Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

42nite

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread

Off to the Doctors later as I'm genuinely beginning to feel sorry for them. There seems to be no way back for them and it can only end one way 🤣

54 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Just when you thought you couldn't laugh anymore...

IMG_1691.PNG

Is that genuinely in the ground?

It looks like a car park ! 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

That's just what I said.

I was moved to look it up on google maps and you can see this area to one side of their main stand and a similar area to the other side.

It still looks like a carpark from the air.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gloucester+Rd,+Bristol/@51.4864127,-2.5830497,171m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487191e46defc2ab:0xcbd531dfd5134fb1!8m2!3d51.4813096!4d-2.5880194

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not sure mate. I think this was a few years ago.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's just what I said.

I was moved to look it up on google maps and you can see this area to one side of their main stand and a similar area to the other side.

It still looks like a carpark from the air.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gloucester+Rd,+Bristol/@51.4864127,-2.5830497,171m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x487191e46defc2ab:0xcbd531dfd5134fb1!8m2!3d51.4813096!4d-2.5880194

It's there, at the top of the terrace. You can see the walkway 

IMG_1697.PNG

Edited by RedLionLad
  • Like 2

Again - I have to quote "and we are not allowed to stand in the back row", yet that is so called safe!! Do they not have a SAG in League One - surely they couldn't turn a blind eye for a sackful of out of date crisps and fake fanta could they?

1 hour ago, wood_red said:

We are truly gutted that a player we would all probably like to be successful in the future, has made a mistake for another team. He didn't seem to do that for us though, as we sold him for £22 MILLION (about the same as the poor saggies debt)!!

Poor sod wouldn't understand that high a figure,  better off saying the gashead equivalent of 660k. 😀

25 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Again - I have to quote "and we are not allowed to stand in the back row", yet that is so called safe!! Do they not have a SAG in League One - surely they couldn't turn a blind eye for a sackful of out of date crisps and fake fanta could they?

Good job they don't do Nesquik and milk, people would be calling it a......................Fake Shake ! :P

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

IMG_1691.PNG

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

Looks like the guy in the middle has scoffed a few of they loafs

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

That's Dipsy, the green Tellytubby...

Today, I will be mostly wearing a bag on my head.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Actually, no. A Rovers STH friend of mine said that it was reported as the family stand, but wasn’t. It was the one that used to be, but isn’t now. 

Yes, exactly that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yes, exactly that.

Miah - we get that, I understood the first time you said it. What I don't understand is why one of YOUR own clubs supporters came on here to tell lies about the episode (as if to make Taylor out as some sort of coward). Maybe YOUR clubs supporter has read it somewhere and just another one of the Loyal and True who just don't bother to turn up anymore - and looking at those images who can blame them. Still at least you will be filling the 20000 stadium at the fruit market in 2 years.

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

Miah - we get that, I understood the first time you said it. What I don't understand is why one of YOUR own clubs supporters came on here to tell lies about the episode (as if to make Taylor out as some sort of coward). Maybe YOUR clubs supporter has read it somewhere and just another one of the Loyal and True who just don't bother to turn up anymore - and looking at those images who can blame them. Still at least you will be filling the 20000 stadium at the fruit market in 2 years.

I realise you understand. I was just answering BS3s post.

Gas logic.... Webster sold for £20m ‘outmuscled’ by Nichols bought for £300k for the goal = Nichols worth £6,000,000,000. That’s 16,000 Tilson’s if my maths is correct. 

Edited by Two_seats

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

IMG_1691.PNG

Must be the loyal (Translation: Fickle) and many few 100,000 locked out they keep going on about!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

They do have some covered areas dotted around the 'stadium'...

First come, first served.

IMG_1689.PNG

Where's Cilla?

• Haha 2

Most facilities are created multi purpose nowadays.  E.g. A lot of office blocks could easily be converted to shopping centres if they were vacated. The Mem however, has been created to become a camel market once it has been vacated by the barely solvent, solvent abusing Sags.

If you want to bid on this camel raise 6 fingers.

Edited by wendyredredrobin

..... and the loyal and trooo are 91st out of the 92 clubs in replica shirt sales for this season  - thought they loved their ‘unique’ kit and are so ‘prowed’ of it!

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-top-10s-premier-league-football-league-clubs-have-been-ranked-on-shirt-sales-20190828

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

..... and the loyal and trooo are 91st out of the 92 clubs in replica shirt sales for this season  - thought they loved their ‘unique’ kit and are so ‘prowed’ of it!

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-top-10s-premier-league-football-league-clubs-have-been-ranked-on-shirt-sales-20190828

89. Bury (League One)

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

TBF give them some credit; they beat Forest Green...

.. based in Nailsworth, population 5,794 - the smallest place to host a league team by population.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not surprised by this at all . I hardly ever see a rovers top in Bristol. 

Edited by Red Army 75

25 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

2015 flashback ....Screenshot_20190828-173720_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6b683952dea990da380ee6028a4646f.jpg

• Haha 3

These recent photos perfectly illustrate that the facilities at that dump are out of the 60s (70s if being generous).

Unbelievable.

Pikeys seem not to notice though (that lack of self awareness again).

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

These recent photos perfectly illustrate that the facilities at that dump are out of the 60s (70s if being generous).

Unbelievable.

Pikeys seem not to notice though (that lack of self awareness again).

They're worse than any ground I think I've ever been to. Even worse than Trumpton.

47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Amazed at where Huddersfield are in that table.

To be fair to the Fewers, haven't they only just put their shirts in sale?

Just as the holiday season comes to an end and parents are spending a fortune on new school gear. I'm sure there is some logic in there somewhere.... GASLOGIC.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair to the Fewers, haven't they only just put their shirts in sale?

Just as the holiday season comes to an end and parents are spending a fortune on new school gear. I'm sure there is some logic in there somewhere.... GASLOGIC.

And the gas think they're a similarly sized club to Brighton 😂

I admit that I have never been inside the Mem -  not interested in rugby, and when we were playing them in the league/cups, I refused to pay money to go there on the principal that they would benefit financially. 

How the hell can they mock ANYTHING when the inside of their "ground" looks like that!?

Watching the local ITV news tonight. Oh my god. You would have thought they had won. Some women said she was pleased with their great cup run (of round 2), Apparently they were magnificent and matched Brighton (could have sworn the stats someone posted showed they were battered) and now Tom Nicholls is a legend after 2 goals in 2 games!!

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

The queue of fans waiting to pay the steward at Gate 9 their £1 to get in....

IMG_1683.PNG

Having seen this photo I am fully convinced that the 20,000 locked out at each of their games is true.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

After the Paddy Power gimmick they have a shirt without a sponsor on it, I suspect this has in part made it very popular. 

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Wearing an Asda plastic bag on your head - the height of fashion.

Effective maybe. But not a good look.

Make do and mend is the new club motto

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why the **** do so many of them hang around outside the ground?

What on Earth is wrong with their ‘fanbase’?

No wonder their attendances are so shit.

It's hard to scape together the 50p they need to get in.

20 hours ago, TomF said:

We really need to appreciate that picture for it’s full glory.

Portable Toilet ✅ 

Burger Van with interior from 1972 ✅ 

Tented stand ✅ 

These photos are hilarious. They would even cheer up Morrissey.

Cheer up Morrissey

Oh what can it mean,  to a ...

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

When matchday falls before payday...

IMG_1696.PNG

In all fairness,they probably needed to save some money after splitting the cost of that bottle of................is it Moet?