Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

15 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Have you got any City in you?

If not - do you want some...?😉

Jesus, it aint tinder...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Unicorn 1

13 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Don't forget Hillman, my old man had a Husky followed by a Super Minx - had a hell of a kick back when starting it on the crank handle.

And Triumph, I had a Dolomite Sprint and followed that up with a Stag - both blew head gaskets twice. Loved both of them though. But the love of my life was my first motor, a Lambretta Li150 which got me and my Mrs to Weymouth and back on many occasions.

Back on topic, that memorial "stadium" looks like a tinpot shower of shite which belongs a few tiers down in the football pyramid. Its shockingly bad for a football league club. How much is a bit of paint FFS.

Aaaahh! Those were the days! Forgot all about the kick back from the cranking handle :laugh:

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

Ah the old phil charles gag

I first heard it uttered by Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy), who I met on several occasions in Corston - he was married to Leslie Crowther's daughter.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

What is that stuck on sign covering up? 

I believe it was something equine.

(insert horse and bolted joke here)

14 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Big day out at St Andrews , 2-0 Coventry 😂

The Gasholes are going down.

Given there are only really two relegation spots available this season, that is quite an achievement.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given there are only really two relegation spots available this season, that is quite an achievement.

Elsewhere Exeter, Swndon, FGR & Plymouth fill four of the top five positions in their division. City & Cheltenham are in the upper half of their divisions, so who's letting the West of England down?

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Will they be asking for a pat on the back if they accomplish that achievement?

"We fought off 20 other teams (and horses) to win this relegation to Division 4"

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 22A said:

Elsewhere Exeter, Swndon, FGR & Plymouth fill four of the top five positions in their division. City & Cheltenham are in the upper half of their divisions, so who's letting the West of England down?

they’ve been letting the West Of England down in the tinpottery stakes for decades so it should come as no surprise it is happening in the modern day - is their forum popcorn material after today’s results?

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Will they be asking for a pat on the back if they accomplish that achievement?

"We fought off 20 other teams (and horses) to win this relegation to Division 4"

They’d still tell everyone it was the best thing to happen to their club, if it happened. Remember being relegated to Non League was a good thing for them apparently. 

Weirdo’s.

So on gas chat fans are still disappointed and shocked they didn't take 2500 to 3000 which would be half there home support!! Also manager being called a PE Teacher and already a GC out thread!!! Who do they think they are going to get!!

2 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

So on gas chat fans are still disappointed and shocked they didn't take 2500 to 3000 which would be half there home support!! Also manager being called a PE Teacher and already a GC out thread!!! Who do they think they are going to get!!

An RE teacher. Because they haven't got a prayer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

1450 of them made the trip, so not quite what we took last weekend 

Ah, so not such a big turnout.

Unlike their display, which was reminiscent of a "big turnout".

Happy days...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

NEVER, Cockman said there was as many sags as Cov, they must have all been in the home end!   :P

On 01/08/2019 at 17:15, Monkeh said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/murky-waters-bristol-rovers-taken-3161703

how long until the efl start asking rovers about proof of funds,

they cant even afford 20k for scales

Classic mistake, getting elves confused with leprechauns, now if only I knew how to download that David Brent elf sketch! 

5 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Surprised that's all they took. Thought it would be their biggest following of the season 

Probably will be.

Their away support is shit.

Gotta be honest I thought they’d make more of an effort for this but it seems even the day trippers who only go to the big away grounds are deserting them now.

36 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

Plenty of them are serious as well.

What happened to the so called ‘super fans’ who NEVER get on their managers back?

Hypocrites

41 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Yet they will still claim to travel everywhere in greater numbers than us. This just proves to them and some of our more gullible fans what a load of bullshit that claim is. Imagine how few they would’ve taken if they visited St Andrews every year like we do?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Surprised that's all they took. Thought it would be their biggest following of the season 

We mustn’t forget that their away support is way better than ours. Ok, the tickets might have been cheaper than we had to pay up there last week BUT  the pay on the day option will have put thousands off as being able to turn up and pay cash at the turnstiles is a real inconvenience. Also, don’t forget they have another game next Saturday and thousands more will be choosing that one instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrBibs said:

We mustn’t forget that their away support is way better than ours. Ok, the tickets might have been cheaper than we had to pay up there last week BUT  the pay on the day option will have put thousands off as being able to turn up and pay cash at the turnstiles is a real inconvenience. Also, don’t forget they have another game next Saturday and thousands more will be choosing that one instead.

Plus, balloon festival...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably will be.

Gotta be honest I thought they’d make more of an effort for this but it seems even the day trippers who only go to the big away grounds are deserting them now.

What happened to the so called ‘super fans’ who NEVER get on their managers back?

Hypocrites

Yet they will still claim to travel everywhere in greater numbers than us. This just proves to them and some of our more gullible fans what a load of bullshit that claim is. Imagine how few they would’ve taken if they visited St Andrews every year like we do?

Meanwhile crowds of over 21k are becoming the norm at the Gate, our average this season could be over 3 times as many as theirs.

1 hour ago, walnutroof said:

1450 😂 there were more people in the queue at the City shop when the new kit came out - massive club my arse 

21 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably will be.

Hypocrites

Didn't we take 3k+ when we were last in League 1??

1 hour ago, walnutroof said:

So around 4,000 less than we took on our last trip there then ...

8 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Ha, yes! Must be the blue and white quarters in the badge that makes BMW drivers utter tagnuts.

I was gutted when my new company car turned out to be a BMW! 😔

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I first heard it uttered by Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy), who I met on several occasions in Corston - he was married to Leslie Crowther's daughter.

IIRC he says it on the double album “Live and Dangerous” but using Irish, not City.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

IIRC he says it on the double album “Live and Dangerous” but using Irish, not City.

Indeed. Something along the lines of:

Are there any Irish girls here?

Any girls with a bit of Irish in them?

Any girls want a bit of Irish in them?

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

And Bury have three games in hand...😀

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed. Something along the lines of:

Are there any Irish girls here?

Any girls with a bit of Irish in them?

Any girls want a bit of Irish in them?

Are there any girls in the audience with any Irish in them?

are there any girls in the audience who’d like a bit more Irish in them?

it goes... 

1 hour ago, adamski said:

Are there any girls in the audience with any Irish in them?

are there any girls in the audience who’d like a bit more Irish in them?

it goes... 

Well, it must have been at least 40, even 45 years ago, and I wasn't far off!

Interesting on slagchat, when they talk about the league below them, they all seem to call it ‘Division 2’. Is this a kind of denial thing (implying they are in Division 1). Because, if we’re playing that game, the division just one below them is Division 4. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Interesting on slagchat, when they talk about the league below them, they all seem to call it ‘Division 2’. Is this a kind of denial thing (implying they are in Division 1). Because, if we’re playing that game, the division just one below them is Division 4. 

Nothing new with that lot, anything to make them feel better, the Conference was renamed ‘Division 5’ whilst they were in there. Not that it matters as fair play to them they are exactly where they should be at present, occupying a relegation spot in ‘Division 1’

13 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Its a bit like when they were relegated from the league it was into league 3.

Made 'em feel better I suppose but still delusional.

Edit: BCFC11 beat me to it - but I had a pikey telling me in the pub that it was league 3 in all but name :D

Edited by bcfc01

5 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I was gutted when my new company car turned out to be a BMW! 😔

You do know that you can choose the colours within their badge EEOB? My last company car was a beemer and, as in moose's picture, I had the blue replaced with red free of charge.

FWIW, I hated the beemer and have now ordered something different! :gasmask:

Edited by Ska Junkie

On 16/08/2019 at 23:14, bcfc01 said:

Don't forget Hillman, my old man had a Husky followed by a Super Minx - had a hell of a kick back when starting it on the crank handle.

And Triumph, I had a Dolomite Sprint and followed that up with a Stag - both blew head gaskets twice. Loved both of them though. But the love of my life was my first motor, a Lambretta Li150 which got me and my Mrs to Weymouth and back on many occasions.

Back on topic, that memorial "stadium" looks like a tinpot shower of shite which belongs a few tiers down in the football pyramid. Its shockingly bad for a football league club. How much is a bit of paint FFS.

I believe @ivorguy ended up upside down in a Husky after a wheel fell off in ‘76. 

Luckily a little after he’d dropped my mum off somewhere, whilst heavily pregnant with me.

• Like 1