Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rovers Dustbin Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Work calls so I can't look at them now but to flag that their June 2017 accounts are now available for (free) download at Companies' House. Ladies and Gentlemen: sharpen your pencils!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

All I can say is 'Section 35' ...............which clearly (again) states that Dwayne Sports ltd is incorporated in Jersey.  Therefore, I'm afraid the idiotic G*slogic on-and-on-and-on claim that we're owned by a non-uk entity (Sir Steve) really doesn't have the desired effect, does it?  Still, why let facts get in the way of a childish pop at  a real benefactor, eh?  Same old, same old............. nobs 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago bidefordgas, markczgas, and 2 more like this
Quote
Post Options
 

Post by lastminutewinner on 22 hours ago

Kingswood Polak Avatar
socrates Avatar
What difference will it make if he’s “ got the blinkers on “ as you put it or whether his eyes are wide open ?
What difference is it going to make if your obsessed with the 82ers or you say **** em we’re Rovers this is our club so who cares about them ?
We’re all entitled to our opinion but none of it makes any difference to whether the 82ers are successful or we’re successful or not.
All we can do is support our club.
 

______________

 
That is undoubtedly true but do you care that there will be a F.C. in the FL called Bristol Rovers and are still relatively well supported. 
You think I’m obsessed with city ? Not true but I see their crowds and I see their plans and then I look at ours and it’s pretty clear to see who is taking the initiative. I’d like to think that we can pick up some floating fans and alliances but, as it is, the only gasheads are kids being born into it and not all of them are nailed on certainties 
That is all I am trying to say but fair enough, looks like I’m in a very small minority. I am old enough to remember how many of our own changed alliance when they got to the old division 1 and it hurt to see friends, at school, suddenly turn up with their city scarves. 
It will happen and I hope they can feel our hot breath upon them when it does. The “gap” is getting bigger while we do nothing 
 

______________

I agree;

Wael talks a lot of evolution but the only evolving thing I can see is that City will pick up more and more younger/floating fans and while we are still all talk and no trousers.

 

Its hard to accept the evolution not revolution philosophy when your neighbours have transformed their ground into a good modern stadium with top training facilities and signing players for £5million+.

 

It will be years before we even start to catch up with them, if at all. Anyone who thinks City's success wont affect us is very short-sighted.

 

______________

 

I think you need to be at least 35/40 to really appreciate and understand the rivalry that there USED TO BE between us and The Sh*t. It's now nearly 20 years since we last played them in a league game and although football is unpredictable we are unlikely to cross paths soon.
In the meantime, away from the pitch as you last 2 guys have stated we are drifting even further away. You quite rightly say KP that the only new Rovers fans are those that are born into it like my 11 -year -old lad , but even then some of these kids don't follow their families.

Over the last few years I have taken plenty of my lad's friends to games - not one of them has become a Gashead, they either support one of the big clubs or no-one.

One small thing I'd like the club to do more is have regular open trials (a couple of times a season) for the Academy - it's letting the local public know that the club is part of the community and interested in engaging with its supporters and Bristol folk.

 

______________

 

Thank you very much. At least one person gets what I am saying. I appreciate your back up. They now are getting a category A academy while we argue who will pay for a training ground and that will be done piecemeal as it is. We haven’t changed at all and are still very much ragbag or ragass as Cotterill said. 
I would just love to compete is all but I’m dreaming. I don’t see it happening 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Unan said:

Realistic, fans not going to games/locked out..

 

Why doesn’t the ***** take the poor little girl to a game with him, rather than leave a 5 year old girl at home on her own..?!

Is their an age limit of over 5 to be able to be one of the many locked out..?

Link to post
Share on other sites

the only place taqlking about rovers accounts and them being nearly 14 million in debt is OTIB you couldn't make it up,

and old Henbury is at it again.....

Smithy Gas Avatar
Henbury Gas Avatar
Its connected to the old Henbury/Filton Line which starts life in Seven Beach i think and will be part of the "New" Henbury loop line going into Parkway and Temple Meads

They are building a £6m Station at the Filton (Charlton Halt ? - Brab Hanger) and a £12m+ at Henbury 

Work has started at Ashley Down railway station to upgrade it as well

The Biggest Hold up is to Filton Junction as they need to convert it to a 4 line junction from 2 at the moment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henbury_Loop_Line

 
 
Except this isn't true is it? As the Henbury Loop was rejected and they are opening a spur line rather than an efficient loop which would link effectively to Parkway/BTM?

Four tracking is also underway at Filton Junction and so shouldn't be holding up the local stations being built - although there most definitely is nothing happening at Ashley Down! 

Keep trying though... 
 

By the time the Arena is built in 2025 it will be a loop line. It will initially be a spur due to the port people dragging their corporate feet, but was told at the last local community meeting that talks are at an advanced stage  for an agreement

The Ashley Down upgrade is underway as contracts have been put out to tender.............

Keep trying for Temple Meads people may believe you one day it will be built

 

I can tell you for a fact that the loop isn't happening nether  the loop will be built nor is Ashley down out to tender

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Unan said:

Realistic, fans not going to games/locked out..

 

Just looked at their prices. They make ours look pretty decent!

Their cheapest Adult ticket (to stand on a shite terrace, with a shite view) is £3 a game less than our cheapest (south stand)

Their cheapest child (terrace) ticket is only £23 for under 11’s (ours being under 12’s) But ours is only £50 in the South stand or Lansdown Upper and kids get a free shirt with that. 

Their under 16’s (compared to ours being under 19’s) cheapest (terrace) is £120. Ours is £99 (South stand or Landsdown Upper) 

I know which seem (by far) better value to me..! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Unan said:

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2018/march/ianholtbystatement/

Ian Holtby, Stadium Manager at Bristol Rovers F C has now left the Club.

1st October 2017

There has been an awful lot of conjecture and supposition amongst our fans concerning the position of Ian Holtby at the Club.

This has arisen due to the new role that Ian has been asked to undertake at the Club as Stadium/Training Ground Manager.

With the imminent training ground development entering it’s next phase and the regeneration of the Memorial Stadium also in the development sequence, Ian, who stoically has doubled up as commercial manager for the past eight years simply would have been avalanched and overloaded with work, way beyond the call of duty.

With the appointment of new Commercial Director Tom Gorringe, who is able to dedicate with his team, all its efforts to the Club’s commercial activity, this has enabled us to liberate Ian to concentrate and assist in possibly one of the most important stages in the history of the Club.

Ian is a devoted Rovers Club man and certainly after 18 years of loyal service, someone that is not, as some might have perceived with his appointment in a new role, a loyal member of our team, that we would wish to discard.

He, like all of us the Club is now looking forward to moving forward with these exciting projects in mind, to further the Clubs amenities and facilities.

Steve Hamer
Bristol Rovers Chairman

p.s. Sod it, we have decided to discard him, after all!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Work calls so I can't look at them now but to flag that their June 2017 accounts are now available for (free) download at Companies' House. Ladies and Gentlemen: sharpen your pencils!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

Another 12 month backing from Wael then. So it seems they're alright for now...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unan said:

Realistic, fans not going to games/locked out..

 

Fortunately that video finished seconds before the little girl was smashed in the back of the head by a flying broken chair that had been launched towards a ‘shithead’ playing for the opposing team.

Couldn’t quite hear the commentary on the radio in the kitchen, presumably it was from whatever game City were playing that day?

Soon she’ll be old enough to have her own phone and she can stand on the Blackthorn with the rest of them...fixated on their mobile screens, keeping tabs on how we’re doing.

Heartwarming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Fortunately that video finished seconds before the little girl was smashed in the back of the head by a flying broken chair that had been launched towards a ‘shithead’ playing for the opposing team.

Couldn’t quite hear the commentary on the radio in the kitchen, presumably it was from whatever game City were playing that day?

Soon she’ll be old enough to have her own phone and she can stand on the Blackthorn with the rest of them...fixated on their mobile screens, keeping tabs on how we’re doing.

Heartwarming.

My thoughts were that they would be going back to the kids house to take their Duvet, kit etc that they used for advert so they can repackage it for reselling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

1st October 2017

There has been an awful lot of conjecture and supposition amongst our fans concerning the position of Ian Holtby at the Club.

This has arisen due to the new role that Ian has been asked to undertake at the Club as Stadium/Training Ground Manager.

With the imminent training ground development entering it’s next phase and the regeneration of the Memorial Stadium also in the development sequence, Ian, who stoically has doubled up as commercial manager for the past eight years simply would have been avalanched and overloaded with work, way beyond the call of duty.

With the appointment of new Commercial Director Tom Gorringe, who is able to dedicate with his team, all its efforts to the Club’s commercial activity, this has enabled us to liberate Ian to concentrate and assist in possibly one of the most important stages in the history of the Club.

Ian is a devoted Rovers Club man and certainly after 18 years of loyal service, someone that is not, as some might have perceived with his appointment in a new role, a loyal member of our team, that we would wish to discard.

He, like all of us the Club is now looking forward to moving forward with these exciting projects in mind, to further the Clubs amenities and facilities.

Steve Hamer
Bristol Rovers Chairman

p.s. Sod it, we have decided to discard him, after all!

I would think this mans most useful attribute is that his surname rhymes with orange. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...