Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Thanks Redtucks.

No idea if it's actually him mind.

Could just use the name for posting on here.

We've got Alan Dicks posting on here but I'm pretty sure it's not the real one!!!!

:rofl2br:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

No idea if it's actually him mind.

Could just use the name for posting on here.

We've got Alan Dicks posting on here but I'm pretty sure it's not the real one!!!!

:rofl2br:

 

Ok Miah over too you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

No idea if it's actually him mind.

Could just use the name for posting on here.

We've got Alan Dicks posting on here but I'm pretty sure it's not the real one!!!!

:rofl2br:

 

I’m one of the few to post under their real name. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Coombsy said:

U w e have all ready ear marked the fruit marked for students living as as the paint works

the only thing weal is buying is more time

Dont think Wael has much time left given the feelings that Rovers fans are venting across social media sites.

It would be interesting to find out wjo the "third party" is who made an offer for the land.

And as we all know, the area got a big fat NO from BCC for the proposed new Arena because of the transport network and parking.

No reason to think they would allow a new BRFC stadium here as well.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dolman Block B said:

Dont think Wael has much time left given the feelings that Rovers fans are venting across social media sites.

It would be interesting to find out wjo the "third party" is who made an offer for the land.

And as we all know, the area got a big fat NO from BCC for the proposed new Arena because of the transport network and parking.

No reason to think they would allow a new BRFC stadium here as well.

 

 

 

 

There’s about 10 parking bays at the nearby Dog’s Home which if made available on match days should be more than enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Dont think Wael has much time left given the feelings that Rovers fans are venting across social media sites.

It would be interesting to find out wjo the "third party" is who made an offer for the land.

And as we all know, the area got a big fat NO from BCC for the proposed new Arena because of the transport network and parking.

No reason to think they would allow a new BRFC stadium here as well.

Was that the REAL reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Dont think Wael has much time left given the feelings that Rovers fans are venting across social media sites.

It would be interesting to find out wjo the "third party" is who made an offer for the land.

And as we all know, the area got a big fat NO from BCC for the proposed new Arena because of the transport network and parking.

No reason to think they would allow a new BRFC stadium here as well.

 

 

 

 

Some belter on their forum claiming the consortium is Lancer Scott plus a Community Invesment Consortium. Someone else suggested that objections might be raised about the benefits to the community of building a stadium for a private company that already owns a stadium that it doesn't fill.

Also doesn't Lancer Scott still sponsor the BS basketball team ?

If there is any mileage in a CIC whatsoever then I predict lots of questions being put to the regulator of such organisations.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Dont think Wael has much time left given the feelings that Rovers fans are venting across social media sites.

It would be interesting to find out wjo the "third party" is who made an offer for the land.

And as we all know, the area got a big fat NO from BCC for the proposed new Arena because of the transport network and parking.

No reason to think they would allow a new BRFC stadium here as well.

 

 

 

 

But they were expecting big crowds for an arena. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, class not gas said:

Mia Dennhey did you ever play for the Rovers? Saw a team sheet for City v Rovers Anglo Scottish Cup, City won 6-1 and rovers had a m Dennhey playing for them that day.

You mean this one  🤣

cg.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I’m one of the few to post under their real name. 

Any written correspondence to Rudolf should be addressed to,

Mr R. Hucker,

Cockwellyn,

Tillit,

Herts.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just for clarification,  a club that can't even get a bracket for a big TV is suddenly going to find Circa 40 mill down the back of the sofa to build a stadium  ? This is the same club that used a pergola for a disabled shelter and a tent for a stand.....OK then.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, myol'man said:

You mean this one  🤣

cg.JPG

My first ever City game in the Grandstand with the old man, I can still picture that goal. Does anyone know when this was, I'm thinking 1976-77?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

My first ever City game in the Grandstand with the old man, I can still picture that goal. Does anyone know when this was, I'm thinking 1976-77?

Not sure on date but was definitely  the Anglo Scottish Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

My first ever City game in the Grandstand with the old man, I can still picture that goal. Does anyone know when this was, I'm thinking 1976-77?

Question answered Aug 1978. The internet is a wonderful thing. This made me only just 7, so I guess that I can be forgiven for not remembering the date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I’m one of the few to post under their real name. 

You and me both.

signed,

Redrick Robboson

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hope Wally hasn't already started taking the tents down yet.

This sounds somewhat less positive.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-fruit-market-shareholder-responds-3179602

 

A fairly standard response and fair play to him. Gasheads now saying the council will compulsory purchase the site for new development to include high end apartments and a stadium....

Most of them are genuinely off their heads.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W A Q aka the shifty Arab is full of $hit, stalling for time and its only a red herring to pacify them thick enough to believe his tripe

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

So just for clarification,  a club that can't even get a bracket for a big TV is suddenly going to find Circa 40 mill down the back of the sofa to build a stadium  ? This is the same club that used a pergola for a disabled shelter and a tent for a stand.....OK then.

Or find £49 and some change for a taxi for a Ryan Air flight for that poor unfortunate player cockman agreed to buy from the Irish non league but its been held up due to some unforeseen problems with "paperwork"

The gift!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hope Wally hasn't already started taking the tents down yet.

This sounds somewhat less positive.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-fruit-market-shareholder-responds-3179602

 

What wael has done is just shaft himself,

as he’s announced his intention before actually speaking to the owners, said owners now know how desperate rovers are and will do a Sainsbury’s is ask for well above markets rate,

what ever the land is worth rovers will now have to pay triple for it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

A fairly standard response and fair play to him. Gasheads now saying the council will compulsory purchase the site for new development to include high end apartments and a stadium....

Most of them are genuinely off their heads.

That won’t happen as what ever aid they give the gas they also have to give us,

thanks to the fuss they made in 1982 and them not letting the council help us,

precedent has been set and pay back is a bitch :laugh: 

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

So just for clarification,  a club that can't even get a bracket for a big TV is suddenly going to find Circa 40 mill down the back of the sofa to build a stadium  ? This is the same club that used a pergola for a disabled shelter and a tent for a stand.....OK then.

And also can’t release an away shirt in time for the start of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, edada said:

And also can’t release an away shirt in time for the start of the season. 

they did have one, but lent it to Mansfield who haven’t given it back yet 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

What wael has done is just shaft himself,

as he’s announced his intention before actually speaking to the owners, said owners now know how desperate rovers are and will do a Sainsbury’s is ask for well above markets rate,

what ever the land is worth rovers will now have to pay triple for it

Precisely.

Therefore Roverzzz can't buy it because the "goalposts changed"

Greedy bastard market owners.

Poor old Wael, man of integrity, carried down Gloucester Road, blah blah blah

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Sir Steve should buy the plot just to piss them off

Of he could just buy a 1 meter square of land there, right in the middle.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been reading the gaschat forum to see what’s being said about the Weal claim of trying to build a stadium on the fruit market site.

They are completely deluded and delusional, how long will before they start having a campaign to boycott the Sunday morning market because they blame the owners of the market that they don’t have a super doper stadium to call their own.

What we know according to the regional director of Total Produce speaking on Radios Bristol, who is one of the owners the market, is that the site is not for sale but if someone makes an offer they couldn’t refuse they would consider it. He did go on to say they are very happy with their home .  Now apparently on sagchat he is  “only the regional director “ and therefore he haven’t been told the site is being sold off, or he is not telling the truth.  Seriously these gas head have really lost the plot.

An offer was made on the site  by an unnamed buyer and was turned down a few months ago.  

The Fruit market holds a cards , they have a very valuable piece of land but also the location fits in with their business. I see many gas heads are saying it’s a win for the fruit market for to relocate to an out of town location again this shows but this is not strictly true.  The fruit market is an wholesale business which means all the independent restaurants and fruit and veg shops in Bristol will go to the market everyday to purchase their fresh produce so the site in an convenient location for most of their customers and fact which most of the gasheads are unable to comprehend.

This story is really a non starter.  We have one of the most valuable pieces of real estate in Bristol with an owners who have no need to sale . Also the cost of the build and the infrastructure required puts this scheme in fantasy land. 

The gas are really the gift that keeps on giving if they believe that this stadium will every see the light of day.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Just been reading the gaschat forum to see what’s being said about the Weal claim of trying to build a stadium on the fruit market site.

They are completely deluded and delusional, how long will before they start having a campaign to boycott the Sunday morning market because they blame the owners of the market that they don’t have a super doper stadium to call their own.

What we know according to the regional director of Total Produce speaking on Radios Bristol, who is one of the owners the market, is that the site is not for sale but if someone makes an offer they couldn’t refuse they would consider it. He did go on to say they are very happy with their home .  Now apparently on sagchat he is  “only the regional director “ and therefore he haven’t been told the site is being sold off, or he is not telling the truth.  Seriously these gas head have really lost the plot.

An offer was made on the site  by an unnamed buyer and was turned down a few months ago.  

The Fruit market holds a cards , they have a very valuable piece of land but also the location fits in with their business. I see many gas heads are saying it’s a win for the fruit market for to relocate to an out of town location again this shows but this is not strictly true.  The fruit market is an wholesale business which means all the independent restaurants and fruit and veg shops in Bristol will go to the market everyday to purchase their fresh produce so the site in an convenient location for most of their customers and fact which most of the gasheads are unable to comprehend.

This story is really a non starter.  We have one of the most valuable pieces of real estate in Bristol with an owners who have no need to sale . Also the cost of the build and the infrastructure required puts this scheme in fantasy land. 

The gas are really the gift that keeps on giving if they believe that this stadium will every see the light of day.

 

 

Yep. 6-24 months of guaranteed entertainment this will be for City fans.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

That won’t happen as what ever aid they give the gas they also have to give us,

thanks to the fuss they made in 1982 and them not letting the council help us,

precedent has been set and pay back is a bitch :laugh:

I sincerely hope we use all resources available to make sure they get fuckall public funding, or preferential terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread, but turns out that the 15ers "unique" blue and white quarters, aren't even unique in League One... :dunno:

0_Portrait_Details_Coventry_Home_Story_F

How come Coventry manage to make it look slightly less hideous..?! It can’t be just the different badge, surely..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

A fairly standard response and fair play to him. Gasheads now saying the council will compulsory purchase the site for new development to include high end apartments and a stadium....

Most of them are genuinely off their heads.

Imagine my shock, they expect the council to buy the land for them, something for nothing again. They are the most deluded fan base in the history of deluded fanbases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

That won’t happen as what ever aid they give the gas they also have to give us,

thanks to the fuss they made in 1982 and them not letting the council help us,

precedent has been set and pay back is a bitch :laugh:

Probably even more difficult than that Monkeh , if the Council gave us and the gAss anything , anyone that didn't like or follow football would be up in arms about their Council tax. being wasted. Keyboard hipster warriors would be out in force.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Probably even more difficult than that Monkeh , if the Council gave us and the gAss anything , anyone that didn't like or follow football would be up in arms about their Council tax. being wasted. Keyboard hipster warriors would be out in force.

They would be right though to be fair.

Commercuial enterprises getting public funds when we have homeless kipping in doorways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going down the A4 on the way home tonight there's not a chance a football ground will be built on that site.

As for getting it done within two years. I'd bet if they started demolishing tomorrow it wouldn't be ready by then 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having had a bit of a think about the numbers invovled in this pipe dream, could the more finance savvy members of OTIB confirm the following thoughts:

Right now, the SAGs are losing money hand over fist however, Wally and Co (He's a lovely man) are keeping the club afloat by putting money into the club to pay the bills. However, if things go tits up or if Wally gets on his camel and rides out of town, the family have secured there investment against the mem so get their cash back (sort of) in any sale. Having said that, as I understand it, the value of the family's loans now equals the value of the Mem therefore any more money that gets shunted in wlil be at a loss to the family if they sell up unless they get a cracking good price for the ground.

Furthermore then, when the site of the Mem gets sold as part of the move, all the proceeds from this sale are currently owed to the family. Unless Wally and Co put that money back into the new stadium the total money they'll have to invest from the sale of the Mem is zero. That means the whole amount of cash or a vast percentage of it is going to come from the investment banks. This means that the payments will have to be made and kept being made otherwise they're going to take they're money back and it's bye bye Saggys.

The final question then, is how is a club currently making a multi million pound loss going to find the money to turn that loss into a profit and pay off an approximate 45 million pound loan ? Even with a potential increase of gate revenue from the new stadium novelty value there's nothing to suggest they'll start making that kind of money any time soon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Having had a bit of a think about the numbers invovled in this pipe dream, could the more finance savvy members of OTIB confirm the following thoughts:

Right now, the SAGs are losing money hand over fist however, Wally and Co (He's a lovely man) are keeping the club afloat by putting money into the club to pay the bills. However, if things go tits up or if Wally gets on his camel and rides out of town, the family have secured there investment against the mem so get their cash back (sort of) in any sale. Having said that, as I understand it, the value of the family's loans now equals the value of the Mem therefore any more money that gets shunted in wlil be at a loss to the family if they sell up unless they get a cracking good price for the ground.

Furthermore then, when the site of the Mem gets sold as part of the move, all the proceeds from this sale are currently owed to the family. Unless Wally and Co put that money back into the new stadium the total money they'll have to invest from the sale of the Mem is zero. That means the whole amount of cash or a vast percentage of it is going to come from the investment banks. This means that the payments will have to be made and kept being made otherwise they're going to take they're money back and it's bye bye Saggys.

The final question then, is how is a club currently making a multi million pound loss going to find the money to turn that loss into a profit and pay off an approximate 45 million pound loan ? Even with a potential increase of gate revenue from the new stadium novelty value there's nothing to suggest they'll start making that kind of money any time soon.

 

There owners haven’t put a penny in, they have mortgaged the mem to the hilt to cover the loses, that can no longer be drawn upon (debt exceeds the value) they have serious cash flow problems proven by not being able to pay a nominal fee for a ucd player,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

There owners haven’t put a penny in, they have mortgaged the mem to the hilt to cover the loses, that can no longer be drawn upon (debt exceeds the value) they have serious cash flow problems proven by not being able to pay a nominal fee for a ucd player,

and still they bury their heads in the sand and think this new stadium is a goer - I've still to decide whether it is delusion or the effects of the fumes off the stale Fanta that makes them like this.  Whichever it is, I do not think there is an odder fanbase in the whole of football.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...