Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Recommended Posts

Well yes, they may not have scored in the league at all this season, be in the relegation zone in a league where there is effectively only two relegation spots, be calling for the manger's head, and suffering from abysmal attendances, BUT they did get further than us in the League Cup. So... Successful season really!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cock seems to be Gary Thompson Mk II.

All passion but not the faintest idea of how to set up a team and what strategy to use.

Though in their Board's eyes he has one towering advantage over all other possible managerial candidates.

He's cheap.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Well yes, they may not have scored in the league at all this season, be in the relegation zone in a league where there is effectively only two relegation spots, be calling for the manger's head, and suffering from abysmal attendances, BUT they did get further than us in the League Cup. So... Successful season really!

I hadn't thought of that! Thank you, that's cheered me up no end :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

You do know that you can choose the colours within their badge EEOB? My last company car was a beemer and, as in moose's picture, I had the blue replaced with red free of charge.

FWIW, I hated the beemer and have now ordered something different! :gasmask:

Thank you Ska Junkie, proves you’re never to old to learn! 🤨

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Tinman knows .20190818_063746.thumb.jpg.a6f5a84060becbfbe828cab83fe9f726.jpg

It’s written into the BCFC Employee Handbook as the only thing you need to say to any Gashead when being given stick by them. Tbh the sad Gapper was lucky that Tinnion didn’t **** him.......what sort of bellend do you have to be to open your gob like that in a restaurant when it is pretty likely that someone is spending time with their family?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

....what sort of bellend do you have to be to open your gob like that in a restaurant when it is pretty likely that someone is spending time with their family?

A thick Gas bell end obviously .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I hadn't thought of that! Thank you, that's cheered me up no end :)

I followed someone out of the ground yesterday with Miah as the name printed on their City shirt - you seen the light?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I followed someone out of the ground yesterday with Miah as the name printed on their City shirt - you seen the light?

Sadly for me I was one of the unlucky ones who didn't get locked out of the Coventry game and had to watch the whole match.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sadly for me I was one of the unlucky ones who didn't get locked out of the Coventry game and had to watch the whole match.

Was it as bad as comments suggest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was it as bad as comments suggest?

I think there is always a bit of a over reaction to any game of football played by any team these days and I don't agree with some of the terms used to describe the performance yesterday (or for that matter the games against Blackpool and Wycombe either) However, it was certainly a poor performance and those of you who bet on us to go up this year might want to see what the cash out value is :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

 

Was this number 1 the last time we played each other in the league?

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Was this number 1 the last time we played each other in the league?

I just googled it all, the last League Derby was on Tuesday, 3rd Of April 2001, this was number 1.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I just googled it all, the last League Derby was on Tuesday, 3rd Of April 2001, this was number 1.

 

I can hear John Motson right now... in that stupid sort of surprised sounding way he has of saying things  "and HEARSAY were in the pop charts last time these met!!!!!!"

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1450 away fans at St. Andrew yesterday, 

Over 2000 city fans at the same venue last week,.

Can we nail the lie put out by the blue few that they have a greater away following than us.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bs3 said:

1450 away fans at St. Andrew yesterday, 

Over 2000 city fans at the same venue last week,.

Can we nail the lie put out by the blue  that they have a greater away following than us.

 

No chance of that I’m afraid. Quite a few gullible City fans on here who obviously hang around with Sagheads in the pub on a Saturday night and totally believe their bullshit about away support. Doesn’t matter how many facts and examples you show them.

St Andrews isn’t even a ‘new’ ground for most of our supporters, we go there every year. That 1450 yesterday for the Gas included their day trippers who only bother with the bigger stadiums 🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bs3 said:

1450 away fans at St. Andrew yesterday, 

Over 2000 city fans at the same venue last week,.

Can we nail the lie put out by the blue few that they have a greater away following than us.

 

Accept C*ty loan youngsters into our ranks & you have absolutely no case, when bemoaning the gulf between the two Bristol clubs.
 

Unless you're blind there is a gulf at the moment in footballing terms, so let's not delude ourselves. The only way we close that is a stadium and getting to the championship, so I will take better players from anywhere to achieve that. At the moment the only thing we win is we have better fans, who will be true, what ever is thrown at us, but when I see some of the comments on here I do worry.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unan said:
Accept C*ty loan youngsters into our ranks & you have absolutely no case, when bemoaning the gulf between the two Bristol clubs.
 

Unless you're blind there is a gulf at the moment in footballing terms, so let's not delude ourselves. The only way we close that is a stadium and getting to the championship, so I will take better players from anywhere to achieve that. At the moment the only thing we win is we have better fans, who will be true, what ever is thrown at us, but when I see some of the comments on here I do worry.

“At the moment the only thing we win is we have better fans”

So...only 7k Gasheads show up for the first home game of the season and they take 700 fewer than us to St Andrews for a Saturday league game....but they think they have better fans? 🤣

Deserting their club after only a couple of games of the season, not for the first time either.

Deluded idiots.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God they care so much what other people think of them, how pathetic, and they make up rubbish to make themselves feel better

I disagree re the Taylor deal.Yes they tried to humiliate us,but the whole thing was quite rightly perceived by most other clubs fans as a billy big bollocks stunt and they showed their true colours like the bunch of tossers they really are.Hope we never have any dealings with them again but you can be sure the gentleman’s agreement would fly out the window if they wanted any of our players in the future.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bs3 said:

1450 away fans at St. Andrew yesterday, 

Over 2000 city fans at the same venue last week,.

Can we nail the lie put out by the blue few that they have a greater away following than us.

 

Yes but the Fleece had an Oasis tribute band on last night so 30,000 15ers couldn’t make it to Birmingham.

Edited by BS2 Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Unan said:

gentleman’s agreement would fly out the window if they wanted any of our players in the future.

The irony being WTF would we EVER want any of their players. Not a SINGLE on of their playing staff would get in our u23 side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Unan said:

God they care so much what other people think of them, how pathetic, and they make up rubbish to make themselves feel better

I disagree re the Taylor deal.Yes they tried to humiliate us,but the whole thing was quite rightly perceived by most other clubs fans as a billy big bollocks stunt and they showed their true colours like the bunch of tossers they really are.Hope we never have any dealings with them again but you can be sure the gentleman’s agreement would fly out the window if they wanted any of our players in the future.

"Most other clubs"

Like a three year old with imaginary friends although I wouldn't put it past the sad ***** to join 90 fans forums in the hope of eliciting a pat on the head or **** material like "you're a proper club".

Maggots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bs3 said:

1450 away fans at St. Andrew yesterday, 

Over 2000 city fans at the same venue last week,.

Can we nail the lie put out by the blue few that they have a greater away following than us.

 

Probably the best ground they will visit this season and they still only take 2/3rds of what we take.....mind the gap Gas ‘Ed’s, mind the gap! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bs3 said:

1450 away fans at St. Andrew yesterday, 

Over 2000 city fans at the same venue last week,.

Can we nail the lie put out by the blue few that they have a greater away following than us.

 

Yes but we were playing a league two team. If we were playing a championship side it would have been over 3000😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Probably the best ground they will visit this season and they still only take 2/3rds of what we take.....mind the gap Gas ‘Ed’s, mind the gap! 😂

Well firstly, we will be playing Sunderland this season, definitely a step up from St Andrews, so we will take 3000 there and then of course there will be Wembley in the play off final where we will double whatever you would have taken .

  • Haha 11
  • Rovers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

"Most other clubs"

Like a three year old with imaginary friends although I wouldn't put it past the sad ***** to join 90 fans forums in the hope of eliciting a pat on the head or **** material like "you're a proper club".

Maggots.

Come now, I'm sure Man City fans talk about little else but the Taylor deal. There's probably a long thread about it on most club's forums, it's such a big scandal, a stain on the game's spotless reputation.

Remind me who agreed the sell on clause and forgot to set it at £10m though, as their fans don't seem to know anything about it. Or they do but don't want to hold their beloved owner accountable for it. Or for anything else 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Unan said:

God they care so much what other people think of them, how pathetic, and they make up rubbish to make themselves feel better

I disagree re the Taylor deal.Yes they tried to humiliate us,but the whole thing was quite rightly perceived by most other clubs fans as a billy big bollocks stunt and they showed their true colours like the bunch of tossers they really are.Hope we never have any dealings with them again but you can be sure the gentleman’s agreement would fly out the window if they wanted any of our players in the future.

Hahahahaha, inside their own peanut brains they probably thought the rest of the footballing world had sympathy with them.

The reality is completely different but you try telling that to those poor little ‘victims’. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well firstly, we will be playing Sunderland this season, definitely a step up from St Andrews, so we will take 3000 there and then of course there will be Wembley in the play off final where we will double whatever you would have taken .

Are there relegation play offs nowadays then Miah? 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Come now, I'm sure Man City fans talk about little else but the Taylor deal. There's probably a long thread about it on most club's forums, it's such a big scandal, a stain on the game's spotless reputation.

Remind me who agreed the sell on clause and forgot to set it at £10m though, as their fans don't seem to know anything about it. Or they do but don't want to hold their beloved owner accountable for it. Or for anything else 

You're missing the point surely? Just because there was £300k sell on clause, didn't mean that was all we had to pay. we clearly should have paid them at least half of their ridiculous valuation, out of the goodness of own hearts. They would have definitely done this if the situation had been reversed, just like they paid the rugby club a fair price for the memorial ground and errr............ 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You're missing the point surely? Just because there was £300k sell on clause, didn't mean that was all we had to pay. we clearly should have paid them at least half of their ridiculous valuation, out of the goodness of own hearts. They would have definitely done this if the situation had been reversed, just like they paid the rugby club a fair price for the memorial ground and errr............ 

You are right course, I am deeply ashamed of our club for not doing so. No wonder the fans of every other club are talking about it.

Is it too late to make amends? Perhaps we could pay for them to have proper doors fitted to their players and officials entrance so they don't have to secure it with a rusty padlock on the outside? Then they can boast about having Championship ready doors to go with the sprinklers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unan said:
Accept C*ty loan youngsters into our ranks & you have absolutely no case, when bemoaning the gulf between the two Bristol clubs.
 

Unless you're blind there is a gulf at the moment in footballing terms, so let's not delude ourselves. The only way we close that is a stadium and getting to the championship, so I will take better players from anywhere to achieve that. At the moment the only thing we win is we have better fans, who will be true, what ever is thrown at us, but when I see some of the comments on here I do worry.


Finally, I just want to add where I feel I totally disagree with your marking: that given for our away support.  You gave 9/10 for no doubt turning out in numbers and generlaly making  a lot of noise as befits the Gas travelling Army.  However, the reaction at the final whistle was an embarrassment!


Thankfully, there was just about enough applause for the team that came to us to acknowledge our travelling support, but the boos from our own fans was undoubtedly dominant and was clearly heard from our players, and it affected them.  It even started when the first player came to us (Smith, I think), who was on his own, before the rest of the team joined him, to be met with boos!  Great treatment for a young lad on loan!

Gasheads!  This was undoubtedly a poor performance, and a huge disappointment. But only our fourth competitive game, only our third league game, only our second defeat of the season!

I was embarrased to be a Gashead yesterday.  I am proud of supporting a team that invariably struggles on and off the pitch, that continues to watch with envy as our noisy neighbours continue to widen the gap between us, that continues to struggle with adversity, that has limited funds, that will always be cosidered the poor relation in a two club city.  But our support was supposed to be 'loyal and true'  that will 'always follow the boys in blue.....and white!'

 

Ye amazing set of fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Well firstly, we will be playing Sunderland this season, definitely a step up from St Andrews, so we will take 3000 there and then of course there will be Wembley in the play off final where we will double whatever you would have taken .

Well, you only took 1500 last season so what “gas logic” makes you think you’ll double that figure this year?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Come now, I'm sure Man City fans talk about little else but the Taylor deal. There's probably a long thread about it on most club's forums, it's such a big scandal, a stain on the game's spotless reputation.

Remind me who agreed the sell on clause and forgot to set it at £10m though, as their fans don't seem to know anything about it. Or they do but don't want to hold their beloved owner accountable for it. Or for anything else 

IIRC, after we played, extremely well, at the Etihad a couple of years ago, there were a couple of gasheads that went straight on to the Man C forums slagging us off and saying they 'would have taken more fans', 'much better club', 'love us more than them gurt 'teds' etc only to be embarrassed by the Man C collective. It made for great reading on the long trip home as I remember it. 

Like Man C fans give a shit! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

IIRC, after we played, extremely well, at the Etihad a couple of years ago, there were a couple of gasheads that went straight on to the Man C forums slagging us off and saying they 'would have taken more fans', 'much better club', 'love us more than them gurt 'teds' etc only to be embarrassed by the Man C collective. It made for great reading on the long trip home as I remember it. 

Like Man C fans give a shit! 

There was definitely one who went on a Man City forum in the lead up to the game. Trying to find someone who’d say they preferred them to us.

Think he got told that they didn’t give a shit iirc. 

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Well, you only took 1500 last season so what “gas logic” makes you think you’ll double that figure this year?

It was just before Xmas last season, but this season it's in February , which will probably coincide with our push towards the play offs. Add in the fact that last season a lot of us stayed in Newcastle for the weekend and I told a lot of people what a good laugh we had, it's easy to see why we will double what we took last time.

That's not even allowing for the fact that Sunderland fans loved us and many will be imploring us to visit again.

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:


Finally, I just want to add where I feel I totally disagree with your marking: that given for our away support.  You gave 9/10 for no doubt turning out in numbers and generlaly making  a lot of noise as befits the Gas travelling Army.  However, the reaction at the final whistle was an embarrassment!


Thankfully, there was just about enough applause for the team that came to us to acknowledge our travelling support, but the boos from our own fans was undoubtedly dominant and was clearly heard from our players, and it affected them.  It even started when the first player came to us (Smith, I think), who was on his own, before the rest of the team joined him, to be met with boos!  Great treatment for a young lad on loan!

Gasheads!  This was undoubtedly a poor performance, and a huge disappointment. But only our fourth competitive game, only our third league game, only our second defeat of the season!

I was embarrased to be a Gashead yesterday.  I am proud of supporting a team that invariably struggles on and off the pitch, that continues to watch with envy as our noisy neighbours continue to widen the gap between us, that continues to struggle with adversity, that has limited funds, that will always be cosidered the poor relation in a two club city.  But our support was supposed to be 'loyal and true'  that will 'always follow the boys in blue.....and white!'

 

Ye amazing set of fans. 

So, only their 3rd game in the league and only their 2nd defeat, thus a 66.6% loss percentage thus far - nice work pikeys! Long may that continue!

Edited by BanburyRed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Are there relegation play offs nowadays then Miah? 

My memory is probably wrong, but I thought the first year of the play offs saw a 'to be' relegated side playing a 'to be' promoted side.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...