Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

The irony for me in their ‘world’s best fans’ claims are based on numbers and the claims are so easy to disprove. If I was them, I’d go down the

”easy to get 20,000 in a nice stadium in the Championship, getting 7,000 to go to a terrible stadium each week and seeing poor football is not easy and requires proper dedication” Route. 

Still, each to their own. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

The irony for me in their ‘world’s best fans’ claims are based on numbers and the claims are so easy to disprove. If I was them, I’d go down the

”easy to get 20,000 in a nice stadium in the Championship, getting 7,000 to go to a terrible stadium each week and seeing poor football is not easy and requires proper dedication” Route. 

But apparently they don't want a real stadium as that would make them a "franchise" or some such nonsense, their ground invokes the spirit of "real football" where it's still 1972 and the passion of that era. I don't understand why more people don't turn up for that real experience.... 🙄

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

their ground invokes the spirit of "real football" where it's still 1972 and the passion of that era. I don't understand why more people don't turn up for that real experience.... 🙄

That ground didn’t have football in 1972!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Comedy gold down the Mem this weekend? Worth £20 of anyone's money to see Matty T smash it past em, still our player an all.

I did laugh at this, even some of their own fans don't buy the bullshit of others.

image.png.9c9715ee805fcf7962bf2bc45ce46974.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 Pages and counting of vitriolic shite towards Matty.

Small time, two bit, chicken shit outfit.

Hope you enjoy Matty scoring against you Pikeys :sub:

It will happen, oh yes.

23 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Can't make Hull as I won’t have finished work in time so might get a ticket in with the Oxford fans to lend him my support...

Oh please don't a) you will putting money into their grubby little hands and b) as soon as they see this they will be convinced that the away end will be "FULL of shitheads" 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh please don't a) you will putting money into their grubby little hands and b) as soon as they see this they will be convinced that the away end will be "FULL of shitheads" 

Was tongue in cheek tbh to give our visitors from Chernobyl something to get excited about

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

10 Pages and counting of vitriolic shite towards Matty.

Small time, two bit, chicken shit outfit.

Hope you enjoy Matty scoring against you Pikeys :sub:

It will happen, oh yes.

Their most active thread in years probably.. Bless their cottons.

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They really don’t help themselves do they? From the top of that club to the dregs they all come out with the same shit, it’s like a disease they all suffer from.

...but apparently we’re the deluded ones

I'll tell you what Cockman...I'll give you a pound for every fewer there, and you give me a pound for every Cov fan.....................can't say faier than that !

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Every time I go on  slagchat on my iPad a message comes up in the search window saying “not secure”. Even Internet browsers know 😂

Don't laugh too much SR. I get the same when I go to BCFC.co.uk 😃

Even so, I'm still having a cheeky tenner on Matty to score on Saturday.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

But apparently they don't want a real stadium as that would make them a "franchise" or some such nonsense, their ground invokes the spirit of "real football" where it's still 1972 and the passion of that era. I don't understand why more people don't turn up for that real experience.... 🙄

It would have been shite in 1972, believe me!

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Comedy gold down the Mem this weekend? Worth £20 of anyone's money to see Matty T smash it past em, still our player an all.

do people actually pay to watch that shit ?

8 hours ago, Southport Red said:

They glory in their ineptitude. 

Happy to be crappy. 

What a bunch of losers . 

12 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Not all of ‘em. 

One of them after their latest defeat said how some of the players are robbing them of their admission fee’s due to lack of effort etc, laughable coming from a club where not only the supporters pass seasontickets through the fence so their mates can get in FOC but also stewards like to pocket the cash on the away turnstiles 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

laughable coming from a club where not only the supporters pass seasontickets through the fence so their mates can get in FOC

Seriously, if they've installed a system that's unable to detect whether or not a ticket's already been used then they deserve all that's coming to them.

Please, please, please let it be so....🤞🤞🤞🤞

29 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Seriously, if they've installed a system that's unable to detect whether or not a ticket's already been used then they deserve all that's coming to them.

Please, please, please let it be so....🤞🤞🤞🤞

Looking at the pictures of their players entrance and the bolt across the home dressing room door would you really be that shocked?

Edited by BCFC11

3 minutes ago, Unan said:

Genuinely think Taylor could be in trouble because he’s the type of bloke who will score and shh the Blackthorn end. Hopefully he isn’t that stupid

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh I don’t know, I doubt anyone could get close enough to him to do any damage, but the attempt would result in a points deduction and/or ground closure. Hits the club in two ways. :)

10 minutes ago, Unan said:

We've been in existence since 1883, and in that 136 years, not a single Rovers player has shat on us from as great a height as Taylor has.

Not even the keeper that was bent........they literally are the worlds thickest fan base.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Not even the keeper that was bent........they literally are the worlds thickest fan base.

There was a scandal on those lines that involved more than the goalkeeper. But clearly they are nowhere the same bracket as someone who legally decided to sign for another club.

Sure it will all off peacefully for them this weekend, after all...

It isn't as if them and Oxford have previous for horse punching and running battles up and down Gloucester Road.

Should be a fun weekend.

59 minutes ago, Unan said:

We've been in existence since 1883, and in that 136 years, not a single Rovers player has shat on us from as great a height as Taylor has.

What about Colin Daniel?

I know he wasn’t a Rovers player when he scored the goal that dumped them out of the League but he was dressed like one.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

What did Matty actually do wrong?

A team met his release clause, so he made the decision to move up a division, for a very decent payrise. 

What a bastard. 

Ah yes the release clause they are all bringing up again, you know the one which was printed in National Newspapers, and was even plastered all over Sagchat by a couple of their own, this being weeks before Taylor was even linked with us  but no SL, MT and his agent stitched the Fewers right up as nobody else knew his release clause! According to themselves we apparently showed the Footballing World what a classless club we were that day, funny how I remember it differently on social media where everyone was pissing themselves due to our shithousery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What about Colin Daniel?

I know he wasn’t a Rovers player when he scored the goal that dumped them out of the League but he was dressed as one.

Well and truly covered everyone of them from head to toe.

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What about Colin Daniel?

I know he wasn’t a Rovers player when he scored the goal that dumped them out of the League but he was dressed as one.

Or David Pipe, stopped bothering to play and decided to attack somebody and break their skull before being locked up so bringing to an end his Rovers' career.

I would say he lacked class and failed to bring glory to de famos qarters.

38 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, yes....it’s all part of a dastardly plan by Steve Lansdown. He’d have gotten away with it as well if it wasn’t for those pesky kids...

Absolute, weapons grade whoppers.

8456FF8E-4BDE-4F02-A9AE-BEBB68612EBA.jpeg

It’s so laughable.

Always the victims, the football league spend each day plotting how they can prevent the fewers from succeeding. 

Rovers play oxford in April too....

Matty Taylor to send the gas down?? That would be amazing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes, yes....it’s all part of a dastardly plan by Steve Lansdown. He’d have gotten away with it as well if it wasn’t for those pesky kids...

Absolute, weapons grade whoppers.

8456FF8E-4BDE-4F02-A9AE-BEBB68612EBA.jpeg

The Sag is right tbf. We’ve loaned him to Oxford to score a hat trick on Saturday then we’ll recall him immediately....to be repeated 42 more times.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I take it from the balanced and mature reactions from the Fewers to Taylor going to Oxford, they won't be signing any of our players on loan soon.

the gentlemens agreement only works one way to those idiots, we can't sign any players from them but they can sign them from us,

Its almost as if the agreement was made up to save face after publishing his release clause

Edited by Monkeh

3 hours ago, Unan said:

The City legend Chris Crowe came pretty close in the 60's though from the sky's above Eastville….   

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Ah yes the release clause they are all bringing up again, you know the one which was printed in National Newspapers, and was even plastered all over Sagchat by a couple of their own, this being weeks before Taylor was even linked with us  but no SL, MT and his agent stitched the Fewers right up as nobody else knew his release clause! According to themselves we apparently showed the Footballing World what a classless club we were that day, funny how I remember it differently on social media where everyone was pissing themselves due to our shithousery.

Months.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Months.

They have been told by a couple of their own numerous times that it was public knowledge, how that came about I don’t know, guessing his Agent to the press, but one of Fewers said he’d heard it from a close friend of MT.

Just now, BCFC11 said:

They have been told by a couple of their own numerous times that it was public knowledge, how that came about I don’t know, guessing his Agent to the press, but one of Fewers said he’d heard it from a close friend of MT.

Yep, but my vague recollection of the first public posting of it (by them) was back in August/September time and we weren't linked until the January window (may be wrong there).

It was certainly public knowledge and someone on here did once post a screenshot of the release clause being discussed on GasChat long before the transfer took place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yep, but my vague recollection of the first public posting of it (by them) was back in August/September time and we weren't linked until the January window (may be wrong there).

It was certainly public knowledge and someone on here did once post a screenshot of the release clause being discussed on GasChat long before the transfer took place.

Was probably Lansdown or Ashton logging into their Sagchat account tbf.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You are absolutely correct James

But who gives a **** what those clowns believe - the more wound up they get themselves , the funnier it is

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

The City legend Chris Crowe came pretty close in the 60's though from the sky's above Eastville….   

I had completely forgotten about that song :D

May be a cultural reference too far for any under 60's on here though @WhistleHappy

5 hours ago, Unan said:

So the bribery scandal where two of their players were banned for life for match fixing was ok then...

******* belters.

34 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

It was also mentioned in at least one national newspaper before the January transfer window.  

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

the gentlemens agreement only works one way to those idiots, we can't sign any players from them but they can sign them from us,

Its almost as if the agreement was made up to save face after publishing his release clause

Hahaha....Bingo!