. With Bury and Bolton both on minus 12 points, depleted squads and Clarke-Harris imo looking like he's not going to leave then relegation seems unlikely to me. Their financial situation is a completely different beast though, which is clear through the fact they haven't spent anything this window!

 

EDIT: Think about it like this. The longer Rovers are in League 1, the more we get to see them lose, and the higher the probability of them getting even worse financially. 

Steady on their mate! Only the Sags would think their squad is quality when in fact they are absolute Dogshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awww the poor little Saggies are upset as they didn’t get a mention in a YouTube video, and obviously reason why not even 1 Sag was present is that they were playing away that weekend and the whole world knows how amazing their away following is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PmZSdQWk1oM&feature=youtu.be

Blame SL

FTG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Awww the poor little Saggies are upset as they didn’t get a mention in a YouTube video, and obviously reason why not even 1 Sag was present is that they were playing away that weekend and the whole world knows how amazing their away following is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PmZSdQWk1oM&feature=youtu.be

Blame SL

FTG

When was this filmed? I feel a little sorry for the guy with away shirt with Hegeler on the back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Awww the poor little Saggies are upset as they didn’t get a mention in a YouTube video, and obviously reason why not even 1 Sag was present is that they were playing away that weekend and the whole world knows how amazing their away following is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PmZSdQWk1oM&feature=youtu.be

Blame SL

FTG

They were not in the video because as we know they are racists who attack horses, and they refused point blank to be involved in anything where there were ‘Gert Ted’s’ and ‘Anyone wearing red’. They would have ended up causing trouble followed by playing the victim. So they ended up in their own Neanderthal circle on a different planet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

They were not in the video because as we know they are racists who attack horses, and they refused point blank to be involved in anything where there were ‘Gert Ted’s’ and ‘Anyone wearing red’. They would have ended up causing trouble followed by playing the victim. So they ended up in their own Neanderthal circle on a different planet. 

Oh I don't know, they were massively supportive of Bristol's World Cup bid.. oh hold on...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Well, I wouldn't write off Bury.

As for Bolton.....:mf_sleep:and goodbye.

@bcfc01 Bury will struggle, not only has their boss joined Argyle, but he's already signed FIVE of his previous squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sags saying Swansea dominated them, didn't we get 6 points and totally control both games?

 

In the end we were worn down by Swansea's superb movement and imagination.

Thankfully, we won't face anything as good as that in League 1.

Edited by Unan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2019 at 22:09, Ska Junkie said:
Inevitably!
 
"Good to be playing against Bristol Rovers today, on my way down. Proper club #brfc are, #gasheads are proper top notch folk. As for #BristolCity...their fans are proper sad, strange folks desperate to relegate us a couple of years ago. Ashton Gate smells like poo as well."
mangogas15 Avatar
mangogas15



Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/8308/bcfc-sellout#ixzz5uRWPJnMX

Well this Brum fan thought different

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, somered said:

Well this Brum fan thought different

 

no surprise he had them on strings, most of the fanbase are muppets after all (the ones on here excepted of course).  Is it any wonder they did not feature in that council video, it was to avoid the embarrassment to Bristol that they bring daily to our fair city

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But everybody loves the quarters!

I clicked through out of interest, this was on the Plymouth Herald, as the reporter clearly does love them and was suggested in the headline that Plymouth didn't like us for some reason.  The results are rather different.

Quote

Exeter City, Portsmouth and Bristol City? Who are the teams Plymouth Argyle fans love to hate the most?

 

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/argyle-exeter-portsmouth-rivalry-league-3124750

Rivals.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

But everybody loves the quarters!

I clicked through out of interest, this was on the Plymouth Herald, as the reporter clearly does love them and was suggested in the headline that Plymouth didn't like us for some reason.  The results are rather different.

 

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/argyle-exeter-portsmouth-rivalry-league-3124750

Rivals.jpg

 

 

Here's ours, no real surprises.

 

image.png

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Here's ours, no real surprises.

 

image.png

I’ve only ever sensed ambivalence towards ManU. Can’t believe that they are as disliked amongst our supporters as are Leeds! Villa certainly - surprised that they don’t make the list. 

And Bury fans dislike us? WTF?!!!

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Hm, I'd have expected Swindon and Cardiff somewhere on the list of clubs who don't like us.

But Bury and Burnley? What have we ever done to upset them?

 

They don't really dislike us; those are tiny percentages. If you look at the Plymouth one then loads of people dislike them but for us, bar Rovers, nobody really does. 

Our second place is only 17% from Preston compared with Plymouth's second being 60% from those friendly Rovers fans that everyone really likes honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Hm, I'd have expected Swindon and Cardiff somewhere on the list of clubs who don't like us.

But Bury and Burnley? What have we ever done to upset them?

 

Quite, the thick flat capped  ,whippet shagging , pigeon fancying northern wassocks, what have we ever done to upset them.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Here's ours, no real surprises.

 

image.png

 

 

The clubs that dislike us, what small percentages - seems we are liked outside of Rovers. I mean of the top 5 clubs that hate us we have 17%, 14% 9% and 4% rate - wow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

The clubs that dislike us, what small percentages - seems we are liked outside of Rovers. I mean of the top 5 clubs that hate us we have 17%, 14% 9% and 4% rate - wow 

F’ck me, look at us getting deluded. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

F’ck me, look at us getting deluded. ;)

HA HA HA!

Surpised Swindon aren't on the 'haters' list. Maybe we're just too bloody good for them to hate? ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

F’ck me, look at us getting deluded. ;)

It's the first step on a descending slippery slope of neediness that ends up with us sidling up to Sunderland fans in a bar and asking if they like us more than Rovers fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Quite, the thick flat capped  ,whippet shagging , pigeon fancying northern wassocks, what have we ever done to upset them.

Not to mention black puddings and ferrets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...